• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Doctor Who Console Game In the Works

IbizaPocholo

NeoGAFs Kent Brockman

Doctor Who is setting the TARDIS' destination for consoles and PCs. Maze Theory, developer of the VR game Doctor Who: The Edge of Time, has announced that it will expand its line of Doctor Who games into a trilogy. The company will follow up The Edge of Time with one Doctor Who game for consoles (PlayStation, Xbox, PC, and Nintendo Switch) and another for mobile devices. The announcement comes at the same time that Maze Theory announced an expansion of its Peaky Blinders game line. “Maze Theory is evolving to the next level. We know from feedback that fans of shows like Doctor Who and Peaky Blinders crave new and exciting experiences across multiple devices and interwoven stories that create an overall experience far surpassing that of a single game," Maze Theory CEO Ian Hambleton said in a statement. "The world is facing challenging times right now, but the gaming sector continues to be resilient in times of economic uncertainty. These investments and our new content initiatives enable us to grow our fanbase and drive our business forward. We remain as committed as ever to delivering brilliant gaming experiences.”

Alexandra Lindsay, the investment director at Calculus Capital said, “Maze Theory has an impressive team in place, with a proven track record of developing and launching successful games. Having identified the opportunity through our network, we were attracted by Maze Theory’s ability to secure high profile IP, resulting in a strong slate of reputable titles, each of which have high commercial capabilities. In addition, the team’s ability to develop games across multiple platforms provides the company with diversification and exposure to larger markets.”

Maze Theory did not release any details about their next Doctor Who projects. The company did confirm in April that they are creating content tying into the Doctor Who multimedia crossover event Time Lord Victorious. It seems possible that one or both of these games could be a part of that story, which would mean releasing the game by January. The console game is slated for an "early 2021" release, meaning it could fit inot that window.

INC

Gold Member
I just couldnt watch a whole episode..

Horrific writing, the agenda pushing was too much, and at the end they basically rewrote 50 years of lore and canon

Unless there's an episode where the dr wakes up and it's all been a bad dream, the series is dead.

I'm not even a huge fan (wife is) and even I was like wtf is this shit, every episode was white knighting sjw bullshit

All the new dr episodes need aborting, no issue with a female dr who, because shes fucked it so badly, if there's a new dr, itll never be female again

James Bond take note

Dr.Morris79

Horrific writing, the agenda pushing was too much, and at the end they basically rewrote 50 years of lore and canon

Unless there's an episode where the dr wakes up and it's all been a bad dream, the series is dead.

I'm not even a huge fan (wife is) and even I was like wtf is this shit, every episode was white knighting sjw bullshit

All the new dr episodes need aborting, no issue with a female dr who, because shes fucked it so badly, if there's a new dr, itll never be female again

James Bond take note
Yeah I had a feeling it'd go down the bog after the BBC went full steam pushing more agenda crap.

Hostile_18

Banned
Season 12 has been good so far (I'm watching it now). The two part opening was really good. Season 11 was definitely its weakest run though.

I'd gladly buy the game. I've been meaning to get the PSVR title.

I actually thought of a really good out they could take to just make everything with 13 non canon.

Just have that ring that fell off her finger after she regenerated from 12 have the real doctors essence in it, like how the Master cheated death, and that that was the Rani somehow hijacking his body, then setting about trying to systematically destroy everything the Doctor had ever done or cared about.

Have the Rani and the Naster having worked together on it, and that all they'd claimed was bollocks meant to tatnish the legend of the Time Lords and allow agents posing as the Doctor, like the fat black woman, having been going around causing havoc using his name to do the same to him.

Just have River and soem old companions come back, slap the ring on the Rani and do some timey wimey stuff, the real 13th Doctor kicks her out of his head and regenerates, give a bit of exposition explaining that everything in the Chibnall era was an obvious lie, move on and never look back.

It'll never happen, but as the show is dead to me, that's my personal headcanon now.

Last edited:

GreyHorace

Pfft... I wouldn't trust the current showrunners to make a good show, how can I trust them to work with game developers make a good game? Back during Davies' and Moffat's time would have been perfect for a pretty decent Doctor Who game. But not under Chibnall.

INC

Gold Member
I actually thought of a really good out they could take to just make everything with 13 non canon.

Just have that ring that fell off her finger after she regenerated from 12 have the real doctors essence in it, like how the Master cheated death, and that that was the Rani somehow hijacking his body, then setting about trying to systematically destroy everything the Doctor had ever done or cared about.

Have the Rani and the Naster having worked together on it, and that all they'd claimed was bollocks meant to tatnish the legend of the Time Lords and allow agents posing as the Doctor, like the fat black woman, having been going around causing havoc using his name to do the same to him.

Just have River and soem old companions come back, slap the ring on the Rani and do some timey wimey stuff, the real 13th Doctor kicks her out of his head and regenerates, give a bit of exposition explaining that everything in the Chibnall era was an obvious lie, move on and never look back.

It'll never happen, but as the show is dead to me, that's my personal headcanon now.

This dude sums it hahaha

As a fan of all the Doctors, i would love them to include every one there has been, as well as all the sidekicks, let us choose who to be instead of just going with the current one.

Soodanim

This thread sent me to YouTube looking at clips from the 13th Doctor (it not being on Netflix means I haven't watched any of it). The internet loves to take things out of context and overblow things, but the extra Doctor lady with a police box Tardis and the Timeless Child reveal look like large missteps. Shame.

But I want this thread to get back on the rails, so let's do that. I have wanted to get into the Big Finish type stuff for a while, so this new cross-media storyline sounds interesting. I hope it plays well/the story plays out well. Lots of people working to put out the same story could be fantastic, but it could also easily be mishandled.

Last edited:

INC

Gold Member
This thread sent me to YouTube looking at clips from the 13th Doctor (no Netflix means I haven't watched any of it). The internet loves to take things out of context and overblow things, but the extra Doctor lady with a police box Tardis and the Timeless Child reveal look like large missteps. Shame.

But I want this thread to get back on the rails, so let's do that. I have wanted to get into the Big Finish type stuff for a while, so this new cross-media storyline sounds interesting. I hope it plays well/the story plays out well. Lots of people working to put out the same story could be fantastic, but it could also easily be mishandled.

I'd love a decent point and click dr who game similar broken sword

Top Bottom