• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Disgaea 6 Complete announced for PS5, PS4, and PC

Bullet Club

Disgaea 6 Complete announced for PS5, PS4, and PC​

Due out this summer.

wbka7s9.jpg

Nippon Ichi Software and NIS America have announced Disgaea 6 Complete for PlayStation 5, PlayStation 4, and PC (Steam). The PlayStation 5 version will launch on June 16 in Japan for 6,980 yen (7,676 yen with tax), followed by all three versions this summer in North America, Europe, and Australia.

Disgaea 6 Complete includes all the character and cosmetic downloadable content that followed the release of the original Disgaea 6: Defiance of Destiny, and is the first Disgaea game to appear on PlayStation 5.

Disgaea 6: Defiance of Destiny first launched for PlayStation 4 and Switch on January 28, 2021 in Japan, and for Switch on June 29, 2021 worldwide. The PlayStation 4 version was never released in the west.

In North America, pre-orders for a limited edition are now available for PlayStation 5 and PlayStation 4 for $109.99, which includes a copy of the Deluxe Edition game, hadrcover art book, two-disc soundtrack, SteelBook, cloth poster, four art cards, and a collector’s box.

In Japan, pre-orders for a Nippon1.jp Shop-exclusive limited edition are now available for 10,000 yen (11,000 yen with tax), which includes a copy of the game, Bieko nanoblock building block, and Disgaea series art book and special bookcase.

Here is an overview of Disgaea 6 Compelte, via NIS America:

About
Zed is a boastful zombie who wallows on the lowest rung on the Netherworld ladder alongside his sister Bieko. When a God of Destruction threatens their way of (un)life, Zed must harness his unique ability of Super Reincarnation to stand against the approaching menace. Along the way, he will unite with twisted and colorful denizens of the Netherworld, face challenges around and within, and see if even an undying hooligan like himself can defy the odds!

Disgaea 6: Defiance of Destiny unites a grim yet touching story with insane tactical combat, while introducing gameplay elements never before seen in previous installments. As a result, new and returning players alike can craft a truly memorable and unique journey through the Netherworld. Bring the pain in battle with special attacks and support from a plethora of ally units. Customizable settings such as Auto, Retry, and Replay allow both hardcore and casual players to fight their own way. And should things take a terrible turn, use Super Reincarnation to rejoin the fight and keep trying until you succeed. This truly is a Netherworld fit for everyone!

Key Features
  • From Grave to Glory – Join Zed in his quest to rise above his lowly status and challenge a God of Destruction. Along the way, meet zany characters, explore chaotic new worlds, and discover the power of sibling bonds and determination.
  • Undying and Unstoppable – Experience over-the-top tactical combat, complete with insane special attacks and a wide variety of allies to choose from. And when things get too hairy, use Super Reincarnation to keep trying until you succeed!
  • A Netherworld for Everyone – With customizable gameplay features such as Autoplay and Demon Intelligence, both new and returning players can forge a HL-raising experience that fits their lifestyle. Diving into Disgaea has never been easier! Additionally, Disgaea 6 Complete includes new recolor downloadable content as well as all previously released character and cosmetic downloadable content.
Watch the announcement trailer below. View a set of screenshots at the gallery. Visit the official website here.

Source: Gematsu

MudoSkills

Volcano High Alumnus (Cum Laude)
It always seemed insane to me that they didn't release this on PS4 in the west given that it had already been localised for the Switch release. I'll definitely pick this up.

Reactions: Isa

Isa

Gold Member
Its about time. I have it on Switch but was holding out for a PS release since that's where I obviously own them all. And knowing that it was already out in Japan on PS makes it seem like they were trying to get double dippers. And while I too like the 2D art, I don't think the 3D stuff is bad.

Bwesh

Not heard many good things about this one, but I'm all for some crazy disgaea damage numbers. Will get this on PC.

I was happy when I saw the announcement earlier as the performance on Switch was far from what it should have been even though it's hardly essential with this type of game but it's still going to be better without those issues. Will likely buy it again now that the 12 month Nintendo contract is over and also because it could well be the last release in the series if what Nippon Ichi has said previously is still true.
Although it's certainly not the best in the series, there was a real feeing of them trying a little too hard to over streamline the game systems a little too much for my liking but I only say that as somebody who has spent far too much time with these games and this is certainly not a bad game in any way and I still highly recommend it to people...who have time to spare.

ANDS

King of Gaslighting
The reviews for this really bummed me out because - and I seem to be in the minority - I liked the art change and them trying to do something different. I doubt this complete collection will fix any of the issues folks had with the game though which is a shame.

