• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Disintegration - Launch Trailer

IbizaPocholo

NeoGAFs Kent Brockman

From the co-creator of Halo, Marcus Lehto leads a small independent team to create Disintegration. Experience Romer Shoal’s story to save what’s left of humanity in the single-player campaign or jump into fast-paced competitive multiplayer.

Available June 16 on PlayStation 4, Xbox One, and Steam.

VN1X

Banned
Kind of hated the multiplayer demo but still curious about the singleplayer side of things. I think it's a neat concept and one that will probably work a lot better in a singleplayer setting.

Really impressed by the production values on this btw. At least the trailer seems to imply so and that they have a meaty story to offer as well. Neat!

Last edited:

Honjo

Banned
Generic Destiny/Anthem clone spotted. I literally wouldn't have known the difference if someone said it was either of those games.

Jigsaah

Gold Member
Hmmm...didn't really move me. I'm willing to give it a shot though. I just don't think I have much of an appetite for clearly current gen games. Especially won't after tomorrow. The release strategy on this seems...strange.

Like why now? Maybe because not much else is coming out. Oh wait that's right, TLOU2 drops 3 days later.

Strange choices.

VGC gave it 3 out of 5 stars

DISINTEGRATION IS A DECENT STAB AT A NEW KIND OF SCI-FI SHOOTER BUT HALO CO-CREATOR’S FPS/RTS HYBRID DOESN’T QUITE STICK THE LANDING.

High expectations are inevitable when you’re dealing with a new sci-fi shooter from the co-creator of Halo. It’s for the best then that V1 Interactive’s debut avoids direct comparisons by offering something different to the familiar FPS templates.

While we’ll have to wait for servers to go live at launch to experience the full PvP multiplayer component – and we’ll update this review once they do – extensive pre-launch play via the beta and pre-release versions reveals many of the same mechanical issues as the single-player campaign, albeit with welcome customization options for your crew.

There’s real potential for chaos once you drop into 5v5 matches with all the AI-controlled characters on one map. But with no progression system like most modern multiplayer shooters, we’ll have to see whether players will truly embrace it in the long term.

Ultimately, Disintegration’s main focus is its campaign and a new sci-fi universe that has the potential to grow into an ambitious new IP. Those looking for a more solid FPS might want to look elsewhere, but it’s otherwise a fine alternative to the team shooter, where you can have the camaraderie without the people.

Far from perfect, Disintegration is nonetheless a decent stab at creating a different kind of sci-fi shooter.
  • An intriguing premise and likeable characters
  • Good variety of environments and missions
  • Progression system and unlockables makes campaign replayable
  • FPS and RTS elements don’t always come together
  • Gravcycle can be annoying to manoeuvre

Romulus

I kinda wanted to be pulled into the story but it just fell apart in that trailer, typical human and machine story.

VN1X

Banned
Damn I was mildly interested in this but it seems like it sucks.

Just saw the ACG review. He rated it a "never touch" and it honestly looks quite bad

Welp, never mind then! :messenger_grinning_sweat:

Seem they really messed up the realism of the level design and I hate that in games (especially when everything's out of whack in terms of proportions). Will maybe get it on the cheap a few years down the line.

Last edited:

MiguelItUp

Gold Member
Man this really feels like it just kind of fell in our laps. I remember reading some pretty not so good things about the beta. Guess with the look of these reviews it really didn't improve so much. That's a shame. Has anyone played it at all and enjoyed what they checked out?

Thabass

Gold Member
Hope y'all who get it enjoy it. I help moderate their Discord and we're all excited for the release.

For those that may not know, the Steam version is out at 7pm ET / 4pm PT. :)

Last edited:

Ascend

I just saw the trailer for the first time on YouTube. The trailer was really good. Too bad the reviews don't look that great... I might still pick it up down the line, but I'm holding off for now.

D.Final

Banned

From the co-creator of Halo, Marcus Lehto leads a small independent team to create Disintegration. Experience Romer Shoal’s story to save what’s left of humanity in the single-player campaign or jump into fast-paced competitive multiplayer.

Available June 16 on PlayStation 4, Xbox One, and Steam.

Is in my backlog

Top Bottom