• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Do you smoke weed?

teezzy

Banned
All my sober homies rise up

tenor.gif

Singular7

You need to broaden your horizons mentally.
Done most drugs, experienced most things.

Only response to dopey drug thinking is: ok sure.

Then you you wake up the next day to reality.

And all the dopey utopia means nothing. Some guy wants your cab.

You need food.

Now what? More utopia drug dopiness?

10 years later, a Spiral. Other dopey stuff.

20 years later, "can I have a $10 for food?"

30 years later "thanks boss, McDonalds really is a great employer, I eat free."

40 years later "someone died." (this was you, in case you aren't following the logic)

-----------

A better solution: intelligence, fighting against your dumb desires, working hard and developing your mind. Have a family.

Get over yourself. Then you'll feel fulfilled, regardless of the messaging system attempting to program you.

No sane person over 30 thinks about "expanding their mind" through chemicals.

Last edited:

highrider

Banned

You need food.

40 years later "someone died." (this was you, in case you aren't following the logic)

-----------

A better solution: intelligence, fighting against your dumb desires, working hard and developing your mind. Have a family.

Get over yourself. Then you'll feel fulfilled, regardless of the messaging system attempting to program you.

Well then you’ll definitely categorize me as insane. Sadly, you sound like the person that watches 420 culture and think that represents typical cannabis users, I’ve found in the past that this myopic outlook is almost impossible to break through, very hardwired thought pattern.

Conversely you’d have to apply that logic to many high achievers that were or are daily cannabis users. I could go on all day in every field of study, Carl Sagan and Ted Turner are a couple of standouts.

What I can tell you about myself is that I’ll be 54 in July, and I’m probably in better shape than most guys in their 20s and I’m not on TRT.
I’m ex-military, combat veteran as well, 3rd Infantry Division, 85-92. I’m a master craftsman, arguably one of the best painters in the world and one of the top producers of video content in the field. I’m sponsored by 3m, 4CR, Sherwin Williams and LUMAIII. Before COVID-19 I earned high 6 figures.

I have an 18 year old son who’s graduating high school, he’s about to become a professional fighter, while studying criminal justice. I have his respect, do you really think I give a fuck if I have yours bro? And maybe think twice before you judge someone 🤷‍♂️And here’s some of the cool shit I do on the daily. I’ll be curious to see the amazing things you’ve achieved with your smug, superior statement, hoping you’re Elon himself, you’ll need to be to fuck with me.

Last edited:

Kev Kev

You need food.

-----------

peace, love, DOPE :messenger_peace:

Last edited:

BennyBlanco

aka IMurRIVAL69

You need food.

-----------

you sound like a reagan era politician.

of course, people take things too far, but if i want to smoke a bowl at the end of the day and relax it's not going to make me retarded. i have a good job and a family. i think far more people are fucking their lives up with alcohol and prescription drugs.

*Nightwing

Well then you’ll definitely categorize me as insane. Sadly, you sound like the person that watches 420 culture and think that represents typical cannabis users, I’ve found in the past that this myopic outlook is almost impossible to break through, very hardwired thought pattern.

Conversely you’d have to apply that logic to many high achievers that were or are daily cannabis users. I could go on all day in every field of study, Carl Sagan and Ted Turner are a couple of standouts.

What I can tell you about myself is that I’ll be 54 in July, and I’m probably in better shape than most guys in their 20s and I’m not on TRT.
I’m ex-military, combat veteran as well, 3rd Infantry Division, 85-92. I’m a master craftsman, arguably one of the best painters in the world and one of the top producers of video content in the field. I’m sponsored by 3m, 4CR, Sherwin Williams and LUMAIII. Before COVID-19 I earned high 6 figures.

I have an 18 year old son who’s graduating high school, he’s about to become a professional fighter, while studying criminal justice. I have his respect, do you really think I give a fuck if I have yours bro? And maybe think twice before you judge someone 🤷‍♂️And here’s some of the cool shit I do on the daily. I’ll be curious to see the amazing things you’ve achieved with your smug, superior statement, hoping you’re Elon himself, you’ll need to be to fuck with me.

