• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Do you like to dance, Gaf?

mortal

Gold Member
Whether in private or out on the dance floor?

dancing-kids.gif

giphy.gif

I like the concept of Dance more than the actual execution of doing it. My brain 🧠 just starts saying “Why am I doing this?”… But a tip of the cap to those who can really cut a rug!

killatopak

I was dancing to Michael Jackson and laying waste to ballroom dancing during sweet 16s.

Nowadays though, I don't dance anymore.

Con-Z-epT

Live from NeoGAF, it's Friday Night!
Yes, dancing is awesome!

However my disco times are far behind me so it's rare that i do it. But once in a while there is a beat i can't resist and then i will dance inside the living room while the missus gives me a dumbfounded look.

poodaddy

I've been known to slam dance in a pit with the best of em. I'm the guy that starts a pit if fuckers are just standing around, and moshing is a form of dance, so yeah I guess I have in a sense, though I'm getting old and that was a long time ago now.

Dancing is easy from point A to point B. Going from point B to C and onwards is where things get tricky. Usually I just stick between the first two and do the thinking dance:
29f.gif

mortal

Gold Member
I've been known to slam dance in a pit with the best of em. I'm the guy that starts a pit if fuckers are just standing around, and moshing is a form of dance, so yeah I guess I have in a sense, though I'm getting old and that was a long time ago now.
I'm never the guy that kicks it off, but I can't resist a good grove or when the party is jumping.
Dancing is easy from point A to point B. Going from point B to C and onwards is where things get tricky. Usually I just stick between the first two and do the thinking dance:
29f.gif
Nothing wrong with a little 2 step

Herr Edgy

I just had my first ever dance lesson, in Bachata.
Went with a cute girl that I had something going on with half a year ago. We were desastrous together and danced better with other partners lmao (understandable given both of us are noobs and the others had at least a little bit of experience).

Also I suck but hey, I wanna learn

Trunx81

I took dance classes for 8 years. All the classics, waltz, chachacha, Foxtrott …

Was in my teens and the best spot to pick up girls. Would highly recommend it for anyone in this age. And you know what they say: Men make love like how they dance.

One of my favorite things is to be out of my mind drunk or altered is some way and dancing to music so loud it's all you can hear. Close my eyes, follow the music, and make up weird-ass movements that I guess one would call "dancing". Like Trogdor above, I am a terrible dancer, but I love it

And you know what they say: Men make love like how they dance.
Makes sense because I mostly dance by myself

jshackles

Gentlemen, we can rebuild it. We have the capability to make the world's first enhanced store. Steam will be that store. Better than it was before.
In my head, I'm a great dancer. In reality, I look like a fish flopping around out of water

Like an uncool version of this

nfCuI6t.gif

Mr Blobby

hell yeah! it's fun as heck and cathartic. The dancefloor is its own world where you can let go of inhibitions. Sometimes get compliments from the DJ, I think more from participation than anything.
I love it, I’m terrible but love it. Anyone that says they don’t like it because they are scared of being bad and being judged.
so true my man! nobody gives a crap how you dance, just get out there and have a good time. With copious amounts of beer and or the other stuff if need be.

GeekyDad

I used to "groove" at Grateful Dead shows when I was young, but I think I only "danced" one true time. 'Twas my grade-school graduation. Was very sweet (slow dance, of course).

GymWolf

I liked dancing more when i was younger but i still go to the disco with friends sometimes so yeah, i like dancing.

kikkis

No, I have never danced "freeform". Dancing to the rhythm of the music feels like going to gym where everyone would laugh at you for being weak and fat.

Laptop1991

I'd like to, but i've got 2 left feet, infact i remember being in nightclubs in my early twenties and only getting on the dance floor when i was drunk lol, don't think i impressed anyone, being able to dance is something you should learn but don't want to admit it.

