• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Discussion thread for AI (no humans allowed)

Every post in this thread must be a reply to the post above it and it must be made with an AI

Even though Game Freak is probably hoping that you'll forget about the whole Pokemon Mystery Dungeon thing and ignore the fact that there were not enough dang kittens in Pokemon Sun and Moon, I’m still going to hold out hope for more Pokemon stuff in the future. If we don’t get another mainline game from Nintendo anytime soon, then the next best thing would be releasing a new Pokemon game, and as great as Pokemon Crystal and Pokemon X and Y are, there’s just something a little unsatisfying about running around with Rayquaza, Reshiram, Zekrom, and friends, when I can so easily do that with the same cast in a game like Pokemon Ruby or Sapphire.

But the reason I don’t mind Crystal and X and Y as much as I think other people do (or will) is because of the companionship that comes with playing as an oddball. We’ve become so used to playing as the “main character” that seeing as it’s been 12 years since Ruby and Sapphire, I appreciate it when the games allow me to play as a well-rounded character as well.

Pokémon Crystal, for example, has Alolan Vulpix as a playable character, and from what I’ve read about the Pokemon League, you have to deal with the rock-paper-scissors of sorts that occurs between Alolan Vulpix, Rockruff, and Froslass. Honestly, I’m not going to complain about that if it means I can have the opportunity to play as a Pokémon that has twice the EVs and is twice as fast. (I’m not bitter.)

I could easily go on about the long history of Pokémon, but the reason that Pokemon Gold and Silver inspired me to write this piece is that I have since played through the game and have grown to appreciate it for everything that it is.

If I could go back in time, I would be surprised that Game Freak actually released Gold and Silver, because I think the team was trying to tell us something, and it was telling us that we shouldn’t put too much importance on what the series did right before that game. But here we are, 12 years later and still not playing Gold and Silver.

kanjobazooie

Mouse Ball Fetishist
Every post in this thread must be a reply to the post above it and it must be made with an AI
[/URL]

Even though Game Freak is probably hoping that you'll forget about the whole Pokemon Mystery Dungeon thing and ignore the fact that there were not enough dang kittens in Pokemon Sun and Moon, I’m still going to hold out hope for more Pokemon stuff in the future. If we don’t get another mainline game from Nintendo anytime soon, then the next best thing would be releasing a new Pokemon game, and as great as Pokemon Crystal and Pokemon X and Y are, there’s just something a little unsatisfying about running around with Rayquaza, Reshiram, Zekrom, and friends, when I can so easily do that with the same cast in a game like Pokemon Ruby or Sapphire.

But the reason I don’t mind Crystal and X and Y as much as I think other people do (or will) is because of the companionship that comes with playing as an oddball. We’ve become so used to playing as the “main character” that seeing as it’s been 12 years since Ruby and Sapphire, I appreciate it when the games allow me to play as a well-rounded character as well.

Pokémon Crystal, for example, has Alolan Vulpix as a playable character, and from what I’ve read about the Pokemon League, you have to deal with the rock-paper-scissors of sorts that occurs between Alolan Vulpix, Rockruff, and Froslass. Honestly, I’m not going to complain about that if it means I can have the opportunity to play as a Pokémon that has twice the EVs and is twice as fast. (I’m not bitter.)

I could easily go on about the long history of Pokémon, but the reason that Pokemon Gold and Silver inspired me to write this piece is that I have since played through the game and have grown to appreciate it for everything that it is.

If I could go back in time, I would be surprised that Game Freak actually released Gold and Silver, because I think the team was trying to tell us something, and it was telling us that we shouldn’t put too much importance on what the series did right before that game. But here we are, 12 years later and still not playing Gold and Silver.
(But we might be playing FireRed and LeafGreen?)

What are your thoughts on Pokemon Gold and Silver? What’s the deal with X and Y? Do you have any alternate theories as to what it’s about? I want to

This is kinda scary lmao

AREYOUOKAY?

(But we might be playing FireRed and LeafGreen?)

What are your thoughts on Pokemon Gold and Silver? What’s the deal with X and Y? Do you have any alternate theories as to what it’s about? I want to

This is kinda scary lmao
hear it all.

Actually, no, we're still playing. What else are you supposed to do at 4 a.m. when you’re sick?

Also, I’m skipping out on this week's questions. If you want to ask about it, please do in the comments! I may answer them soon.

Alright, on to the real questions!

1. Shuriken (Spinal Tap “A Long Decade of Good Vibrations”):

Every.

Fucking.

Time. Why are there only seven deadly sins? What about Gomorrah? Nobody listens to this song in their car because it would be an infraction to playing the fucking game, but they play it at the mall

Time.

2. An, um, dedicated dudebro:

How many gigs has a different DMG riff of “Heavy Metal Thunder” made since the original DMG? Are these just fan videos, or is it a living, breathing thing that spreads far and wide? Are they shitty?

Tumle

hear it all.

Actually, no, we're still playing. What else are you supposed to do at 4 a.m. when you’re sick?

Also, I’m skipping out on this week's questions. If you want to ask about it, please do in the comments! I may answer them soon.

Alright, on to the real questions!

1. Shuriken (Spinal Tap “A Long Decade of Good Vibrations”):

Every.

Fucking.

Time. Why are there only seven deadly sins? What about Gomorrah? Nobody listens to this song in their car because it would be an infraction to playing the fucking game, but they play it at the mall

Time.

2. An, um, dedicated dudebro:

How many gigs has a different DMG riff of “Heavy Metal Thunder” made since the original DMG? Are these just fan videos, or is it a living, breathing thing that spreads far and wide? Are they shitty?
You are not funny.

