• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Do you think Microsoft really had an event planned for Jan?

Did Microsoft have an event planned for Jan?

• Yes, of course.

Votes: 42 29.6%
  • Hell no.

Votes: 100 70.4%

• Total voters

NahaNago

I'm going with no. Like others have said if they wanted to show off games, they usually would have done it at the game awards. With that said they probably should do some kind of event before they start releasing these games. Maybe an event to show what comes out for the rest of the year and then at e3 to reveal games that will release all the way up until next year's e3.

edit: :messenger_neutral: and now they officially announce an event.:messenger_grinning_sweat:

Last edited:

HeisenbergFX4

Gold Member
Public Media Yes GIF by PBS SoCal

Good morning GAF :)

yurinka

I think they already had a sizzle with Gamepass games at TGA, and that at E3 they'll announce the main games to be released in Gamepass for aprox. the next year starting to count from there with some minor game announcement as they did last year.

Regarding their games I think they already announced most of the main games they'll release this generation outside the next Gears and more Forza, so I assume that at this or future E3 editions they'll basically show more of the games they already announced: Hellblade 2, Avowed, Everwild, Indy, Fable, Forza 8, etc.

So this leaves little thing for a January or February event, maybe only a short one to showcase the main games to be included from now until E3, focusing on Starfield and without announcing any 1st party game.

Anything related to Activision Blizzard may need to wait until they complete the acquisition (I bet this will happen in summer but after E3), but other than the unannounced Blizzard new IP I don't think they'll have any new game to announce there other than the next CoD.

Last edited:

johnjohn

I'm going with no. Like others have said if they wanted to show off games, they usually would have done it at the game awards. With that said they probably should do some kind of event before they start releasing these games. Maybe an event to show what comes out for the rest of the year and then at e3 to reveal games that will release all the way up until next year's e3.
Well yea, that’s likely what this January event is going to be. Showing more of upcoming games like Forza, Starfield, Redfall, and Minecraft Legends with some other surprises.

Last edited:

AJUMP23

Gold Member
Donald Trump GIF by CBS News

We want info but it doesn't matter. Just enjoy it when you get it, and ignore it when you don't.

Last edited:
The only people that care about these “events” are content creators.

At the end of the day, we still have to wait for the games to release so why is an event even important? We already know what is releasing in the next 6 months and E3 will happen around the end of that so what’s the point of an event this month?

The Alien

Banned
"Some people think it's horseshit".

Who's some people? Randos on the internet? Twitter? Hahaha. No.

Takes months to pull a show together with demos, trailers, gameplay, etc. They arent starting work on it now because some loser on Twitter trolling.

begotten

Are they going to show something meaningful like Perfect Dark or Avowed or are they just going to show their 2023 "big hitters" that should have released in 2022.

analog_future

Resident Crybaby
That guy doesnt actually know anything

Not true at all.

Jez leaked Crash Team Rumble like a year ago, Pentiment nearly a year in advance, Compulsion Games' next game, a screenshot of Avowed, leaked the Halo Infinite battle royale project, leaked the Razer cloud gaming handheld, leaked Persona 5 coming to Game Pass/Xbox, etc.. etc.. etc..

He doesn't always get it right but he very clearly has insider info.

Hendrick's

If only my penis was as big as my GamerScore!
Of course they have had a show planned. They need to at the very least announce release dates for the stuff coming in the next 6 months.

Umbasaborne

Banned
Basically!
Ill stand by that its not the worst thing in the world. This is going to basically give them
One big game each season. Forza in the spring, redfall in the summer, starfield this fall. Starfield will probably act like a major holiday game and system seller for them. On top of the game needing more time, it probably makes a lot of sense to make it their holiday game

Gavon West

Spread's Cheeks for Intrusive Ads
Not true at all.

Jez leaked Crash Team Rumble like a year ago, Pentiment nearly a year in advance, Compulsion Games' next game, a screenshot of Avowed, leaked the Halo Infinite battle royale project, leaked the Razer cloud gaming handheld, leaked Persona 5 coming to Game Pass/Xbox, etc.. etc.. etc..

He doesn't always get it right but he very clearly has insider info.
Shhh! Don't say anything. GaF believes it's the be all end all when it comes to insider information. They think they know more than the actual people who actually work in the industry. Let it be.

Funny. That shits funny ..

NahaNago

Well yea, that’s likely what this January event is going to be. Showing more of upcoming games like Forza, Starfield, Redfall, and Minecraft Legends with some other surprises.
I really didn't think we were going to get one this month. I was thinking they were going to wait until like March or April or a month before Forza comes out.

ANDS

King of Gaslighting
What do you mean?

They mean, snarkily, that this "excuse" of being on holiday break should apply to the entirety of the last few years for MS; i.e., they aren't buying that as an excuse.

. . .unless your question was snark as well and meant to call the user out for their pessimism (and for a helping of crow).

Top Bottom