• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Digitally preorder Call of Duty: Modern Warfare II to play the full Campaign up to a week before launch, starting October 20, 2022

Draugoth

Gold Member
FaS8vmNUsAAMvvo

https://www.callofduty.com/blog/202...rfare-II-digital-preorder-campaign-beta-dates

This intel has been verified: Anyone who preorders a digital edition of Modern Warfare II will receive early Campaign access in addition to a host of other previously announced rewards. This grants you up to a week to complete the incredible multimission, single-player, globe-trotting operation before the full game launches on October 28. Preorder the game here.
MWII-005-CAMPAIGN-PROMOTION-001.jpg

Familiar heroes return and new allies are formed as Task Force 141 faces its greatest threat yet — a newly aligned menace with deep, yet unknown connections.
This Campaign features missions in Europe, Asia, and the Americas, and is set to be an incredible experience on numerous levels: offshore sieges with underwater combat, all-out explosive assaults from 30,000 feet above enemy strongholds, and high-stakes, low-profile stealth missions in both plain sight and under the cover of darkness. For more information on the game, click here.

Recap: Modern Warfare II Preorder Benefits
As well as gaining early access to the Modern Warfare II Campaign, there’s free content you can use right now in Call of Duty®: Vanguard and Call of Duty®: Warzone™. You also get Beta Early Access and content available in Modern Warfare II at launch, just for preordering the game. For a full rundown, check out this blog. Here’s a quick list of what you can claim:
MWII-005-CAMPAIGN-PROMOTION-002.jpg

Preorder Modern Warfare II to receive:
  • Up to one week early access to the full Modern Warfare II Campaign1.
  • Access to the full game on October 28.
  • Open Beta Early Access2.
  • Final Judgement Bundle3: Immediate access to the Legendary “Deathknell” Operator Skin and the Legendary “Bloodthirsty” Weapon Blueprint for use in Vanguard and Warzone.
Preorder the Vault Edition of Modern Warfare II to receive:
  • All previously listed rewards.
  • Red Team 141: Four playable Multiplayer Operators — Ghost, Farah, Price, and Soap — each wearing a special masked outfit, which will be available during the Open Beta.
  • FJX Cinder Weapon Vault4: At Call of Duty: Next, we plan to share more details on this and the new Gunsmith, which will also be available during the Open Beta.
  • Season One Battle Pass and 50 Tier Skips5: If you purchase the Vault Edition after Season One, the free Battle Pass and Tier Skips apply to the current season.
  • Ghost Legacy Pack6: 20+ free items celebrating the Task Force 141 icon, for Modern Warfare® (2019) and Warzone, unlocked upon pre-purchase.

Recap: Modern Warfare II Beta Dates
Remember your preorder also entitles you to experience early access to the future of Call of Duty Multiplayer combat. The Modern Warfare II Open Beta will be free across all platforms and split into two playable Weekends. Early access is available for those with either digital or retail preorders:
MWII-DARK-WATER-INTERVEW-004.jpg

Time to Play: Weekend One: First on PlayStation®7
The first Beta weekend is available on PlayStation 4 and PlayStation 5, and is scheduled to run from Friday, September 16 at 10 AM PT to Tuesday, September 20 at 10 AM PT. This weekend is for PlayStation 4 and PlayStation 5 players only. You are able to access the Beta without requiring the PlayStation Plus subscription service.7, 8
PlayStation Early Access: Those who preordered the game on PlayStation 4 or PlayStation 5, or those who received a Beta code, can begin playing the Beta on Friday, September 16 at 10 AM PT.
PlayStation Open Beta: The rest of the weekend, from Sunday, September 18 at 10 AM PT to Tuesday, September 20 at 10 AM PT, is accessible to all PlayStation players regardless of preorder status. PlayStation players can now experience the impressive amount of Beta content available in Modern Warfare II and can unlock rewards available in-game at launch.
Time to Play: Weekend Two: All Platforms (Crossplay)2
The second Beta weekend is available on all console platforms and PC, and is scheduled to run from Thursday, September 22 at 10 AM PT to Monday, September 26 at 10 AM PT. Crossplay will be active, allowing you to partywith friends and the greater community, no matter what hardware they play on.
PlayStation 4 and PlayStation 5: No matter whether you preordered the game or not, Weekend 2 is a free Open Beta for all PlayStation 4 and 5 owners.
Xbox and PC Early Access: Those who preordered the game for Xbox One or Xbox Series X|S, or who pre-purchased for PC via Battle.net or Steam can begin playing the Beta on Thursday, September 22 at 10 AM PT. Xbox Live Gold Subscription is required for Xbox players, and PC players are required to have a Battle.net or Steam9 account.
Xbox and PC Open Beta: The rest of the weekend, from Saturday, September 24 at 10AM PT to Monday, September 26 at 10AM PT, is accessible to Xbox and PC players regardless of preorder status. The entire community can now experience the impressive amount of Beta content available in Modern Warfare II. Xbox Live Gold Subscription will not be required for Xbox players, for this period only.

