• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Do we still expect Breath of the Wild 2 to finally release in 2022? If so, when do you think will be the first "full" reveal?

DGrayson

Mod Team and Bat Team
Staff Member
If BotW2 inst releasing in March 22 we will see a treehouse thing around E3 time again.

What kind of degree do i need to interpret this correctly?
Or maybe i just need to be less drunk...

The chances of this game coming out in 3 months are negative

Holiday 2022 seems like the safe bet. I think the last DLC for botw came out in December of 2017 - I imagine design and pre production stuff started as soon as the main game wrapped. Full production probably started in early-ish 2018.

If it gets pushed into 2023 I'll be pretty surprised. 5 years dev time for a game using the same engine on the same platform seems crazy, even for Nintendo.

I will also say i have pretty high expectations for this game. They are reusing a lot of assets and its still taking almost as long as the original BOTW to release.

daveonezero

Banned
I will also say i have pretty high expectations for this game. They are reusing a lot of assets and its still taking almost as long as the original BOTW to release.
I'm ok with that. If they really give me a reason to get in there. More weapon characteristics. gear variety more cooking and a Master mode form the jump.

I could see this coming out this fiscal year or fall 2022.

Azelover

Titanic was called the Ship of Dreams, and it was. It really was.
Launching for holiday 2022.

Although, I personally think it would be smarter to save it for Switch 2.

Last edited:

schaft0620

I think Nintendo wants to get these Pokemon games sold and some of the other games from the fall like Mario Party. Then I think they are going to come hard in June with a huge BOTW2 blowout. Then release the game sometime in the fall.

It will go up against PSVR2 and Starfield.

Last edited:

Vagswarm

Nintendo has a long history of delaying Zelda games multiple times and we really haven't seen or heard much about this game at all. If it does release in 2022 I wouldn't expect it until winter.

It's a good sign that they're taking so long with a same-system sequel.

daveonezero

Banned
Nintendo has a long history of delaying Zelda games multiple times and we really haven't seen or heard much about this game at all. If it does release in 2022 I wouldn't expect it until winter.

It's a good sign that they're taking so long with a same-system sequel.
As long as it come on the next year or so.

I don’t want it to be a swan song or cross gen

SF Kosmo

Al Jazeera Special Reporter
I am pretty confident they're gonna hit 2022. Nintendo doesn't drop release windows until they're pretty sure they can hit them. In fact, they often sit on finished games to release them at strategic times rather than just pushing them out when they're done.

Like they have Metroid Prime Trilogy done for like well over a year at this point and haven't even announced it yet because they want to time its release relative to MP4 and that got pushed way back.

This is why you don't see huge day 1 patches and janky releases for Nintendo for the most part. Usually those games are finished months before they actually go into production.

yurinka

I think we'll get a trailer on E3 and will be released this November. I assume it's going to be pretty much more of the same, instead of another series revamp or -again- their first open world game. I don't see why they'd need to delay it more.

Plus, I think they'll want to have it as their 2022 sales hit and GOTY candidate.

Last edited:
Top Bottom