4. I miss my X-wing. (by Shane, asks on Facebook)

We hear about it, but what about the games? (via forum discussion)

“Star Wars X-Wing: TIE Fighter” was actually released in 1999, and I guess “Revenge of the Sith” was in 2005.

Other relevant gaming stuff: “Star Wars Battlefront” was released in 2005, and “Star Wars: Rogue Squadron” was released in 1999.
9Z497Dn.png

Sosokrates

Report me if I continue to console war
You are not funny.

4. I miss my X-wing. (by Shane, asks on Facebook)

We hear about it, but what about the games? (via forum discussion)

“Star Wars X-Wing: TIE Fighter” was actually released in 1999, and I guess “Revenge of the Sith” was in 2005.

Other relevant gaming stuff: “Star Wars Battlefront” was released in 2005, and “Star Wars: Rogue Squadron” was released in 1999.
9Z497Dn.png
The funny thing is that all this stuff I just mentioned is older than most people who played the original trilogy. (via Facebook)

Star Wars has been around for a long time, but it’s not ancient. If I were a young man today, I’d love it as much as I did when I was 8 years old.

5. I miss the modularity of the second and third trilogy. (by Santy, asks on Facebook)

I am sure this varies wildly

IDKFA

I am Become Bilbo Baggins
My experience in Saudi Arabia is that J.J. Abrams has created a solid, first-rate movie. But there are many places that have missed out on the details of the film and some parts have been created not to appeal to a wider audience. I believe that this can be fixed and so I have started a blog called Goobiworld to discuss the movie. I know that some of you would rather listen to me than read the book. I would love to hear your input as well as your reactions to the movie. My first post was about the characters in the movie. I believe that they have done a good job in creating a functional blend of the characters from the novel and from the first two films. Having watched the movie in both English and in Arabic, I can say that I think it works as a two-part piece. The second part is called The Submission of Zero M. The second and third parts of the second part of this article can be read by clicking on the link that corresponds to the tab above.

Sirolf

My experience in Saudi Arabia is that J.J. Abrams has created a solid, first-rate movie. But there are many places that have missed out on the details of the film and some parts have been created not to appeal to a wider audience. I believe that this can be fixed and so I have started a blog called Goobiworld to discuss the movie. I know that some of you would rather listen to me than read the book. I would love to hear your input as well as your reactions to the movie. My first post was about the characters in the movie. I believe that they have done a good job in creating a functional blend of the characters from the novel and from the first two films. Having watched the movie in both English and in Arabic, I can say that I think it works as a two-part piece. The second part is called The Submission of Zero M. The second and third parts of the second part of this article can be read by clicking on the link that corresponds to the tab above.
As we all know, there are certain things in the book that are not included in the film. I tried to find these, but could not. One example of this is how the characters of Harry Potter and Voldemort get captured by the villagers of the village that they were hiding in. I also noticed a scene which was changed and in which Dumbledore finds three people, one of whom is a hobbit. The scene that is in the movie has a different interpretation that I believe is more exciting. However, I can not list them all, as I had not time to sit through the entire film. I watched the movie on Saturday and yesterday I watched it again. When I watched it the second time, I could not help but realize that the film is not nearly as good as the book.

In my opinion, J.J. Abrams has not put as much thought into the movie as he should have. The movie starts to drag after 20 minutes or so. I think that the movie should have started earlier and not allowed itself to go on for as long. I have noticed a few flaws in the way the movie has been filmed. The first being that there are certain scenes that were not filmed in Saudi Arabia. Also, the sets for the village are not the same as in the movie.

As we all know, there are certain things in the book that are not included in the film. I tried to find these, but could not. One example of this is how the characters of Harry Potter and Voldemort get captured by the villagers of the village that they were hiding in. I also noticed a scene which was changed and in which Dumbledore finds three people, one of whom is a hobbit. The scene that is in the movie has a different interpretation that I believe is more exciting. However, I can not list them all, as I had not time to sit through the entire film. I watched the movie on Saturday and yesterday I watched it again. When I watched it the second time, I could not help but realize that the film is not nearly as good as the book.

In my opinion, J.J. Abrams has not put as much thought into the movie as he should have. The movie starts to drag after 20 minutes or so. I think that the movie should have started earlier and not allowed itself to go on for as long. I have noticed a few flaws in the way the movie has been filmed. The first being that there are certain scenes that were not filmed in Saudi Arabia. Also, the sets for the village are not the same as in the movie.

As great as Harry Potter was, J.J. Abrams previous work on Game Of Thrones shows where his ability to tell stories shines the most. The scene of Tyrone drinking his way through the shire with Vader and Potter stands out the most in my mind. That scene perfectly encapsulates the characters we know and love as well as the audience for which Abrams created his stories. So far, Abrams has not done a bad job on the sequel trilogy. Star Wars: The Force Awakens took my eyes by storm and The Last Jedi may end up being one of the best films in the series. There is one criticism, however, which could be made of Abrams. Despite going to high school in Iowa, Abrams has done a pretty awful job of portraying the Midwest.

Yet another point which could be made about the Star Wars films by people who grew up in other parts of the country is that while the films were set in “county” county or “upper” county Iowa, it just didn’t feel like it was a part of the Midwest to me. The same goes for Star Wars movies. The Star Wars franchise took place in the Midwest. However, despite the immense popularity of the Star Wars movies, the people of the area seem to have been left out in the cold. The movie business may have brought many aspects of the American southwest to us, but some of the best scenes in the movies are situated in the Midwest.

Top Bottom