• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Do guys really shower naked in American schools/colleges?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Burai

shitonmychest57
Solstice said:
2rfv6zp.gif

Perfect.

What's the big deal, how insecure do you have to be to not want to shower in front of other people. Have you also never gone nude swimming or anything? Deal with it.

TL4E

wmat said:
Just don't look at other dongs! It's commonly thought of as being the right way to handle public showering. When nobody looks at other dongs, it's all good. It's just like it is with urinals.
Yeah right, we all know that at least 50% of the men make active attempts to check out the package of their Darwinian rivals.

Indeed I'd bet that the % of men who commonly peek at a guy's dong next to his urinal is pretty high.

KtSlime

wmat said:
Just don't look at other dongs! It's commonly thought of as being the right way to handle public showering. When nobody looks at other dongs, it's all good. It's just like it is with urinals.
Exactly, and if you catch someone staring at yours a little too long, ask him if he likes what he sees (or call him a fag, if your into the whle name calling thing).

Public showering isn't something to get worked up about, I do it whenever I go to the gym/pool.

toxicgonzo

Taxes?! Isn't this the line for Metallica?
High school had open showers for men (women had partitions). In college, there were separate stalls.

Your mileage may vary.

El Sloth

Banned
The gym on my schools campus has a communal shower in the locker room, but the only people that ever use it seem to be the sports teams.

Viewt

Oh yeah, all the time. And honestly, something only slipped in like two or three times. It was hardly a thing.

cashman

Banned
We have to shower in the morning for baseball. This year though my team has gotten into the habit of showering after games too. Crazy shit happens when we don't have time constraints.

beatbeat

Banned
I do shower naked,and i dry and change myself in front of my fellow students,i think it would be an issue if i were fat,or insecure of the way i look,but since i'm not i don't care! :lol

Wads

Banned
In college, one of my dorms was communal. The shower had 4 places to take a shower and each of them was curtained off so you never saw each other except for legs.

High schools usually have a big communal shower for everyone. Its not a big deal and the only people that ever made a big deal with it were just uncomfortable with their sexuality/junk :lol

nib95

Banned
I never shower naked, mainly for modesty/religious reasons. But I have in the past. Even if I was ripped I still wouldn't. And for the record, my package is above average lol.

Tbh, I'd just feel uncomfortable with naked guys all around me. And unusual as it may sound, I'd be uncomfortable (not as obviously) with naked women all around me as well. I don't need to see it flaunted all around me to have to prove I'm comfortable with my sexuality or anything similar. To me it's just distasteful and crude, though I have no qualms with people who do, do it.

Door2Dawn

Banned
Showered naked every chance I got when I was in high school. I would do this funky dance where I would shake my ass with one leg in the air, I had so much fun.

The other guys didn't like it though :/

It's curious that, for the most part, marketing has imbued a large section of advertising with an undercurrent of sexuality - so much so that it invades many sections of consumer society.

But when it comes to 'PANTS OFF!', many people freak out. Not sure if that's some sort of religious echoing or the conflicted dichotomy of seeming like a society wrapped up in all things sexual, but the notion of nakedness in the presence of others is deemed to be something its not.

Just remember to pull the skin back, lest one accumulates cheese. That is, if one hasn't been clipped.

McNei1y

My freshman year dorm rooms were set up like "suites". Two dorm roomes were shared by a bathroom. To get to the other dorm room you would have to cross the bathroom. The bathroom had a shower and a toilet. You would have to cover up both with a shower sheet or else you would be in the open.

shintoki

sparkle this bitch
Only time I had access to the showers was swimming, which I showered with my trunks on since I need to get the chlorine off them too. College and Gym have the communal. College has open while Gym has partitions and I use them both.

C4Lukins

Yeah it is very common in the US. Luckily I made it through high school without ever having to experience it.

madara

Yeah it surely was in the 80s and early nineties when I grew up. You started in the 5th grade, even sooner if you did swimming and other sports that is was just normal by high school. The only situations in the locker room or shower I can remember having issues with is when they bring a child of the opposite sex in I remember waiting for them to leave it was just plain weirdness though I understand they didnt have alot options.

beatbeat said:
I do shower naked,and i dry and change myself in front of my fellow students,i think it would be an issue if i were fat,or insecure of the way i look,but since i'm not i don't care! :lol

I'm a tubby, hairy, stumpy-dicked, shameless kinda-guy. I used to walk around the locker room butt-ass naked all the time.

tirminyl

I had swimming in middle and high-school so yeah, I showered in the nude. I can't remember anyone ever wearing shorts or anything in the shower. It was a communal shower as well.

Also, I have showered at work after working out so I saw my fellow co-workers and buddies naked and they saw me. I never thought it was a big deal and it makes no sense to me to shower with shorts or underwear on.

What I do have a problem with is urinals with no divider between them.

yep, in Holland too.. it's normal. Though if you don't want to you can keep your shorts on (muslims do this) and you can shower at home if you want. That will be associated with smallusdickus though.

Meier

Middle school had no dividers so I simply never showered. Too uncomfortable. High school, you only had to take PE for 1 year so we did 2 "semesters" worth during summer school (full days) and got it out of the way so I didn't shower then either.

FLEABttn

Banned
Never did it at my schools.

-Middle school had no dividers, but nobody used them.
-High school had no dividers and there were 4 or 5 separate bays of showers, 4 shower heads each. Maybe the football team used them, but PE sure as hell didn't.
-College showers were divided by walls and each had a curtain. They were private, aside from you were showering in an open room with other people. Nobody saw you but it was awkward for like the first week.

mollipen

Both my junior high and high school had the communal showers, and you were pretty much expected to use them every time you had gym class. Not the worst part of my school life, but pretty high up there. *laughs*

Tieno

Same in Belgium, lots of opportunities to shower together.

Go to japan, to onsens (bath houses), great stuff and it's a great way to boost your confidence.

Had them in middle school but hardly anyone used them, and when someone did, they'd keep their shorts on. Class after gym reeked of shoes, stale sweat, and Brut. I don't really remember when I learned about hygiene and not stinking in public, but it wasn't in middle school.

entrement said:
How else are you going to shower? With boxers on?

When there's only a plastic curtain between you and every other person who enters the bathroom, fuck yeah I wear boxers. This was at my college, by the way.

DoomGyver

At high school I had the group showers, you either showered after swimming and got pee'd on or you went all day smelling like chlorine. So I learned to pee back.

Snuggles

erotic butter maelstrom
I worked at a health club and I was exposed to like, 12 naked male penises every day. It was a disturbing experience but I grew numb to it after awhile.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom