• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Do you smoke weed?

deriks

4-Time GIF/Meme God
Very occasionally. This year I did once in a party. Don't really care for the next day, but it's not like I will refuse it

The Stig

I'll just leave this here.
metalgearweed.jpg

JohnnyPhats

I'm an occasional smoker. VERY lightweight. Like a puff and I am good. Still have my old dugout/one hitter from about 27 years ago lol. Usually I'll have a puff or two when I'm having some drinks. Other than that on a Saturday or Sunday morning with coffee.

Tajaz2426

Psychology PhD from Wikipedia University
Man, I cannot believe I am saying this, but yes since I retired from the Marine Corps, I do smoke everyday. With all the medication I’m on for my PTSD, nothing was helping.

However, my therapist and my wife talked me into trying it and along with my medication it makes the days go by a lot easier and it helps finding a little internal peace.

NecrosaroIII

Ask me about my terrible takes on Star Trek characters
Man, I cannot believe I am saying this, but yes since I retired from the Marine Corps, I do smoke everyday. With all the medication I’m on for my PTSD, nothing was helping.

However, my therapist and my wife talked me into trying it and along with my medication it makes the days go by a lot easier and it helps finding a little internal peace.
Try getting into one of the MDMA trials. They're specfically aimed at helping veteran trauma.

Weed is legal here and I enjoy it.

Edibles are amazing but require a bit of planning. If you dig edibles then I recommend you learn how to make your own butter.

I’ve also noticed that when weed was first legalized the stuff sold in the store was around 20% and now it’s 30% plus.

I have problems with nausea and weed is the best solution, it works flawlessly

Weed is legal here and I enjoy it.

Edibles are amazing but require a bit of planning. If you dig edibles then I recommend you learn how to make your own butter.

I’ve also noticed that when weed was first legalized the stuff sold in the store was around 20% and now it’s 30% plus.

I have problems with nausea and weed is the best solution, it works flawlessly
I wake up every morning knowing that there are a billion people on this planet doing shit like nano machines in a petri dish that is our planet. And when I get on a public transit this kind of shit enters my noggin.

So, whatever helps you cope as long as it doesn't have a negative impact on your life.

Last edited:
Yeah, I smoke weed. I mean, I smoke every day and on the weekends I’ll wake and bake and I’ll make sure my high is maintained throughout the day.

I seem to accomplish a lot on mundane work around the house, like putting up crown molding, refurbishing my hard wood floors. This winter I’m going to redo the entire staircase and landing, all while blazing some fire ass dro.

One of my favorite things to do while baked is my lawn and garden. I have 3 acres and I keep two of them wild with a these pristine paths and where the manicure meets the unkept and it’s very satisfying.
I do have a prescription with a massive veteran’s discount which is how I’m able to afford it, in case your curious lol

Here’s a picture of one of the paths to give you an idea, and my mangy mutt….
Her names LuLu and I think I might love her more then my own children lol
87VtQix.jpg

Sleepwalker

I don't smoke, don't drink, dont do drugs. I'm not hardcore on these beliefs, I'll have a drink with the occasion and ive smoked weed and tobacco before but it's not something I seek out on the daily.

Got 0 issues with it tho.

22:22:22

NO PAIN TRANCE CONTINUE
I don't smoke, don't drink, dont do drugs. I'm not hardcore on these beliefs, I'll have a drink with the occasion and ive smoked weed and tobacco before but it's not something I seek out on the daily.

Got 0 issues with it tho.

Sounds like you have a non addictive stable personality going on.
Good for you friend.

The Fartist

Gold Member

What’s the equivalent of pouring one out, but with weed?

"Please respect my privacy at this time" :pie_roffles::pie_roffles::pie_roffles::pie_roffles::pie_roffles:

It's like his wife died, or something. I love Snoop.

I'm at three years of no smoke, I haven't quit, just taking a loooong hiatus, I think I'll pick it back up once my kid grows up a little, maybe 18-19. That's 9 years away :pie_lcry::pie_lcry::pie_lcry:

Had nothing today.

Time is moving at 1% percent its normal speed and its extremely boring.

Smoking kush is living life with adblock enabled. Particularly life in the big city.

I quit four weeks ago.

Anyway, I popped outside for a lunch break today and no less than 10 minutes some people asking me if I'm carrying. I can't shake that "I'm a dealer image."

Audiophile

Gold Member
I'd dry-vape it if it was legal, not because I give two shits what our backwards law says (in UK), but because I'd like to know what I'm getting.. I wanna walk into a place knowing it's clean, not laced with any extra junk and has the strain as well as the approx. percentages of Cannabinoids etc. in it. Ideally I'd grow my own exactly as I need it.

I've suffered from Depersonalisation/Derealisation since I was 12 (due to chronic stress in the lead up to a Leukaemia diagnosis at the time). DP/DR can be induced by weed, but it's due to the THC. When it's the right strain and is paired with higher CBD it'll actually lessen it. Naturally, if I do want it, I have to avoid high THC strains.

I also suffer from Akathisia which was permanently induced by SSRIs that I never should have been prescribed in my teens. I've tried a couple well balanced strains and the relief from the nearly-endless torture of Akathisia was wonderful. If I could source that consistently it'd be a godsend.

I'm absolutely in favour of liberty and I think it can have tremendous benefits for a lot of people, but the main issue we face with it is ultra-high, unnatural levels of THC alongside a lack of other cannabinoids. The stuff your parents had might have been 6-12% THC if they were lucky and there was a healthy entourage effect from all the other cannabinoids (CBD especially, as well as CBG/CBN). Nowadays we're batting up against 25% THC skunk with CBD and other cannabinoids being practically non-existent. And that's before you get to edibles which are both altered in their effects and about five times stronger due to how our metabolism handles it.

I also think the edible doses they have in the US are kinda ridiculous, putting high doses into half a small gummy is going to do nothing to help the image.

We don't need conversations of "weed good, weed bad" based on a monolithic, generalised concept of the stuff and peoples' preconceived notions of it one way or the other. But a nuanced conversation of the types of weed, delivery mechanisms, personal liberties and providing information/education. It is neither intrinsically harmful or negative or completely harmless and positive.

It needs to be fully legalised as a matter of personal liberty first and foremost, so that those with health issues can use it, so that research can be done in regards to different strains/compositions and how they effect predisposed individuals' mental health; and so that those who wish to have it recreationally can identify what types they like and inform themselves better about what choices they make.

Commercial taxation should be tiered based on a mix of both absolute THC levels and THC:CBD ratios; testing for commercial sale should be standardised and regulated in regards to strain, composition-reporting/advertising and pollutants/lacing. Growing should be legal for personal use and sharing (grower assumes responsibility); and private sale should be licensed up to a small limit.

Top Bottom