• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Do you also have all kind of problems with the Xbox Series controller (Not Elite)?

Kacho

No issues on the two Series controllers I use. Xbox controllers have always been reliable in my experience.

Never grabbed an Elite because of the issues reported with that.

M1chl

Currently Gif and Meme Champion
No actually never had an issue, with pleb Xbox controller post 360.
Can't you replace the rubbers inside to dampen that clicking sound?
Yes it's like a sticker, basically you can do it yourself, with some conductive gum and scissors...or maybe even that one from Xbox One works. But people don't know what is good : D

Rossco EZ

since i commented here about having no problems with my controller the left stick has an issue now :messenger_tears_of_joy: when i’m sprinting in games it stops every now and then and noticed a very slight drift that makes me walk whilst aiming. typical :messenger_grinning_sweat:

Larxia

I can add a new problem to the list, I now noticed that the A button on my controller is very unreliable, it releases by itself even if I'm still pressing it.
I noticed it when flying in Kingdom Hearts, my character would randomly stop flying.

I noticed that it's kind of related to the angle you're pressing from, some angles being worse than others. I tested it on other buttons and another xbox controller, and it's actually kind of there to various degree on all buttons, but the A button is the worst one on my main controller.

I looked online and this also seem to be a quite common issue apparently.

When does it stop? :messenger_neutral:

Last edited:
I have a 360 controller that I've used for so long that you can see an imprint of where my thumb rests. Still works perfectly fine
my left analog stick is a smooth nub. no longer has those 4 bumps and the sides are a bit deformed.
shopping

everything still works. my go-to PC controller. feels like a glove at this point.

Last edited:
I have a neon green Series controller that makes that same spring noise from the left stick. I typically play with headphones and can't hear it, but it's very noticeable when I play without them. Aside from being annoying, it doesn't seem to effect anything.
I also have a controller that come with my office Series S that just refuses to stay connected to the system. I need to resync it at least once a month. That one pisses me off. I should send it in, but I'm lazy and hoping a firmware update eventually fixes it.

64bitmodels

Reverse groomer.
Yeah, I fact I have a list of 10 problems with that god damn controller.

1. No gyro
2. No gyro
3. No gyro
4. No gyro
5. No gyro
6. No gyro
7. No gyro
8. No gyro
9. the controller doesn't come with a rechargeable battery.
10. No gyro

I hope MS fixes these problems in a later iteration.

Warablo

I haven't used my Series controller very much (use my old "new" Xbox controllers), but it does feel the battery drains faster and I remember one guy saying his Series controller would drain like a complete charge so quick.

Last edited:

yamaci17

inconsistent input registers when a/b/y is pushed slightly or from their side
that alone was enough for me to ditch the controller altogether and give up no it

Larxia

inconsistent input registers when a/b/y is pushed slightly or from their side
that alone was enough for me to ditch the controller altogether and give up no it
Yes this is what I just mentionned earlier, the A button on particular is giving me issue, if I press it on the left side, which is where I will usually press it when playing natural, it sometimes doesn't register perfectly unless I press harder, and it's even more problematic when I have to hold the button, it will go off randomly, it's really annoying and actually stresses me when playing because I constantly have to be aware of it.

What other controller did you end up using?

NeonDelta

on my red series x controller the left trigger button's pad came loose so the trigger would stick to the outtercasing. had to take it apart. fixed it but the sticker got lost inside so now the left trigger makes a noise when i press it fully

Bojanglez

The Amiga Brotherhood
I had to send my launch one in for repair, the headphone jack didn't work properly 🤦‍♂️

Support was really good and they got the replacement to me really quickly.

However that one is now different a strange drift on the left stick. Maybe it's a firmware thing, I haven't used the Xbox for a while, so hopefully when I update it next time it's fixed. I remember the Xbox One controllers, sometimes if you touched the stick when you switched them on they miscalibrated, maybe it's just something like that.

yamaci17

Yes this is what I just mentionned earlier, the A button on particular is giving me issue, if I press it on the left side, which is where I will usually press it when playing natural, it sometimes doesn't register perfectly unless I press harder, and it's even more problematic when I have to hold the button, it will go off randomly, it's really annoying and actually stresses me when playing because I constantly have to be aware of it.

What other controller did you end up using?
Dualsense and I had no issues with it so far. I only find R1 a bit uncomfortable but face buttons work quite well

Top Bottom