. . .honestly we just need to get the entire series on PC.

Last edited:
Yes!

I started this on Switch, but realized what I like about Disgaea is the platinum trophy grind.

Disgaea, to me, is 90% about the post-game. But, for whatever reason, without a big enough carrot, I can't get into it. As a trophy grind, they're a lot of fun.

I still wish they'd change the franchise up a bit more and actually make a story worth paying attention to for all those hours of dialog.

manfestival

Yes. Don't rely too much on autobattle, it'll ruin the game for you
ewwww autobattle? big sigh.... I have played all of the other Disgaea games but didn't get to this one because it was on the switch. Was immediately interested in this for PC but that is just disappointing to hear. also real shame about what they did to the art in this. Will probably buy but when it goes on sale

Shai-Tan

Banned
has it evolved much since like Disgaea 3? That's the last entry I played and I got bored of that well before I finished.

Valonquar

I can't not buy a Disgaea game on PS. Was sort of mad when 6 was announced as a Switch exclusive, so glad it was just a timed thing.

ethomaz

Banned
I always tried to like the series as a substitute of FFT, Vandal Hearts, Ogre Battle, etc but it never clicked me :(
I have still to finish the version launched to Vita (I believe it is 5).

Last edited:

Bullet Club

How does one defeat a God of Destruction? Great question, dood! In our newest trailer, we cover everything you need to know, including the basics of combat, how the Dark Assembly works, diving into the Item World, and more!

Disgaea 6 Complete comes out on June 28, 2022 for PS5, PS4, and PC!

manfestival

So how does this game compare to the previous titles? Especially when it comes to story? I really liked the story of 5(probably 2nd best), 4 was fun, 3/2 were meh, and 1 was the best of the mainline story for me.

SkylineRKR

I always tried to like the series as a substitute of FFT, Vandal Hearts, Ogre Battle, etc but it never clicked me :(
I have still to finish the version launched to Vita (I believe it is 5).

Its not you. I loved FFT, FM3, Tactics Ogre to bits. Bit Disgaea, no. I bought 3 way back on PS3, didn't like it at all. Its also the art direction I dislike.

Graciaus

Its not you. I loved FFT, FM3, Tactics Ogre to bits. Bit Disgaea, no. I bought 3 way back on PS3, didn't like it at all. Its also the art direction I dislike.
3 is the worst in the series. But these aren't really traditional SRPGs they are more grinding games. Eventually you kill or are killed in one hit. Reincarnating and leveling up items is the real meat of the game for bigger and bigger numbers. It's not for everyone.

Was the only Disgaea game i disliked. Was really crazy as I was in media blackout and just seen it release and bought it, like i did every disgaea game since I found the series with d3 on ps3 in 2008.

The game lost its charm due to decisions . You don't feel progression. They make everyone a higher level and hit points are in the 1000s. instead of normal low numbers and starting from 1.
Its like they listened to a few insane min maxers and went with their idea of "999999999" numbers are cool dude...

Sorry I get what they were going for, but I don't like it.

Disgaea 4 and 5 were the best along with best graphics.
Disgaea 1 and 2 have the best stories. D1 has a switch/ps4 remake, D2 is the only one stuck on ps2/psp.
Disgaea 3 is the most unique and cool puzzle blocks, although its in SD, have it on vita and ps3.

I really hope they go back to form after this and don't end the series off of one blunder.
Maybe I am wrong, maybe people liked it and maybe its hot in Japan? I think it sucked and have no desire to play it.

Mercador

So how does this game compare to the previous titles? Especially when it comes to story? I really liked the story of 5(probably 2nd best), 4 was fun, 3/2 were meh, and 1 was the best of the mainline story for me.
The worst I've played. Automated play ruined it. They should allow it, but only once you have completed a level. Performance was all over the place, it will be better on those platforms. Still, when I have a Disgaea itch, I go 5.

teezzy

Banned
So what’s the issue?

Stop port begging. Blame Microsoft investments and presence fir Japan. Not the developers who know what platforms their games have consecutively sold on.

I just wanna play the game in my living room on my Xbox and not in my home office on PC.

Xbox is slowly but surely getting more JRPG support.

Also, again, stfu.

Y0ssarian

Banned
I've actually been playing this more on Switch recently. I take back whatever I said earlier. It's a really good game

nocsi

I just wanna play the game in my living room on my Xbox and not in my home office on PC.

Xbox is slowly but surely getting more JRPG support.

Also, again, stfu.
Have you tried getting a steam deck? It’s a portable game console that you can install steam games on. You can hook it up to your living room tv

Top Bottom