• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Do guys really shower naked in American schools/colleges?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Dipindots said:
Different schools, different respect for other players I guess.

Now, i don't doubt that you played football in high school. But c'mon. Everyone made fun of everyone on a high school football team. You are fucking delusional if you argue against that. Most the time its just playful and innocent, and rarely its malicious insults generated by anger, then you just forget about it. I will never believe your team never insulted one another out of "respect." Get fucking real dude

dofry

That's "Dr." dofry to you.
zoukka said:
And if there's a sauna in your gym/swimming house, it feels so fucking nice after a good exercise.

*high five*
(After you read this line you will repeat the words above with Borat voice)

jaxword

goldlion054 said:
Now, i don't doubt that you played football in high school. But c'mon. Everyone made fun of everyone on a high school football team. You are fucking delusional if you argue against that. Most the time its just playful and innocent, and rarely its malicious insults generated by anger, then you just forget about it. I will never believe your team never insulted one another out of "respect." Get fucking real dude

Actually, it was a combo of both. I used to rag on my high school teammates just as much as they did to me, it was just guys being guys. However, there were a few guys on the team that had...differences. To illustrate, it came out one of the guys was gay about 1/2 of the way through senior year. All good, except 2 of the guys, brothers, and really spiteful ones at that.

Now, they wouldn't do things that were blatant, but were subtle. They would tackle him a bit harder than the others, or would sneer at him whenever he entered the room, or would obviously stop talking if he entered, just deliberately making him feel unwelcome.

Coach would've gotten mad if there were any REAL evidence (like, say, beating him up) but they were clever about it. One thing they often did, but were never caught, was move his equipment to a different locker whenever they could. Not steal, just move. A minor thing, but it meant he was always just the smallest bit late every time while he gathered his stuff. Or tied his cleats' laces together. Stupid, petty stuff.

Again, nothing blatantly catchable, but small, malicious things that just made Kevin's day a little worse every time.

RiccochetJ

Gold Member
brianjones said:
when i used to go to the gym i would just wait till i was home before showering.. why is it imperative to shower there?
Depends on how long you will be in public. I sure as hell don't want to be around you if you don't think that you need to shower.

BitchTits

krypt0nian said:
I'll never understand the fear of being naked in front of people.
It's not that difficult to understand. People are individuals, they all have different bodies, not everyone is a natural adonis free of all inhibitions.

zoukka

BitchTits said:
It's not that difficult to understand. People are individuals, they all have different bodies, not everyone is a natural adonis free of all inhibitions.

You don't need to look like adonis to free yourself from inhibitions.

We used to have to take naked showers at school, I'm from the UK. I don't know where the OP is from.

When I was at school people said that this one boy had an erection in the showers...it made me wonder why they were looking at his cock in the first place.

Rewrite

Not as deep as he thinks
Back in middle school and high school, there wasn't any separators or curtains at the showers. Because of this, hardly anyone ever showered after PE class. Rarely did someone go and use them.

zoukka

PumpkinPie said:
When I was at school people said that this one boy had an erection in the showers...it made me wonder why they were looking at his cock in the first place.

It's the first thing your eyes home into.

MetalAlien said:
My middle and high school in the 80s required it. You would get in trouble if you didn't.

EDIT: Houston
Same thing for me in Virginia. The gym teachers would actually check your towel to make sure its wet.

zoukka

samus i am said:
Same thing for me in Virginia. The gym teachers would actually check your towel to make sure its wet.

Yeah our coach wouldn't tolerate swimming suits in showers. Some people faked toe fungus to skip the swim class :lol

I would go in at 4am to shower when I was a guest at my friends dorm. My school's dorms were apartment style.
I still remember the story about the guy who would go in the shower fully clothed and just stare at another guy.

mrklaw

MrArseFace
samus i am said:

yeah, so you just quickly run into the shower, swing your towel under the shower and get out again.

Ushojax

Should probably not trust the 7-11 security cameras quite so much
PumpkinPie said:
We used to have to take naked showers at school, I'm from the UK. I don't know where the OP is from.

Same here. Teachers would actually check whether you had taken a shower or not, so the usual routine was to rush back as quickly as possible, wet your hair and give your towel a quick drench.

The actual shower layout was designed for maximum embarrassment, there was a standing wall facing the benches, with a towel rack on one side and the showers on the other, you would hang your towel up, thus revealing ass, go round the side, then have to come out again this time revealing dick, and shuffle over to your towel. What made it worse was that there was one teacher who would stand in the middle of the towel rack so he got a good look at everybody and on rare occasions when people were taking too long he would poke his head round the side and tell people to hurry up whilst looking at their junk. This was when we were aged from 7-12. Once you got to senior school the showers were more private and separated.