Amazing work! Don’t think most realize the skill it takes to make that look smoother than factory paint. Like a sheet of glass on that!!

You need food.

-----------

What a load of shit straight from Nancy Regan playbook 🤣
jTSZERe.jpg

You should be only doing 20-25 mg in edibles. Anymore and that's too much. Even veterans who do it every day cannot go over that or you're gonna be come a potato.
25 is great, but there's nothing wrong with doing more to relax, IF you set aside the time. I can't do ANYTHING that requires me to be in a public setting at 50mg or over, nor would I want to. But for watching movies, writing ideas, being creative, playing games, etc., I'm great at 50. Can't do that much these days, and I'm ok with that.

As always, never take advice without stepping up your dosage methodically. Our bodies are all different. A panic attack/paranoid episode is no fun.

Last edited:

unlish

Neo Member
Yeah I smoke regularly. I mostly do it because I enjoy it, but it also calms me down and gives me a new way of thinking. I'm pretty high strung and get caught in thought loops easily, and I find that weed (if consumed with intention) levels me out and lets my mind come up with new thoughts.

Kev Kev

Yeah I smoke regularly. I mostly do it because I enjoy it, but it also calms me down and gives me a new way of thinking. I'm pretty high strung and get caught in thought loops easily, and I find that weed (if consumed with intention) levels me out and lets my mind come up with new thoughts.
Confused Thinking GIF

G Boaty

Banned
Smoking weed allowed me to come to terms with an undiagnosed mental illness I'd been dealing with my entire life. I always knew there was something "wrong" with me, but was never able to articulate it or wrap my head around it, which made it impossible to get help with. I found that, occasionally, after a smoke I was able to process what was actually going on in my head, and write down my thoughts and feelings in a way that made sense, which in turn lead to me being diagnosed and thus get proper help on dealing with it.

Weed didn't cause or fix the issue, but it allowed me to better process and understand my own mental state which in turn enabled me to get help with it.

Karmic Raze

I used to smoke weed from the end of 2003 to the beginning of 2007. I tried smoking it countless times after that over the years, but in early 2007 I started going to a psychiatrist due to my mental illnesses. Bi-polar, depression, anxiety, OCD. I still struggle with all of them to this very day even though I am medicated, but I am happy to say I am not clinically depressed anymore. The mood swings from being bi-polar are still prominent as is the anxiety I’ve had since I was a kid. The OCD is basically untreatable. I constantly wash my hands and it’s progressed to me taking at least 3 showers a day on average. I wish it would go away because it causes me a ton of stress and anxiety, but yeah. Sorry for the rant and spilling my guts, but I felt like telling you guys. I wish I could just still smoke weed because with my meds it just doesn’t do anything for me aside make me hungry and paranoid. I miss the good old days of enjoying the high, but alas, those days are in the past now.

Last edited:

Mistake

I’m asthmatic and have a keen sense of smell, so no. I don’t care if people do it, as long as it’s not around me. I might try edibles some time

SafeOrAlone

Banned
Pretty much all day every day. It’s a very subtle effect now. I can do pretty much anything just as well, while under the influence.
I do miss using it less, and having a stronger effect, but it doesn’t feel like it’s getting in my way, impacting my health or work, so there’s not too much incentive to stop.
def feels good first time I do it everyday.

Doczu

Getting high at a wedding is pretty awesome. They had a taco bar.
Like real taco or were the ladies feeling frisky?

I smoked for my B-day this weekend and it was the first time in 2 months. Got some good stuff (yeah - stuff. We don't get names where i buy), watched Transformers and played some Quake.
Gotta say i know why i'm not drinking anymore

kurisu_1974

is on perm warning for being a low level troll
I wish Europe would wake up and legalize already. Sometimes have a hard time getting my stuff and I could do without all the hassle surrounding it. We are the victim of the War on Drugs invented by the US and while you can use an iOS app to order weed over there, here people are still getting arrested at music festivals because they have some devil's lettuce. Governments here could very well use the money too.

Last edited:

SafeOrAlone

Banned
I've started vaping flower instead of smoking it, for the most part.

Since I'm a daily user of marijuana, I'm hoping the lack of combustion/smoke will have a positive effect on either my lungs or skin. Anyone have experience switching?

