• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Does ‘Suicide Squad: Kill The Justice League’ look like a next gen only game?

This is a studio with a high pedigree, Rocksteady. They have made some pretty amazing looking games. Arkham Knight on a good pc still is one of the best looking games out right now. Their new game so far is one of the few next gen exclusives being released next year. Does it satisfy the next gen desire inspire of all the other cross gen games coming out?

Cryio

After 4 years of work, we got Arkham Knight on Unreal 3.

I can't even begin to fathom what they'll deliver with 7 years of work on Unreal 4.

TrueLegend

It does so far. I am not going to shit on it based on youtube compressed videos. Guardians looked awful in trailers and gameplay footage too.

What's the formula? Is it a single player story game or is this like Agents of Mayhem where someone is just telling you to go to objectives?

Last edited:

ButchCat

It's def ambitious in terms of world detail but honestly, outside of cutscenes, it looks pretty last-genish based on the last trailer. The games below were all last-gen and if you focus on the gameplay snippets from the trailer it looks pretty comparable.

PhyE.gif

3S5r.gif

THfH.gif

aHR0cDovL28uYW9sY2RuLmNvbS9oc3Mvc3RvcmFnZS9taWRhcy84ZDhlZjRlMTM5NmY5NTdhN2RjNDE2OTU3OTljYTIwNy8yMDY2NDQ0MjYvc3BpZGV5cmVzLmdpZg==

Last edited:

ANDS

King of Gaslighting
Cyberpunk 2077 didn't "look" like it could only be done on a next-gen console, yet. . .

We'd need to know a lot more about the development process of the game before saying something "looks" like it could also be "old generation."

Fbh

Not really, but the trailer doesn't give a very good look at proper gameplay. It's hard to tell how big these areas area, how much chaos and shit goes on during fights, how many enemies are on screen, etc.

With what little they have shown my guess would be that a last gen version would probably run like avangers, targeting 30fps with consistent drops when things get crazy.

ANDS

King of Gaslighting
what is a next gen game anyways? Stupid buzzword.

I was going to post this, but just figured it means a game that literally CAN'T be done on previous generations which is a silly metric as you can probably fit most next gen games on past gen if you compromise enough (see CP77).

Its just marketing. We dont mention cp here thats incompetence nothing more. Fuck graphics story sucks, politics aaa gaming is done for a while.

ckaneo

No, but to be fair image quality and ray tracing if used are hard to tell from the trailer.

Graphics have gotten to the point that a lot of it is art teams and man power as opposed to the technical limitations of the console

SF Kosmo

Al Jazeera Special Reporter
Not really, I am actually surprised this isn't cross-gen.

That said, I think the game looks super fun, graphics aren't everything.

TonyK

I really thought it was cross gen. I mean, it screams PS4 but in steroids, like Guardians of the Galaxy. But that's ok, what I want to know is of it's a good game or a open world filled with icons.

I really thought it was cross gen. I mean, it screams PS4 but in steroids, like Guardians of the Galaxy. But that's ok, what I want to know is of it's a good game or a open world filled with icons.

I don’t think its open world at all, i think its gonna be a sandbox horde shooter like sunset overdrive

DaGwaphics

It's hard to tell anything from YT at less then 4k, they crush 1080p video so bad now and even 1440p isn't that great. Playing the superhero can always be fun.

mckmas8808

Banned
Those are some nice visuals but that's all that was, a pretty tech demo that didn't ran well to boot.

I'm so glad I'm over my 'graphicswhore' phase lol. I mean honestly these days games, for the most part, look really good anyway. It's not worth sacrificing framerate for those types of visuals imo (unless we can have those at an acceptable level at least).

1. It's a demo
2. If it was a game, they'd have more time to optimise the game.
3. A game that looked like that at a solid 30fps would be awesome!

mckmas8808

Banned
24 fps motion blur? I'd rather eat shit.

Metro Exodus, an actual game, 60 fps, with GI Ray tracing on PS5 is a next-gen type of game, among other recent actual game examples. That shit above is how you impress a toddler.

This is what someone says that is searching for attention. Like come on man.

DaGwaphics

1. It's a demo
2. If it was a game, they'd have more time to optimise the game.
3. A game that looked like that at a solid 30fps would be awesome!

I'm of both minds, I'll take higher frames when offered, but at the same time if the dev needs to target 30 that's fine. We've been playing that way for years. Games with a bunch of quick movements or where you will need to pan the camera right and left quite a bit definitely play better at 60.

Last edited:

Hunnybun

24 fps motion blur? I'd rather eat shit.

Metro Exodus, an actual game, 60 fps, with GI Ray tracing on PS5 is a next-gen type of game, among other recent actual game examples. That shit above is how you impress a toddler.

Metro Exodus looks fucking amazing on next gen. I'd agree that it's much more impressive than the Matrix demo, although I'm sure UE5 will end up producing some amazing games.

Next gen games need to really redesign lighting around RT GI, it's such a leap forward - it's practically a generational leap by itself. The fact that it seems to be achievable at something like 1440p60 as well just makes it a no brainer.

Doom85

Even if it doesn’t, it’ll be nice to just finally play a DC game outside of Batman and Injustice.

ZoukGalaxy

Next Gen or not, the real problem is that's not a Batman and have really zero interest in this IP: trailer and world looks soooo boring.

Sosokrates

Report me if I continue to console war
Those are some nice visuals but that's all that was, a pretty tech demo that didn't ran well to boot.

I'm so glad I'm over my 'graphicswhore' phase lol. I mean honestly these days games, for the most part, look really good anyway. It's not worth sacrificing framerate for those types of visuals imo (unless we can have those at an acceptable level at least).

Yes, graphics are good enough great even since the ps4 pro/1X.
Now I mainly care about games getting more realistic in other ways.

Phil spencer said before seriesX/S were announced that this gen is about how games feel and that last gen games already look near photorealistic.

This is hidden treasure, Phil and other people in the biz will know things we dont.

Top Bottom