• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Digital Foundry: 60FPS on PS5: Red Dead 2, DriveClub, Arkham Knight + More! Unofficial Patches Tested on Modded PS5

rofif

Can’t Git Gud
The PC version has been fixed by modders in the past year, restoring all the missing graphical effects, adding in native FXAA and SMAA, even doing better AO, I've been thinking of doing a thread on it really.
I've been investigating some efforts about restoring the 360/ps3 look but it was a bit of a mess.
Might need to get deep into it again some day

YCoCg

I've been investigating some efforts about restoring the 360/ps3 look but it was a bit of a mess.
Might need to get deep into it again some day
It's called Fusion Fix and for most people it's just a drag and drop install, things moved quickly last year once shader editing was made available and they found out that the pc version of the game had broken Shaders and badly programmed effects, so they've just been correcting those and fixing bugs and the game on pc is looking pretty great now.

Last edited:

Senua

A statement made by someone who hasn't created anything of value. When you work hard to innovate and create something, you want to reap the benefits/rewards of your hard work. When someone goes and illegally manipulates your work robbing you of the benefit you're supposed to receive, it's fair game to be upset. This has nothing to do with corporations and is a sentiment that applies to the basic individual. It's not like I'd expect you to understand. Those who leech of the hard work of others never create or have anything of value to offer.
Jeez dude, you sound like an oil barren

I would really love for Sony to just hire all of these modders and let them do this sort of legitimately. I would gladly pay $10 or $15 or even $20 to get some PS5 upgrades for some of my PS4 games. It seems like easy money for Sony. Hell, they just jacked up PS+. Maybe had they said, "we're raising prices because we're expanding our backwards compatibility efforts", I would have kept my subscription going.

A statement made by someone who hasn't created anything of value. When you work hard to innovate and create something, you want to reap the benefits/rewards of your hard work. When someone goes and illegally manipulates your work robbing you of the benefit you're supposed to receive, it's fair game to be upset. This has nothing to do with corporations and is a sentiment that applies to the basic individual. It's not like I'd expect you to understand. Those who leech of the hard work of others never create or have anything of value to offer.

1CFfhUp.png

Last edited:

rofif

Can’t Git Gud
It's called Fusion Fix and for most people it's just a drag and drop install, things moved quickly last year once shader editing was made available and they found out that the pc version of the game had broken Shaders and badly programmed effects, so they've just been correcting those and fixing bugs and the game on pc is looking pretty great now.
oh yeah this is new to me. Thats fucking excellent. Thanks

RJMacready73

Simps for Amouranth
Lot of console players in here blissfully unaware of how even a doubling of fps from 30 to 60 can cause knock-on bugs down the road. Some are completely impossible to find unless you play every single mission in the game and thoroughly test the fuck out of it, but could be seriously problematic. For instance, GTA IV on the Xbox (and PC) at 60 fps breaks a sequence in the final mission where you have to climb into a moving helicopter. The increase in framerate throws off the assurance and makes it nigh impossible to complete. You see these videos and think ah hah it's really that simple! But the truth is, it isn't, and every single Rockstar game that I've tested on PC has had some flaws show themselves when you unlock that 30 fps limiter. Sony can't just go and do that on their own without Rockstar thoroughly play testing the game and making sure nothing erroneous occurs by cause of fps unlock. I can personally confirm there are at least visual issues with RDR2 at 60 fps on PC, one being broken train smoke in cutscenes:

In cases like that couldnt they simply add in an experimental frame unlock mode and caveat it with a "if shit looks broken switch this mode off" therefore allowing players to play the game unlocked and benefit from the 60+ fps and if they do hit a game breaking bug or section that looks/plays off its only a matter of switching back to 30fps mode and then reenabling once past that particular section?

Either way lets face it, R* have the cash and resources to do this but they wont because they want to milk their fanbase for all its worth with the enivitable remake/remaster down the line once GT6 releases

Top Bottom