• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Do you have an alarm panel?

So, do you use any form of protection in your house against burglars, thieves etc?
If so, share.
So about 6 months ago, while I was sleeping, I heard some noise in the hallway of my house. I woke up and basically I caught a burglar.
I didn't want to call the police, so I just beat the living shit out him and told him I'll cut his throat if I see him anywhere near my house.
But, luckily I was in the house. What if I wasn't? He could've steal stuff from me.
So I decided to invest in an alarm system. I found a cheap kit on ebay and went with it. Digoo hosa I believe it's called. It has wifi and an app for your phone. If there's an alarm, it automatically sends me the notification for it.
1 main unit, and 5 door/window magnets. I decided not to use motion detectors because I had experience with these types of sensors in my company.
Pro tip, if you want zero false alarms, get only magnets (window/door sensors) and don't bother with motion detection sensors, barriers and other shit.

I think in todays time everyone needs an alarm system for their house/apartment.
Do you you have a security system?

highrider

Banned
Glock 19. I don’t sleep with it under my pillow but it’s easy access. I also have a baseball bat that I just keep by the doorway. In my experience if you’re street wise and actually walk around your community and get to know some people, you’ll probably never have any issues. If you’re wealthy there’s always a chance of home invasion but as a middle class person I honestly don’t worry about security. Society collapsing on the other hand 😂

thief183

So, 3 years ago I've been wokeup by some sounds at my door, I managed to sneak in the corridor and noticed a bulgar that was looking around my desk, it is really close to the exit door and at first it looked like it was alone, I managed to reach him in the dark without him noticing (he had an head light). I managed to grab his legs and pulled both of the towards me so he felloff on his face, I stepped on his face a couple of times then closed the door and turned the light on, He was a ROM or looked like one, around 20 Yo, with the light on I noticed a small pochet knife on the ground a took it, then I heard someone else bashing the door so I said something that I would have never expected to say : "You have 2 choice, walk away alive with your friend or die inside here, maybe your friend will kill me, but you will still be dead". He was bleeding from his noose and nodded, I opened the door, he fled out of my house and his friend too.

I spent 2 years awaiting for a revenge, then I decided that maybe they just learnt the lesson.

I was so scared that I litterally shitted my pants (I mean for real), was it worth it? Totally.

He was a ROM or looked like one, around 20 Yo, with the light on I noticed a small pochet knife on the ground a took it, then I heard someone else bashing the door so I said something that I would have never expected to say : "
I was so scared that I litterally shitted my pants (I mean for real), was it worth it? Totally.
What's a rom? You mean a gypsy?

Kamina

Golden Boy
We have like 3 break ins a year where i live.
Whenever foreign cars are about people start getting paranoid and inform each other.

So, no, i dont have an alarm system currently.
But i have a rifle.

Last edited:
Yes ours does both intruder detection and also smoke detection. It’s a monitored system (for a monthly fee) which basically means the cops will be automatically sent to the house under the right circumstances.

Birdo

Banned
I'm in the UK, so I only have a baseball bat at hand.

We do have guns in the house (Including a .357 Magnum revolver). But they are in special gun safes that take five minutes to open, and the ammo is in a seperate safe. So they are uselsess in a house intruder situation. Unless the intruder is deaf and very slow :messenger_grinning_smiling:

Last edited:

nikolino840

There's nothing to steal...if a burglar enter in my house Is him to leave Money in my table :D

Do you have Gold and Money in your house?

Last edited:

EverydayBeast

thinks Halo Infinite is a new graphical benchmark
I train on the bag for a reason

giphy.gif

xrnzaaas

Nope, just a solid door with solid locks, I live in the neighborhood pretty much without any burglaries. I actually like that some of my neighbors are nosy in case someone tries something.

Mihos

Gold Member
we have 2. One monitored for the insurance break and one unmonitored through our smart home hub.
Our house and neighborhood is bristling with cameras, also. We had one car break-in in the neighborhood a few years back and had like 7 angles of the dudes and their car between us.

Last edited:

Texas Pride

Banned
I have guns and there's always someone home at some point who knows how to use them. Anything connected to the internet can be hacked so I wouldn't trust home security to that. Conversely hard locks can be picked or broken so to each their own.

nikolino840

I don't understand the question?
I guess nice looking houses are more likely to get robbed.
Well yes if you have alarms like a museum Is becouse you have lot of Money and Gold...thieves don't enter in a house if they don't know What you have inside...news that i read about burglar Is "robbed 1000€ and golds in a elderly couple"

Do you know some news about burglar that find nothing in a house?

They follow you before enter in your house

Gypsis make signs on the houses

My bank have my Money,i don't have nothing in my house :D

Well yes if you have alarms like a museum Is becouse you have lot of Money and Gold...thieves don't enter in a house if they don't know What you have inside...news that i read about burglar Is "robbed 1000€ and golds in a elderly couple"

Do you know some news about burglar that find nothing in a house?

They follow you before enter in your house

Gypsis make signs on the houses

My bank have my Money,i don't have nothing in my house :D
Well I also keep my money in the bank. But burgulars want to rob a rich house but that's not always the case.
A junkie can steal a tv, resell it and get high for a few days from that money.
I've heard many poorer people got robbed near me. Where I live, shit is pretty much reversed. They won't rob rich people's houses because those generally have alarm systems, cameras and other security gadgetry. They expect middle class/lower middle class people to not have these types of systems and that's why they rob them.
And man, that's some crazy shit. Gypsies making signs on houses. I've honestly never heard about this. Please tell more, I'm fascinated.

nikolino840

Well I also keep my money in the bank. But burgulars want to rob a rich house but that's not always the case.
A junkie can steal a tv, resell it and get high for a few days from that money.
I've heard many poorer people got robbed near me. Where I live, shit is pretty much reversed. They won't rob rich people's houses because those generally have alarm systems, cameras and other security gadgetry. They expect middle class/lower middle class people to not have these types of systems and that's why they rob them.
And man, that's some crazy shit. Gypsies making signs on houses. I've honestly never heard about this. Please tell more, I'm fascinated.
I don't know where you live but in Italy most burglars are gypsies,Is hard find meth or crack toxics like in the USA movies...the signs they make with a key on your Door sames like some vandals or some kids joke,but are gypsies marking the houses...happened to the Brother of One of my friend..he call the Police and they Say that

arabic and East Europe rob you in the streets (most elderly people)

Italian thieves enter in bank and electronics shops

I'm speaking in general for What i read in newspapers during breakfast at the bar...

I don't know where you live but in Italy most burglars are gypsies,Is hard find meth or crack toxics like in the USA movies...the signs they make with a key on your Door sames like some vandals or some kids joke,but are gypsies marking the houses...happened to the Brother of One of my friend..he call the Police and they Say that

arabic and East Europe rob you in the streets (most elderly people)

Italian thieves enter in bank and electronics shops

I'm speaking in general for What i read in newspapers during breakfast at the bar...
That's insane man. I also feel a little bit offended cuz I'm from Eastern Europe (Croatia). :) Although, I don't know if Croatia fits in Eastern Europe. Central? I dunno.
I rarely see gypsies, there's plenty more of them in Serbia and Bosnia.

nikolino840

That's insane man. I also feel a little bit offended cuz I'm from Eastern Europe (Croatia). :) Although, I don't know if Croatia fits in Eastern Europe. Central? I dunno.
I rarely see gypsies, there's plenty more of them in Serbia and Bosnia.
I'm not racist 👍 Is What i read on newspapers and what the witnesses tell to the Police 🤷🏻‍♂️
Maybe Is like in America with black people 🤔

Top Bottom