• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Do you put green olives on tacos?

Do you put green olives on tacos?

• Yes.

Votes: 3 9.1%
  • Also yes.

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • I do.

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Come on, bruh

Votes: 28 84.8%
  • Of course.

Votes: 2 6.1%

• Total voters

BadBurger

Many “Whelps”! Handle It!
IG7U57b.jpg

Kinda depends what else is in it. If you've got meat, cheese, tomato and onion then olive isn't going to upset that. Taco is just a sandwich so it's up to whether you like the individual fillings (toppings) more than it being anything to do with it being a taco.

Jennings

I don't like green olives, so no I don't put green olives in my tacos. If I liked them I might put them in, but I have no idea how well they'd go with tacos since I don't like them. I like black olives though and put those in my tacos.

KrakenIPA

I can't imagine a flavor profile in a taco that is improved or built upon green olives. Maaaaybe a Mediterranean taco, but I've never heard of something like that.

Edit: green olives with pimento is a strong, loud product, i would stick with the traditional diced black olive for a Mexican dish.

Last edited:

bender

What time is it?
I grew up on TexMex so no. I first ran into olives in Mexican food in New Mexico. Therefor Texas > New Mexico. It's simple math.

Quasicat

Gold Member
Green on pizza, black on tacos or nachos. I remember when the Taco Bell Mexican Pizza had black olives. That was amazing!

Top Bottom