• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Digimon Survive launches July 29 in the west

SoraNoKuni

It seems like a nice attempt, the delays didn't really help with this game though.

DW3 on PSX is still one of my top games in my heart.

reksveks

Will probably buy.

The confusing thing is the platform releases in JP, no xbox but more interestingly no pc afaik.

Saber

Gold Member
Seems cool, but its weird to see Agumon digivolving for the 67th time, as if we never saw Greymon. Would like to see that new digimon evolving(well, at least is new to me).
Hope the game comes with a good digimon diversity.

azertydu91

Hard to Kill
Seems cool, but its weird to see Agumon digivolving for the 67th time, as if we never saw Greymon. Would like to see that new digimon evolving(well, at least is new to me).
Hope the game comes with a good digimon diversity.
Maybe they will use that MIT tool about diversity?
But jokes aside I like digimon games and I hope this one will be good, it looks like a fusion of disgaea and digimon

Saber

Gold Member
Maybe they will use that MIT tool about diversity?
But jokes aside I like digimon games and I hope this one will be good, it looks like a fusion of disgaea and digimon

Talking about the coverage of digimons, since digimon games after Cyber Sleuth seems to be scarse on variety of digimons. This makes the game less attractive.
But gameplay wise looks pretty interesting.

azertydu91

Hard to Kill
Talking about the coverage of digimons, since digimon games after Cyber Sleuth seems to be scarse on variety of digimons. This makes the game less attractive.
But gameplay wise looks pretty interesting.
I have to admit I haven't followed digimon in a long time ....Basically since cyber sleuth so it is starting to be quite some time and I don't how many digimons are left out.But yeah a bit more diversity than sleuth would be great.

anthony2690

Banned
Wonder if this will have a summer game fest showing, as so far it feels like it's just being sent out to die.

I did preorder it though, as it was only £37 at the game collection

Sleepwalker

I'm getting this over xenoblade (yes im that guy) will play at the gym while on the bike. Lately been having some childhood digimon nostalgia so im ready to scratch that itch.

kraspkibble

Permabanned.
Visual novel with tactical rpg battles. There are free battles to capture and level up Digimon.
i watched more footage of it and i'm sold :) just bought it! i was hoping to go get it today but my local stores are sold out of the Switch versions. even amazon is sold out. had to get it on ebay so need to wait a few days.

Mr.ODST

Liking the game so far but yes its a visual novel, had over 4 hours of cutscenes and done 3 fights ... the travel system is a pain though

STARSBarry

Gold Member
Liking the game so far but yes its a visual novel, had over 4 hours of cutscenes and done 3 fights ... the travel system is a pain though

Just to clarify is it a Kinetic novel? In that you just read and read and a battle happens, or do you get to make meaningful choices in dialog that effects the flow of the story?

Interested but if its going to be VN based primarily I want choices in how that plays out.

Last edited:

Mr.ODST

Just to clarify is it a Kinetic novel? In that you just read and read and a battle happens, or do you get to make meaningful choices in dialog that effects the flow of the story?

Interested but if its going to be VN based primarily I want choices in how that plays out.
Not sure how the choices affect the game but the animations are quite nice on the characters and digimons, it does give you different dialogue and each one depending on the character will increase morality or change the "mood" of conversations etc, there is also the persona type system to convince monsters to join you

kraspkibble

Permabanned.
do we have any idea of how long it is? i know the game is only just out but i'm sure there will be some people who have already finished it or can at least say "I'm x hours in so far!"

i'm expecting 15-20 hours. i read it has replay value too so that's good :D

Kataploom

Gold Member
Visual novel with tactical rpg battles. There are free battles to capture and level up Digimon.
This is good to know, as much as I started feeling Fire Emblem: Three Houses, it's feeling harsh to continue due to all school BS that doesn't let me just get into battle, I have to decide if I want to battle or do some other non battle stuff that day, like WTF? Was thinking it would be the same for Digimon Survive since it seemed like following similar structure

kraspkibble

Permabanned.
This is good to know, as much as I started feeling Fire Emblem: Three Houses, it's feeling harsh to continue due to all school BS that doesn't let me just get into battle, I have to decide if I want to battle or do some other non battle stuff that day, like WTF? Was thinking it would be the same for Digimon Survive since it seemed like following similar structure
the similarities to FE is what put me off at first. well i mean i just saw the grid structure and how far you could move and it instantly reminded me of FE. i don't mind that kind of combat but i hope it's not as tedious and frustrating as FE.

Not sure how the choices affect the game but the animations are quite nice on the characters and digimons, it does give you different dialogue and each one depending on the character will increase morality or change the "mood" of conversations etc, there is also the persona type system to convince monsters to join you

The choices apparently change what last few chapters of the game you end up with

kraspkibble

Permabanned.
i'm hoping my copy arrives today! they said monday or tuesday but if they really did dispatch it yesterday it's possible it could arrive today :D

kraspkibble

Permabanned.
yey my copy arrived <3

IMG-0353.jpg

Last edited:

kraspkibble

Permabanned.
Will give it a go when it gets a discount, seems beautiful and I am all in for a narrative focused digimon game.
here you can get it for like £35 already in some places. it's not a huge discount but still good for a brand new game. some places selling it for £55. i paid £45 for mine.

anthony2690

Banned
I've been playing this since the 28th, as I got my copy early!
I'm about 8+ hours into the game and genuinely enjoying it a lot more than I expected.

Combat seems more frequent now, story is some what fairly interesting.

The bigger battles with quite a few enemies/bosses seem more interesting, I do feel over levelled though, probably due to free battles, I may raise the difficulty, then again some of my less used Digimon get 1 hit killed.

I went in, expecting this game to be terrible due to how bandai namco seemed like they were hiding the game, but I'm genuinely really enjoying myself.

I hope others here are enjoying the game.

Last edited:

Sleepwalker

Ive seen some lists on websites already Mr.ODST Mr.ODST

I just finished chapter 1, the start was super slow but its starting to pick up now, the combat reminds me of ff tactics and old school fire emblem. So far so good :)

Mr.ODST

Getting bored of all the dialogue now just want to play the game and digivolve some mandem.

Here is how the moral / choice system works for anybody who wants to know

There is 3 paths of morality (Red, Green and Yellow) each path determines which digivolution path Agumon goes down (You can start with Tyrannomon who is green morality, but then the next evo be metalgreymon who is red morality) each path is required to have 10 "points or choices" to be selected as the main path.

In chapter 9 your major moral choice will be the story path you choose (Think there is 3 different endings, Red, Yellow and Green).

Last edited:

drganon

The vn aspect intrigues me. I've got too much other new stuff to play now, but might check it out later.

Top Bottom