• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Do you have that one friend?

Mondai

Gold Member
That one friend who is good , helps you out and is there for you during tough times but he has certain views that you do not agree with? One of my closer friends is for the most part a great person , he's saved my life a couple of times (financially) and I am very thankful but his views on women are very stupid( he's not had a relationship in a long time and I feel he's mostly talking out of anger/bitterness) but he's always talking about how all women are manipulators and can't be trusted and lame shit like that. I've told him many times that he needs to think more and change his views and how he approaches women (he's the type of guy who puts on a "fake nice guy" act and talks like this: "Hey corazon , como estas hoy mi vida", which is really embarrassing ).

I do believe he can change this in the future but he'll need to work hard or he'll never be in another relationship (he's had a really rough time with love, but he needs to change quickly).

German Hops

GAF's Nicest Lunch Thief
but he's always talking about how all women are manipulators and can't be trusted and lame shit like that. I've told him many times that he needs to think more and change his views and how he approaches women (he's the type of guy who puts on a "fake nice guy" act and talks like this: "Hey corazon , como estas hoy mi vida", which is really embarrassing ).
FWMRrXdWQAAAXR6

anthony2690

Banned
Lol I apologize if I sounded like that ,but that's his only real big flaw, otherwise dude's life is perfect.
Just amused me, sometimes these people just need telling about themselves, otherwise they will never change and continue to blame the opposite sex, it can't possible be every woman, he needs to realise he is the issue. :)

D-ray

Mmmmh not sure.
All my "friends" are just people who I have fun with, and they stick around for a long time. Basically, if I enjoy their company most of the times, and they are pretty loyal to me (like, they rarely tend of forgetting me for someone else), then they are what I could consider "friend".

I usually have a lot of different visions/opinions with them, but that really doesn't matter to me as it's one of the best way to keep interest in each other and talk.
I don't even care if a friend of mine is "cringe" or "embarrassing", as the consequences of his/her action fall upon him/her, not me.

If you think your friend is "wrong" on a certain vision, just express to him how you see it without imposing. If he prefers to remain the same, leave it like that, he'll eventually experience the consequences (positive or negative) of his actions and maybe have a change of mind.

I lost my best friend because of different visions, don't do the same. Just like it as it is and don't try to change him/her.

What is friend?
f1c8712adfdf0bc3365b213a32daa117.jpg

lem0n

Yeah. I have a friend that's into all the same shit I'm into. Videogames, similar sorts of comedy, Miatas, music... but he's a hopeless far right incel that just parrots Ben Shapiro and Jordan Petersen if he gets on a tangent. We can still be friends because we're both functioning adults, we just don't talk about politics with eachother because nothing good comes from it.

IDKFA

I am Become Bilbo Baggins
Yeah, I have a friend who changed so much that it's borderline satire. I'll give you an example.

He used to be one of my gym buddies, but he recently stopped going to the gym because it wasn't "body positive"(?!) and also it's a sign of being part of a certain political position. He also believes certain thoughts (yes, thoughts) that don't match his own views should be made illegal.

I'm not going to go into his other views because they're far too wacky and political for this place.

Seriously considering if we should even still be friends. His new views are the polar opposite to my own and we now have nothing in common.

RavageX

I have a friend. A couple are from before teen years. We are at or almost 40 now, they are different and I know ive changed a bit, but with one of them it looks like he has given up on things he used to be very interested in. Its weird cause the few times we talk and "catch up" I can sometimes feel that my old friend is there but he is hiding it....if that makes sense.

Ive lost a couple of hobbies that i simply can not make time for, and they are skill based so they take practice so maybe its similar?

I never talk politics with anyone because I simply do not care, so I dont think thats what is going on.

I dont know, I still consider him to be one of my best friends even though ive not seen him in years but I dont think he feels the same anymore.

Top Bottom