*Nightwing

Since I'm a daily user of marijuana, I'm hoping the lack of combustion/smoke will have a positive effect on either my lungs or skin. Anyone have experience switching?
I found vaping less potent than combustion, so switching as a daily heavy user was difficult. Ended up switching to edibles as an intermediary as I took a complete break from vaping and smoking until my tolerance started coming down, then went vaping flower and haven’t looked back besides occasionally using the trusty bong on days off and special occasions

Dark Star

I, too, quit smoking da herb and now only vape isolate like delta 8 THC and other cannabis products like CBD edibles.

dry herb vaporizing can totally save you money (and your lungs) in the long run, and if you're into vaping dabs/hash/rosin/shatter/etc then that's also great too.

Last edited:

Hari Seldon

As a non user my friend was telling me about this Delta-8 THC stuff that is apparently is in some kind of gray area in a lot of states that haven't legalized fully yet. Is this shit legit or sketchy?

Dark Star

As a non user my friend was telling me about this Delta-8 THC stuff that is apparently is in some kind of gray area in a lot of states that haven't legalized fully yet. Is this shit legit or sketchy?

Any brand of cart selling at an actual CBD shop, either online or in person, is probably legit. Just do some research in your area, or look at sites like 3Chi. I would recommend the edibles/gummies as well, they're very effective.

I would be more weary of Delta 10 THC or THC-O which are far newer. I've tried delta 10 cart from a local shop and it was very nice. It felt very uplifting similar to delta 9.

Hari Seldon

Any brand of cart selling at an actual CBD shop, either online or in person, is probably legit. Just do some research in your area, or look at sites like 3Chi. I would recommend the edibles/gummies as well, they're very effective.

I would be more weary of Delta 10 THC or THC-O which are far newer. I've tried delta 10 cart from a local shop and it was very nice. It felt very uplifting similar to delta 9.

Ok thanks bro. Yeah I might give a shot at some gummies.

yansolo

love weed in moderation, with friends, when we go camping or just to relax at home, makes me enjoy things a little more, or rather pay attention to things a little more

its really unfortunate that it will probably never be legalized in australia, but tobacco shops, pubs and slot machines are at every corner

Ou shit, was the same, non user for forever, until I heard of Delta-8. My wife started out of curiosity back in April, and we've been using it ever since. We get our gummies from 3chi as they're one of the most reliable ones, and trust me this shit feels great :D

SafeOrAlone

Banned
I’ve never had much like with edibles. Like, I’m fairly sure they’ve never worked for me and I’ve certainly tried. Ate eight of those coffee beans throughout an afternoon once and felt nothing.

I'm actually less concerned with the high I’m missing out on, and more concerned that i have gut digestion issues or something.

Anyone experience something similar?

partime

THC gummies make me super paranoid, how do you even enjoy it?! It's like 40min in, then WHAM, it disorientates you with a few moments of awe. But mostly you're just TRYING to act normal and worried that you look worse than you actually are. You over think EVERYTHING and think about what you're thinking and try to act normal thinking. I told my wife I was on it and still I'm there watching TV with her, not enjoying myself and especially not wanting to talk or interact. At least with alcohol, after a few beers you just don't give a shit and love everything she says.

Last time I had THC, went to bed because I took too much, every single thought was in Yoshi's yarn, and I was in awe of the continuous sounds of my washer noise next to my room (low noises). It hurt my ears when I heard high pitch noises, like a knife cutting butter.

Haven't tried CBD, have an unopened can. I heard it makes you numb or something?

NeonGhost

uses 'M$' - What year is it? Not 2002.
Used to but just then always got paranoid and stared always thinking the people I was smoking with were plotting against me

jshackles

Gentlemen, we can rebuild it. We have the capability to make the world's first enhanced store. Steam will be that store. Better than it was before.
Tried some new Sativa chocolate bar last night, holy fuck it tasted amazing and I think I fell asleep like immediately when my head hit the pillow 2 hours later.

Jsisto

I plan to as soon as the legal markets open up in my state. I’ve only experimented a little bit in the past, it’s been nearly a decade. Kinda looking forward to dabbling in edibles.

Top Bottom