I took dance classes for 8 years. All the classics, waltz, chachacha, Foxtrott …

Was in my teens and the best spot to pick up girls. Would highly recommend it for anyone in this age. And you know what they say: Men make love like how they dance.
200w.gif

Giallo Corsa

Gold Member
Back in the early 00's I was lucky enough to "be there" for the House/progressive house/techno "renaissance" of that time, man, clubbing was at its finest and I was lucky enough to see live all the greats of that time, Sasha, John Digweed, Darren Emmerson, Laurent Garnier, Carl Cox, Derrick May, Ritchie Hawtin, Paul Oakenfold etc etc...
Every Friday and Saturday was a party and we'd dance our feet off - one of the best parties I've been to was in Chalkidiki Greece at a beach bar, spot was friggin'pristine with some amazing cristallyne waters, girls were amazing and when Darren Emmerson started blasting at about 2:00 AM shit had gotten real...amazing experience, everything was just...perfect, the music, the location, the people...everything.
That day we danced till 9AM in the morning and jumped into the beautiful water just to close the event.
One of the nicest memories I have of those times...I still remember that day like it was today.

Nowadays, I don't dance anymore, I mean, I went to a Perturbator concert 2 years ago and I just stood there enjoying the music and...banging my head 😁 , still had a great time though - same thing at the EXIT festival in Novi Sad Serbia where while the music was good me and.my co just stood there enjoying the music with beer(s) in hand until 8:00AM - this was back in 2015 if I remember correctly.

So, I did use to dance but not anymore, I got too old for this shit /lifestyle and nowadays, if I find myself at an electronica event (and not "EDM" like the cool kids say nowadays ) I just listen to the music while sipping down on a good drink.

I still love electronic music but old age too stronK 😉

Last edited:

Lasha

I love dancing. I choreograph dances for my kids and I to perform during Sunday breakfast. I studied ballet for a bit and I was always happy to try movements I came across. My height is an issue. Most pop dancing that impresses people at a club are simple rapid movements that are tailored to average/shorter people. The same moves look awkward when performed by taller people. Most spaces don't have the space for the longer dynamic movements that tall people specialize in.

The flip side is being tall means you have to do less to pull at a club. A basic sense of rhythm and a nice outfit trump manlet dances.

rabbitontherun

Neo Member
Absolutely - to electronic music.
Was at a techno festival at the end of May.
Average number of steps was about 40k, the highest day with 78k.
I suspect the step count is too high because I move my arms a lot (measured with smartwatch).

nYqQb9YX8G8sP_r0bd-kn8h2DYJZJpbFmQdUcw-bYOjCy0Z1efNLSERcniVsjhKM0gVxHyVBWkiPULYb5RwyBSVIudwtdg2Bx0Sb7xLwpl_qH21NOYgjKngn21z2LX8GXslpOew3YgjJ_B_FyDTyL4lpwn3ovOT65z8ujgJLwGkAS9zbfZPTOMnjPMcZT8X6tJnAW7zJSzPE-pzQTf809Gt1FQte89DcK-9ckfVCaE-BSzYgPlB_zr5U3cP9xEvm73rwsEZi270eZ6d9lR9Owe4CHvi6DIs1KyqoXjE6SV-T2JShQQbvWSKwjHUAvyiRbsMB229UiU8ELp5Zk1S1HPYv9hLVyGf-2oevHV8o5dP-fNt_FqdXeT2A7uOPbmwXSYeC2Xl16iQFv9hvfBjmGd5-Fx4-nY2FPLT72EQw0XA37tufwlLWgJEWMbxATXuP1XVBQ-OJdJDciCfTspu1uMvF_gpVMU6jfcxV7TUOqDf11d37KsK-daGfbOlYgyz63FiKfyNh4rxt90oUCOtDfKzjnKkiBowHaC-vHSWP634dXXXvONL5tD8zzZDvTLRKfzUxACAFOT_wAtsORvVZkOjEdkeAV1dXDT2jKAVoomzusENnXqDtR923bAswHiqt8dXTd4-pPFgXJ_u1eS1bCkC0SNlmC13-N-53yY9Y5m0IvpOTP_wyKdirNICcI9b4RC5KyXmHgcZYlnq4bhD8D1HMteZOggrKdTiwrVVL8RuaFV0Nd0NGZqhd6X2aUqsiW-50-foq0ieDSo-RLPqLjBO38rhSAR3jRcidB69S_rhgP0KzBF5pWviZvyz1LNvi5D2C8F-5NLHngp2W-Am6WqkB15NMRmRZ1mU_zzeqNh9OPf7JCZyux9nfMuTxUt3s8xKLalNe9W3VeGcNQ2dCIHsPv7OLDetNctMIZ-idy5G9Mg=w618-h929-s-no

I dance something like Techno Viking :messenger_grinning_sweat: but not nearly as ripped
rave GIF

Top Bottom