There was also a kid at my school who got a hard-on in the shower and he was known as Boner from then on.

ChiTownBuffalo

Either I made up lies about the Boston Bomber or I fell for someone else's crap. Either way, I have absolutely no credibility and you should never pay any attention to anything I say, no matter what the context. Perm me if I claim to be an insider
In high school, we had a communal shower.

In college, when I was a scrub, the showers had waist high partitions.

The hazing for football was non existent. In college....*sigh* I was taped spread eagled/crucified to the squat rack, before the women's basketball team came in to lift. I had to drink malt liquor out of a jock strap. Had to try and hook up with this girl on the rugby team. Generally had to carry everyone's pads, etc.

ChiTownBuffalo

Either I made up lies about the Boston Bomber or I fell for someone else's crap. Either way, I have absolutely no credibility and you should never pay any attention to anything I say, no matter what the context. Perm me if I claim to be an insider
jaxword said:
How the devil did you agree to that?

Well, it's hazing. When a group of really large, strong men grab a hold of you and tape you to something, its hard to fight back. Especially when fighting back will just make things worse.

There was one guy who fought back. And he got taped naked to an office chair, had a helmet put on him, and the was wheeled to the area in front of Folsom Field.

Our stadium is integrated to our campus, so pretty much thousands of students walk in front of that area he was placed in.

jaxword

ChiTownBuffalo said:
Well, it's hazing. When a group of really large, strong men grab a hold of you and tape you to something, its hard to fight back. Especially when fighting back will just make things worse.

There was one guy who fought back. And he got taped naked to an office chair, had a helmet put on him, and the was wheeled to the area in front of Folsom Field.

Our stadium is integrated to our campus, so pretty much thousands of students walk in front of that area he was placed in.

Ugh. No wonder hazing is becoming illegal. We had it bad in our schools, but some of the stuff is borderline sexual violation.

Door2Dawn

Banned
ChiTownBuffalo said:

Fuck that shit.

ChiTownBuffalo

Hmm...I don't really feel any of the hazing I witnessed or experienced was malicious.

I mean there are truly horrible incidents of hazing out there. But as far and what I went through, the worst thing was the shaving cream pie to the face, because its an irritant.

Public nudity is just embarassing as hell. I mean, when I saw my teammate naked and strapped to a chair, I just pushed him back to the Athletic Department.

jaxword

ChiTownBuffalo said:
Public nudity is just embarassing as hell. I mean, when I saw my teammate naked and strapped to a chair, I just pushed him back to the Athletic Department.

To make him have the same experience you did, right?

Melchiah

We did, here in Finland, all through the 12 grades. It was not a big deal. But that may be because we have also grown accustomed to go to sauna together naked. And in public indoor swimming pools, there were also open communal showers and saunas, where all were naked. In fact, it was prohibited to go to the sauna with a swimsuit on, for sanitary reasons. As it was prohibited to go to the swimming pool or sauna without showering first.

BTW, in our school it was mandatory to go to a shower after the gym glass. Some of the more nerdy or fat guys tried to avoid it occasionally, but it often lead only to a further embarrassment.

edit: typo

ChiTownBuffalo

jaxword said:
To make him have the same experience you did, right?

I didn't tape him to any weight equipment.

I just pushed him back inside, and left him. If people found out I freed him, there would be more hazing for me.

-NeoTB1-

I never had an issue with this. We had them at the Y when I was a kid, and then obviously in high school. I lived in apartments throughout most of college, so I usually had my own bathroom. But whenever I would stay at friends dorm rooms, they had communal showers. You just get used to it. Or not, and you walk around with terrible B.O. :lol

MetalAlien

Banned
Chinner said:
does anyone actually shower naked at home? seems kind of weird if you ask me.
If I somehow caught a member of my family showering in shorts or whatever. I would make it my business to make their life a living hell. Might as well be flying a kite at night or something ya freak.

that was the norm for my HS in Canada. we didn't have partitions or curtains. oddly enough that's how it is at our public leisure centre(pool) too. just a big nude-orama.

hell some students would even get in trouble if they didn't shower after P.E. we got used to it, after the first day it wasn't a big deal.

SmokyDave

It never bothered me at school in England. The kids that clearly had hangups got all the attention and I just kinda strolled in and got washed. It probably helps that I'm quite happy to have my bits & pieces just dangling about the place. No point in being ashamed of the only willy I've got.

Oyashiro

The showers in middle/high school are usually open communal showers with no separation or privacy whatsoever, which is probably why no one uses them. Ever.

However, in college, the communal showers are all separated and have curtains and shit. Thus, it allows you to shower nekkid.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom