• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Did you guys know about voiced weapon sounds on Gears 5?

Did you know about this?

• Total voters

TheInfamousKira

Reseterror Resettler
I'm no Gears or shooter fan, so I may be missing context, but

Why in the purple, war torn desolate wasteland we're the last two humans on earth so we need to FUCK would anyone play like this for more than five minutes unless they've got the TV muted, are deaf, or tied to a chair in Guantanamo Bay?

Edit: Seriously, I just watched thirty more seconds of this and I want to return the game. I don't even own a copy. Just imagine. Atmospheric sounds, maybe some music. Maybe a nice dreadful bassy combat suite with a hint of Electronica, I don't fucking know. And All of the sudden, bounding over the hill comes Machine Gun Marcus:

BLAM BLAM BL-BL-BLA-BL-BLAM BLAM BLAM B-B-B-B-BLAM

Like, I know it only applies to the player's game, but if I wanted a similar experience without the hassle of purchasing games, I can just suck start a chainsaw.

Last edited:

anthony2690

Banned
Did you play online much or just the campaign? I liked the horde mode a lot, was playing it a few weeks back again. Daily XP boosts now that there is limited support.
Gears 5 is my most played game ever with 67+ days playtime.

I personally just find the gears multiplayer is something special, but 67+ days it was time for me to enjoy other games :)

Especially as they removed rankings from the game, I enjoyed getting master rank each season.

& They replaced it with some silly leaderboard, I didn't play enough to be high enough placed for the weapon skins so it killed my motivation a bit.

I did also complete horde and and got most the escape inconceivable achievements and solo campaign inconceivable & iron man acheivements too.

I think I threw the towel in on seriously 5.2 though, I did unlock seriously 5.1 though.

I just CBA to level all the classes up to max level, as the pve modes are my least preferred modes :)

I played a game the other day, I noticed they made everything unlockable, I think I'm only missing two character skins anyway (as I always earned enough coins from playing to unlock everything free)

& The free seasons even give premium currency too & it's forever double exp now.

I think gears 5 perfected the store system with it's revamp.

Let the items be premium only for a week, then let them be unlocked for free with game currency a week later.

I ended up rambling on, I'm really sorry haha

Last edited:
Top Bottom