• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Does any one rent Gameboys?

suaveric

I picked up 4 Swords this week and I'm having fun playing through it, but I'm doing it all by myself. I have friends that would play it wih me, but none of them own GBAs and they're not about to run out to buy one for this game. The only solution I can come up with is renting Gameboys, but I'm not sure if that's even possible.

Am I screwed? Should I look for new Nintendo-worshiping friends?

suaveric

I DO have a GBA SP, it's my loser friends who don't. They don't game nearly enough to own one, they're casual weekend warriors.

Why would anyone spend any amount of money on a standard GBA is beyond me. Unless you plan on installing a light in it, which would add to the cost.

Bebpo

Banned
heh, I know the feeling.

I have friends who I can play 4 swords with but none have GBAs. In fact I don't know more than 1 person in my city that owns a GBA :\ I guess if you don't travel and aren't a hardcore gamer than there's no reason to own handheld systems. Then again none of my friends who play games own consoles either :(

I ended up buying a 2nd GBA SP for my brother and trading my Steel Battalion for a 3rd GBA SP with a friend just so I could do 3-player 4 swords :\ Still can't play 4 player because I can't get a hold of a 4th GBA >_<

neptunes

Same way I felt when FF:CC came out.

I had the friends, I just didn't have the hardware.

They either have ps2 or xbox, I'm the only guy with a GC.

suaveric

Ok, so I guess I'm looking for some new gameboy owning friends in the Chicago area. The closer you live to the city, the better :)

Musashi Wins!

FLAWLESS VICTOLY!
GBA's are on sale used at Gamestop for 29.99 (hope that's national heh heh). Might be worth buying a couple if you could get them to play CC.

sc0la

Unconfirmed Member
neptunes said:
Same way I felt when FF:CC came out.

I had the friends, I just didn't have the hardware.

They either have ps2 or xbox, I'm the only guy with a GC.
portip: you needed extra GBAs not GCs to play FF:CC ;)

just kidding with you.

Seriously though, have any of you considered adoption? I am sure they still have some leftover kids that are at an age which they can both feed themselves and appreciate a little fourswords action.

Top Bottom