• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Do you put ketchup on your rice?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Matrix

LeBron loves his girlfriend. There is no other woman in the world he’d rather have. The problem is, Dwyane’s not a woman.
I do sometimes.

SKluck

Banned
Not ketchup, but BBQ sauce. I often use BBQ sauce as a replacement for butter on things like Potatoes, Rice, other chicken/turkey kind of side dishes.

RevenantKioku

PEINS PEINS PEINS PEINS PEINS PEINS PEINS PEINS PEINS PEINS PEINS PEINS oh god i am drowning in them
goodcow said:
Ketchup goes with almost everything.

Chocolate, cheese and catsup. The 3 C's that one of which can go with any food.

DCX

DCX
I do, as a matter of fact when i moved upstate (NY) they thought i was insane for doing it until i saw them doing weeks later :p

DCX

Ferrio

Banned
EB010970.gif

RevenantKioku

PEINS PEINS PEINS PEINS PEINS PEINS PEINS PEINS PEINS PEINS PEINS PEINS oh god i am drowning in them
I spent six weeks in Japan, pouring soy sauce on damn near everything, and I just don't enjoy it.
Now THE SAUCE, that is an awesome sauce.
It went on everything, and was marvelous.
I loved oyakodon with a hearty splash of the sauce.
I can't find it in the US though.
(Yeah I know its called Tonkatsu Sauce, but I still can't find it)

Dice

Pokémon Parentage Conspiracy Theorist
Ketchup is actually really disgusting. It pretty much works with burgers and these special melts my friend makes.

bishoptl

Banstick Emeritus
I mix it with rice, occasionally. I'll also keep a bit on the side to eat Jamaican meat patties with, but that's about it.

My son, his mom, and her sister on the other hand, eat ketchup with french toast. Godless heathens.

As an Asian, I find the concept of ketchup with rice offensive on the highest levels. So when I hear of other Asians doing it, I cry.

Just about everybody does it in Puerto Rico. It's good with eggs or when you're eating rice and meat with no beans. I haven't had it in a while though.

Mumbles

Sugar on rice? That's a waste of rice.

Salt, possibly soy sauce, and *maybe* a bit of butter. And that's for white rice only.

I think the real question is what kind of person doesn't?

Ketchup == the solution to all life's bland problems.

Viva ketchup sandwiches

xsarien

daedsiluap
FortNinety said:
As an Asian, I find the concept of ketchup with rice offensive on the highest levels.

As someone who likes rice, I find the concept of ketchup with rice offensive on the highest levels.

White Man

+1 wasabi and soy sauce

Ketchup? Ketchup on rice? Sick. Gives me the mental image of eating sushi or something with ketchup. That image makes me taste a bit of vomit in the back of my throat.

Ketchup on rice is more twisted and sick than nude Olimario pics.

White Man said:
I'll see your coprophilia and raise you one instance of coprophagy.

That's what I meant, actually. In my experience, though, calling someone a "coprophile" has most of the same connotations. It's not like these people are collecting it for shelf display.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom