• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Digital Foundry: Portal RTX Review

Not surprising that this video was pretty boring/lacking. There's only so much to say about Portal. Extremely short game with limited variability in its environments makes for a dull showcase. I look forward to the official release of the RTX Remix tools so people can do this kind of makeover for more interesting games.

Buggy Loop

DF took some really nice grabs of the game and really a good showcase for path tracing.

Can't believe there were guys in the portal RTX thread saying it looks the same as the raster version, holy shit.

Reactions: GHG
I played through Portal RTX on my gaming laptop. i7-11700h, RTX 3070 Laptop. Note that the laptop versions of RTX 3070 are slower than the desktop versions, the laptop version of 3070 has about the performance of a desktop 3060 Ti.

I used 1080p, DLSS Performance, Ultra settings on the ALT-X Remix menu. I was getting 40-50 fps throughout and it was perfectly fine as Portal isn't exactly a twitch shooter.

Yes, it looks just as amazing as in this video, but obviously at a much lower resolution than what DF could get with a 4090.

GHG

Gold Member
DF took some really nice grabs of the game and really a good showcase for path tracing.

Can't believe there were guys in the portal RTX thread saying it looks the same as the raster version, holy shit.

Unfortunately that's the "logic" and what people tell themselves when they think something is too demanding for their hardware.

Top Bottom