• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Disney Plus hits 94.9 million subscribers, beating its four-year goal in 14 months

StreetsofBeige

Gold Member
If I dont care about Star Wars, cartoons and Marvel, what's the other key stuff on Disney+?

Off the top of my head, I would like all the Nat Geo stuff (big fan of Planet Earth kinds of content).

Shubh_C63

I may have read the wrong news because I am positive I read that investors were worried as Disney+ subs was showing flat progress.
From 2021 so this is good news. I actually liked Boba fett too.

mxbison

Well, people like Marvel and Star Wars.

As someone who doesn't care much about those, I think the content is pretty bad (aside from all the old stuff).

Zeroing

Banned
To this day, I'm surprised Disney isn't richer than they currently are. I would have thought they were close to being a trillion dollar company by now.
They aren’t richer because they spend money buying almost everything! Actually I’m surprised they aren’t buying more stuff!

TonyK

I'm subscribed because it's A LOT cheaper than Netflix, but if the price was the same as Netflix I will quit for sure, not enough new content to justify more than 10€ monthly.

RoboFu

One of the green rats
I get alot of use out of Disney+ as well as HBOmax. But the disney+ was froma special verison deal which adds it into your monthly phone bill. so i imagine alot of people have it through deals like that.

Boss Mog

I can say there's a good chance that their numbers are inflated. Where I live many of the service providers included a year of Disney+ for free, I got a free year and so did some of my family and friends so you gotta wonder if they count all these freebies as subs to boost their count. I read Disney+ was going to have exclusive Kdramas and when their first one "Rookie Cops" came out, I looked for it but it was only in Korea; that's pretty lame as Netflix mostly releases content at the same time worldwide. The only thing I watched on Disney+ was Loki and it was just okay for me, I don't see myself subbing once my freebie ends.

kraspkibble

Permabanned.
I'm subscribed because it's A LOT cheaper than Netflix, but if the price was the same as Netflix I will quit for sure, not enough new content to justify more than 10€ monthly.
it might be cheaper than netflix but for me there's nothing to watch on Disney+. i've subbed to watch some Star Wars shit but once i watch that i'm thinking wtf can i watch next. Marvel is a huge selling point for it but that doesn't interest me.

Netflix is expensive but i can at least justify it because there's stuff I want to watch. No doubt Disney will hike their prices but until they get more content worth watching i'm not subbing. I'm waiting for the Obi Wan tv show and Mandalorian before joining again but that's only 2 months. Gonna need more Star Wars or Pixar movies.

Last edited:
Top Bottom