• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Do steelbook cases piss anyone else off? Is it just me?

I love steel books, my biggest issue with them however is that I missed many over the years and anytime I run across one in the wild it's been used as a dog's chew toy.

Chastten

Banned
XSyfQz1.jpg

Persona 5 was a weird situation yeah. I specifically didn't get that one at Gamemania because I wanted a red spine version for each game I own at the very least.

I do like it when a game comes with an extra steel case though, they look nice and premium. Wouldn't pay extra for it however.

Brock2621

Love steelbooks and 90% of the time they come free with a preorder. Different publishers secure diff exclusivity for the preorder bonuses but usually between GameStop, Best Buy and Amazon I can secure a free steel book in addition to the regular PS5 plastic case. That way I can keep the disc in the regular case and use steelbooks as display on office shelves.

If I decide I don’t want the steelbooks anymore they usually fetch 50%-90% of the game alone, effectively allowing me to buy a game at half price for free with preorder bonuses.

For instance: https://www.ebay.com/itm/2659872505...lYVpFjPQq2&var=&widget_ver=artemis&media=COPY

And…

Neff

They're ugly and I don't like them. Cheap plastic cases are more practical and pleasing to look at imo.

Rest

All these years later I still chuckle at what a fucking moron that guy is.
I don't even think about them. What does annoy me is that Best Buy carries just steel cases and sells them for $20 a piece. Several times I've picked up what I thought was a game I wanted at a good price, gotten to the checkout and had the clerk tell me "you know this is an empty case, right?" Why the fuck would I want and empty case? What psychopath is intentionally buying empty game cases?

I don't even think about them. What does annoy me is that Best Buy carries just steel cases and sells them for $20 a piece. Several times I've picked up what I thought was a game I wanted at a good price, gotten to the checkout and had the clerk tell me "you know this is an empty case, right?" Why the fuck would I want and empty case? What psychopath is intentionally buying empty game cases?

Buying those at 20 is a complete waste anyways. Wait a few weeks and you can pick them up for 5 bones.

Top Bottom