• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

DIY : Everything you need for a custom retro PS5 'inlay'.

AGRacing

First : Apologies for the layout of the thread as I don't create them often.

I've seen people selling 'laser cut' inlays for the PS5 logo cutout in the removable panel. I decided to DIY it with a photo printer and some photo paper. It should look like this when finished :
JDroqIo.jpg

I attached below (1.jpg) a customized version of the retro PlayStation logo. Download it. Yes it looks ridiculous - I just overshot some colors to make it easier to place when you're taping it in.

G5dsriT.jpg

Use the free app (available in windows store) " irfanview " to open and print the image using the exact size specs as seen in the screenshot I took.
For best results - Click "Printer setup" and select Photo printing, best quality etc - and USE PHOTOPAPER for a proper gloss finish inside.
zq0GVHH.jpg

Once printed - cut roughly as shown :
pWbGpcE.jpg

Then place it inside the removed panel - eyeball lining it up on the other side. Tape it with some harmless scotch tape.

iud2Sg2.jpg

You're done!!! Enjoy the look!

Opa54Ji.jpg

Last edited:

D.Final

Banned
First : Apologies for the layout of the thread as I don't create them often.

I've seen people selling 'laser cut' inlays for the PS5 logo cutout in the removable panel. I decided to DIY it with a photo printer and some photo paper. It should look like this when finished :
JDroqIo.jpg

I attached below (1.jpg) a customized version of the retro PlayStation logo. Download it. Yes it looks ridiculous - I just overshot some colors to make it easier to place when you're taping it in.

G5dsriT.jpg

Use the free app (available in windows store) " irfanview " to open and print the image using the exact size specs as seen in the screenshot I took.
For best results - Click "Printer setup" and select Photo printing, best quality etc - and USE PHOTOPAPER for a proper gloss finish inside.
zq0GVHH.jpg

Once printed - cut roughly as shown :
pWbGpcE.jpg

Then place it inside the removed panel - eyeball lining it up on the other side. Tape it with some harmless scotch tape.

iud2Sg2.jpg

You're done!!! Enjoy the look!

Opa54Ji.jpg

Or maybe you can use the pastels

Top Bottom