• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Digital Foundry Youtube Channel Hacked - Now Taken Down (Has been restored)

Holammer

Shame, channels that get hit by stuff like this get their status royally fucked up even when restored.
One guy I follow had his channel almost tank because of it as videos don't get properly shown to subscribers and it's impossible to trend.

That sucks, i hope they recover the channel soon, i like the videos :)
H9Nv3Tm.gif

tommib

Guys, it was me. I’m still triggered by these guys electing Cyberpunk 3080 as best graphics of 2020. I had to take it down. I’m sorry.

tommib

For me it’s not about which version is better than the other. I just like to know if the game runs okay on the system I own and if it has screen tearing. I refuse to buy any games with tearing. I hate it.
I haven’t seen screen tearing in a videogame in ages. 🤷🏻‍♂️

Guilty_AI

For me it’s not about which version is better than the other. I just like to know if the game runs okay on the system I own and if it has screen tearing. I refuse to buy any games with tearing. I hate it.
can't you just turn on v-sync, g-sync or whatever?

tommib

Wreckfest
AC Valhalla (performance mode)
Riders Republic
Far Cry 6
Guardians of the Galaxy (performance mode)
Alan Wake Remastered (XSX version)

To each their own. I refuse to buy games unless there's a mode that is tear-free.

Also, I'm not buying a new monitor any time soon to have Sony's HDMI 2.1 VRR
From that list I only played Wreckfest but not that much and don’t remember anything shocking.

From that list I only played Wreckfest but not that much and don’t remember anything shocking.
It tears more online and on certain tracks with a lot of cars turning around the same corner, but it doesn't matter how much it tears.. it still tears and I refuse to buy it. I almost bought it but then it was free on PS+ and I'm glad because it sucks.

Bragr

Banned
They are some of the most professional people in game journalism and got one of the best gaming channels on YouTube. Sure, maybe some videos or opinions don't hit home, but compared to all the other channels they are practically godlike.

You have to be such an ultimate baby to do this sort of rubbish. Jesus christ, what a fuck are we gonna watch now? IGN? Gamespot? Feminist Frequency? Jim Sterling? we are fucked.

McCheese

Oh no, how will I find out how good game X looks on a CRT running on a 3090ti I can't buy?

(I'm just salty they've not done any DF Retro stuff lately)

Last edited by a moderator:
They are some of the most professional people in game journalism and got one of the best gaming channels on YouTube. Sure, maybe some videos or opinions don't hit home, but compared to all the other channels they are practically godlike.

You have to be such an ultimate baby to do this sort of rubbish. Jesus christ, what a fuck are we gonna watch now? IGN? Gamespot? Feminist Frequency? Jim Sterling? we are fucked.
Their coverage has really gone down hill since the new generation started. They miss a lot of obvious things now. They completely glossed over the fact that the draw distances were improved in Days Gone on PS5 vs PS4 Pro and they only focused on resolution and frame rate.

They didn't mention the screen tearing in Guardians of the Galaxy, but at least the graph showed it.

zeorhymer

If a channel like this gets deleted and then restored, does it screw up with the algorithm or will it be put back the way it was?

RoadHazard

Gold Member
can't you just turn on v-sync, g-sync or whatever?

No, it's very rare that you can toggle v-sync on and off in console games.

PS5 doesn't support VRR yet, and even if it did most people don't have TVs that support it (even though it often sounds like it here).

So if a game is poorly optimized like Riders Republic you're either gonna deal with the tearing or not buy the game. I chose the latter, even though I loved Steep, because I find screen tearing unacceptable on a pretty powerful console in 2021.

Last edited:

MacReady13

Finally gamers will stop counting 1 frame rate drops and resolution percentages and will go back to discuss gameplay.
THANK YOU! I know they are a tech site but fuck me, this group has effectively ruined the gaming for a great many of us (IMO). Who really cares that right back in the distance where you aren't looking, that tree in the Series X version is a little sharper than the PS5 version? Or that the PS5 runs 1 extra frame better in this scene than the Series X? Play the fucking games you enjoy and focus on gameplay!

T-Cake

They changed the name to "space x" and posted a video about a presentation of tesla and spacex by elon, probably loaded with bitcoin scams all over it

Yeah, I got a live notification for this and clicked on it to see some video of a car drifting about. Switched off after a minute and thought nothing of it. Should have realised something was amiss as I don't subscribe to Space X channel.

Last edited:

LiquidMetal14

hide your water-based mammals
Man, I hope they come back up soon.

I started the FH5 PC video and had it open all day half way and refreshed it to see the page was down.

Top Bottom