• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Divinity: Original Sin 2 out on iPad

Just noticed this and didn't see a thread. Sounds like it has full touch controls as well as controller support.

I know people have a mixed opinion on this game around here but to me it's one of the best CRPGs ever and with some of the best music in gaming. There's a Switch version but I'm tempted to triple dip this if it runs ok on my iPad.

Looks like Pro versions only or iPad Air (2020).

I found a list here.

Supported devices:
  • iPad Pro 11 (2021)
  • iPad Pro 12.9 (2021)
  • iPad Air (2020)
  • iPad Pro 11 (2020)
  • iPad Pro 12.9 (2020)
  • iPad Pro 11 (2018)
  • iPad Pro 12.9 (2018)

Last edited:

Daymos

Nice to have the option. I'm a JRPG guy but I've gotten so interested in baldurs gate 3 that I'm trying to learn classic/overhead view WRPGs too.

Divinity2 is one of the top games I want to play, I'm deep into the original baldurs gate saga so far though.. then I'll work my way into divinity 1 & 2. I also want to play through neverwinter nights and pillars of eternity 1 & 2.

I'm absolutely addicted to baldurs gate. Beat the first game once with a paladin, rolled a 100 for a bard messing around and now I'm almost done with game again. Taking this bard (skald) through siege of dragonspear & BG2 as well.

dottme

I’m just starting with it. They really made a good job to adapt the control. And with the quick save feature, it’s a joy to quickly start, play a little and come back.
i havent played enough to comment on the game itself.

Yo wtf, have iPads become so goddamn powerful that it is a literal mini pc on the go that is capable of playing DOS2?

GIF by Aminé

Yo wtf, have iPads become so goddamn powerful that it is a literal mini pc on the go that is capable of playing DOS2?

GIF by Aminé
i just got the new iPad Pro that came out today. yeah, in reviews one of the most common complaints is that the hardware is too powerful that the OS is holding it back.

these iPads have the Apple M1 chip in them and they are stupid powerful. You can get an iPad with 16GB RAM now and up to 2TB storage which is about what the average PC gamer has in their system! iPad Pros are basically the same specs as a MacBook Air or even MacBook Pro (13") at least according to the benchmarks. the only difference being that the iPad is a tablet, uses touch screen, and runs iPadOS and now MacOS. there is rumours that Apple will allow MacOS apps to run on iPad soon or at the least beef up iPadOS to make the most of the hardware.

Wait a minute. . .you can use the PS5 Dual Shock natively on iPad?!
yup as of a recent update (14.5 i believe) and Apple has even started selling PS5 controllers in their stores! also the new Xbox controller is supported (not sure if Apple sells them)

Last edited:
i just got the new iPad Pro that came out today. yeah, in reviews one of the most common complaints is that the hardware is too powerful that the OS is holding it back.

these iPads have the Apple M1 chip in them and they are stupid powerful. You can get an iPad with 16GB RAM now and up to 2TB storage which is about what the average PC gamer has in their system! iPad Pros are basically the same specs as a MacBook Air or even MacBook Pro (13") at least according to the benchmarks. the only difference being that the iPad is a tablet, uses touch screen, and runs iPadOS and now MacOS. there is rumours that Apple will allow MacOS apps to run on iPad soon or at the least beef up iPadOS to make the most of the hardware.

Yup, that's it. Apple is joining the console market - but they're going after the Switch market share.

I'm dying on that hill from this day onwards.

No way that they're putting in this much work on the iPad without an endgame of having a bite of that gaming apple, and most certainly going to compete against than the Switch with portability factor and hardware power.

Yup, that's it. Apple is joining the console market - but they're going after the Switch market share.

I'm dying on that hill from this day onwards.

No way that they're putting in this much work on the iPad without an endgame of having a bite of that gaming apple, and most certainly going to compete against than the Switch with portability factor and hardware power.
i'm a PC gamer that spend thousands on my system and like i just said i bought that iPad today. i know it won't have anywhere near the same selection as on PC but i'm already playing games like Genshin, LoL, Gwent, Football Manager, etc on my iPhone and wanted a good tablet for some gaming.

you know i did think Apple's plan was to blur the line between the iPad + MacBook but yeah i think maybe they are positioning themselves to enter the gaming market in a serious way. this is an ipad that could theoritically run anything that a MacBook/iMac can run so that puts them well above any other kind of mobile device out there even the Switch. it also seemed a bit strange that Apple started selling PS5 controllers but it might be a sign of things to come.

I admire the resolve and stamina of whoever powers through DOS2 on a tablet.
why?

you can easily connect a PS/Xbox controller and just use that. you don't need touch controls. the ipad is powerful enough to run the game and if you're using a controller it's just gonna be the same as playing it on a console.

Last edited:

Spukc

always chasing the next thrill

yup as of a recent update (14.5 i believe) and Apple has even started selling PS5 controllers in their stores! also the new Xbox controller is supported (not sure if Apple sells them)
Yeah i have the 2018 ipad pro.
And i am still waiting for something to push that hardware

daveonezero

Banned
I'd rather play on Switch but I imagine this game will do well on mobile.
I have the switch version.
It’s ugly. I usually don’t mind much but I like playing the original on my midrange gaming laptop more. It was just better visually.

mid imagine this is a bit better.

jshackles

Gentlemen, we can rebuild it. We have the capability to make the world's first enhanced store. Steam will be that store. Better than it was before.
Neat, currently playing through this with my son on the PS4 and having a grand time

Top Bottom