• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Does ‘Suicide Squad: Kill The Justice League’ look like a next gen only game?

Doesn't look meaningfully next-gen at all and in general, it looks like shit that nobody asked for.

Of all the D.C. properties that Rocksteady could have worked on, they go and give us this shit?

You'd think that after the abject failure of the SS comics and the movies they would realise that nobody likes this shit and they would stop stubbornly insisting on trying to make it a thing. It's like some exec in warner bros has a raging hard-on for Harley Quinn and just won't hear that the market doesn't give a shit about the Suicide Squad.

8BiTw0LF

Banned
solid 30fps would be awesome!
turn around wtf GIF by Dr. Donna Thomas Rodgers
fox tv GIF by Hell's Kitchen

Yamisan

Not at all, I'm looking forward to it but it looks like a reskin of Marvel Avengers on my old base ps4.

GymWolf

It's a good looking open world for past gen standards.

The compression on that video kills all the details in the city but the characters looks solid enough.

Trailer makes me want to play bad flash, he looks way more fun than the stuff you can play.

I mean, we got a guy who can run so fast he can break through the fabric of space and time, another guy that can fly directly into the sun and only become stronger, a guy that can literally manifest any weapon or object he wants out of thin air, a guy that can make tidal ways….etc

But lets make a game about funny people who shoot things

Last edited:

plushyp

I mean, we got a guy who can run so fast he can break through the fabric of space and time, another guy that can fly directly into the sun and only become stronger, a guy that can literally manifest any weapon or object he wants out of thin air, a guy that can make tidal ways….etc

But lets make a game about funny people who shoot things
This is what's bothering me. I wanted to play AS the Justice League not AGAINST them. I can only imagine the plot armor and ass pulls the writing will include to allow the Suicide Squad to go against them.

Ozriel

M$FT
Doesn't look meaningfully next-gen at all and in general, it looks like shit that nobody asked for.

Of all the D.C. properties that Rocksteady could have worked on, they go and give us this shit?

You'd think that after the abject failure of the SS comics and the movies they would realise that nobody likes this shit and they would stop stubbornly insisting on trying to make it a thing. It's like some exec in warner bros has a raging hard-on for Harley Quinn and just won't hear that the market doesn't give a shit about the Suicide Squad.

Could be worse.

It still leaves me completely flabbergasted that a company was given a choice of a game set in the Lord of The Rings universe and they went with Making a Gollum stealth game 😂

Compared to that, Rocksteady's choices aren't that bad.

Could be worse.

It still leaves me completely flabbergasted that a company was given a choice of a game set in the Lord of The Rings universe and they went with Making a Gollum stealth game 😂

I don’t even care about LoTR and the Gollum game seems far more interesting than suicide squad

IntentionalPun

Ask me about my wife's perfect butthole

Well.. in all.. fairness.. The first movie didn't do terribly, and this game was probably grenlit not long after that.. certainly far before Birds of Prey/the second film.

The entire franchise has been doing less than WB hoped but up until the 2021 release they weren't total bombs or anything.

Could be worse.

Not gonna lie, that Gollum stealth game seems way more interesting than this shit. It's not even close. And that's in spite of the fact that the Gollum game itself seems vapid.

Well.. in all.. fairness.. The first movie didn't do terribly, and this game was probably grenlit not long after that.. certainly far before Birds of Prey/the second film.

The entire franchise has been doing less than WB hoped but up until the 2021 release they weren't total bombs or anything.

I suppose you're right. I just think WB should have got the message by the underperformance of the first movie that people love comic-book superheroes because of the heroes... not the villains.

And even then, the choice of villains in this SS game is probably the dullest and worst possible pick of Batman villains... ever. And Batman has some of the greatest villains of any superhero franchise.

2 years into next gen and we can't even all agree if it exists yet or not lol.

If thats not diminishing returns I dont know what is. The focus should be on gameplay. Graphics are going to be similar to what we've had on PS4's best games.

Top Bottom