• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Digital Foundry: Best SSD for PS5 2021

MacReady13

"Funny" story... yesterday my PS5 decided to perform a blue light of death on me! Was playing a game when bang, screen froze then turned off the console then the PS5 was flashing blue.

Rebooted and reset the console but noticed that it was NOT showing my SSD. Thought a restart might fix that but once again, blue lights of death! Turned off my PS5 and removed my 2TB Gigabyte m.2 ssd and funnily enough, no more blue light of death!

Had a spare Samsung SSD sitting in a computer that I put in the PS5 and worked flawlessly. Now to try get my money back from Amazon/Gigabyte

I have a 2tb 530 in my disc PS5 and 2tb SN850 in my digital ps5. Both perform amazing and would recommend either. No noticeable differences or hiccups with either one.

CLW

So is there a consensus on the best 4TB drive? Internal is full now and I’m just gonna bite the bullet and max storage out bc I’m weird and can’t delete games off of my system

DenchDeckard

Moderated wildly
People buying 4tb nvme drives for a ps5…I’d just buy a sick pc lol

from a jealous man who wishes he could buy a 4tb nvme.

Last edited:
Top Bottom