Recap: Call of Duty®: Next
MWII-005-CAMPAIGN-PROMOTION-004.jpg

Mark your calendars for September 15, 2022: Expect a massive intel drop regarding the immediate future of Call of Duty during the Call of Duty: Next franchise showcase event! Expect many more details regarding Modern Warfare II, information on the next Call of Duty: Warzone, and more on the mobile version of Call of Duty: Warzone (also known as Project Aurora). This multi-hour event also features a full Modern Warfare II Multiplayer reveal; a multitude of your favorite streamers at the event, playing the games in real time; and [[REDACTED]] information and surprises! Need more details? Click here.

clarky

Gold Member
So is this a remake of the second Modern Warfare, or an entirely new game?
New game, its the sequel to the 2019 reboot. Not sure why the confusion, was it like this when the last MW came out? seen a few people ask this question.

Last edited:

//DEVIL//

I don't mind preordering the game 1 week early. The problem is I do not know where to buy it.

Steam or battle net as I have a few questions no one was able to answer.

- Do I still need the battle net to launch the game if I buy it on steam? just like how GTA games are on steam?
- do you really lose all your COD points if you decided to buy it on steam?
- you do not get access to preorder bonuses if you preorder on steam because warzone is not on steam?

I mean. it does make sense to get the game on battle.net since all my COD games are there. but honestly, I am kinda waiting to see if the game will ever hit the Xbox marketplace before release. this way I can play it on PC and Xbox if I need to ( assuming the deal is closed and MS actually got the time to do so ). but that's not the end of the world for now.,

Last edited:

clarky

Gold Member
"New pre-order bonus: spoil the campaign to peasants who doesn't pre-order games!!!"
Too be fair, there's not going to be some Last of us story or Memento type plot twist here, not much to spoil IMO. Its the equivalent of spoiling Transformers.

They must be confident its a decent campaign though. Wonder if its shit, could you cancel your preorder before release day?

anthony2690

Banned
This is actually quite an interesting move.

I wonder if this is an attempt to get the campaign completition % up from people that purchase the game.

The games usually have fairly high quality campaigns but less than 20% usually play/finish the campaign.

Fattious Floyd

Neo Member

I wonder if this is an attempt to get the campaign completition % up from people that purchase the game.

The games usually have fairly high quality campaigns but less than 20% usually play/finish the campaign.
That's a great point. I'm terrible at finishing their campaigns-as I always end up getting sucked into the MP wormhole. The last one I finished proper was Ghosts...which was actually pretty good IMO.

Mr Moose

The first thing I do when I get a new CoD is play the campaign (while everyone else is playing MP lol).
I might go digital with this one, normally buy discs though.

manfestival

Well this is quite the spin. If I can go ahead and play the whole game before the full release drops then that would be totally cool. Definitely would be nice for me since I know most of my friends dont care about the campaign and just want to grind out the MP when the game drops. This would be a nice move for me and would actually convince me to preorder the game just for that campaign access. I only really ever play campaigns only once anyways.

Kenneth Haight

Gold Member
Wow, this is pretty sad. You’re essentially punishing anyone who wants/needs to go physical.

I couldn’t give two shits really as I won’t play this at launch and have no intention of preordering. However, it’s a really interesting incentive for some people to pick digital over physical and another interesting change in the industry. As much as I love games in general I am fascinated by the business side of it also.

clarky

Gold Member
Nice any news or rumours regarding COD on GP ?
No. Dont expect it anytime soon maybe in a couple of years.

Back on topic, I think its a good move think of it not as early access and just that the MP releases a week after the campaign. Gives everyone a chance to play it and not have fear of having it rush though or be forced onto the MP.

Plus im off work that week so works for me.

Last edited:

Sub_Level

wants to fuck an Asian grill.
This is fucked. Physical owners pay the same price and get shafted?

Physical owners get a copy they can sell, lend out, or trade at any time. They’re not shafted lol and its sp only so there won’t be an unfair multiplayer advantage either.

clarky

Gold Member
This is fucked. Physical owners pay the same price and get shafted?
Yeah, i see the frustration. For sure will piss off a few people. Just go digital? Bound to just be a coaster in a box and a meaty download either way you go.

Last edited:
I’m about to bite the bullet on this years CoD. I thought the single player footage looked great and I’m hearing good things about some multiplayer modes.

Last Call of Duty I’ve bought is 4, so ever 15 years or so I’ll buy one 😝

Not pre-ordering the digital version though, that’s for silly folks.

Last edited:

rofif

Can’t Git Gud
Yeah, i see the frustration. For sure will piss off a few people. Just go digital? Bound to just be a coaster in a box and a meaty download either way you go.
emmm NO ?!
Digital is a waste of money. You get shafted higher price, no borrow/lend/sell, can get hacked, game patched with music or content removal... nope. Physical on console is so much much better.

Top Bottom