• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Does GAF like gay guys and girls? Are we welcome here?

Status
Not open for further replies.
He is really into feet

09ZNrQx.png

Papa

Banned
Here's the thing, sexual orientation is an important aspect of someone's identity like it or not.

It's the homophobes who immediately reduce a person to their sexual identity, and nothing but that singular attribute, whenever that person states they are non-binary.

1) Non-binary is not a sexuality.

2) It’s about as real as the Easter Bunny.

3) Homophobes aren’t the only ones who are reducing people to their sexual identity. That’s precisely the problem. You cannot have equality when people still classify themselves by their group identity. All you’ve done is invert the totem pole. Liberalism is about chopping the damn thing down.

Ailynn

Faith - Hope - Love
There has been a lot posted around leading me to believe we are an unwanted group on this forum.. and I'd like to hear from forum members about this.

There are going to be some posts from some members that may cause you some discomfort, but this forum by and large is very cool and accepting of most every walk of life. If any post breaks the rules or really tears at you, it can always be reported.

So long as people are respectful of other viewpoints, don't express any blatant narcissism, and don't show a victim mentality or entitlement to special treatment...everyone gets along great here. :)

I understand the concerns after much of what some people say about this place, but don't worry. Take it from a born-again Christian transsexual woman - NeoGAF has love for all. ❤

jufonuk

not tag worthy
My view is everyone is welcome here . So long as they are not being a cunt.
I said cunt not cunth.

Last edited:

DKehoe

It’s hard to define a whole community as being one thing. There’s definitely homophobic posters here on GAF, as unfortunate as it is to admit. People who will talk about thinking being gay is unnatural and a choice. There’s also talk of how gay and trans people apparently have some agenda to indoctrinate people. I’m not gay but I can’t imagine that’s the most welcoming stuff to read if you are. It’s a pity it is this way but it’s the reality of GAF not being as restrictive as it used to be, you gotta take the bad with the good if you want that. But that’s certainly not all we are. Like I said you can’t really label a whole community as one thing. Have a look around and see if this seems like the kind of place you would enjoy. You’re more than welcome to become part of our community. The more people we have joining in the better.

Last edited:
If you feel your need to express your sexual identity eclipses your need to engage sincerely using reason, rationality and respect then you may find this community is not a good fit for you.

If you believe your immutable characteristics earn your views rights, excuses and protections that those with different immutable characteristics are not privvy to then you may find this community is not a good fit for you.

If you conflate engagement with validation then this community may not be a good fit for you.

If MiyazakiHatesKojima MiyazakiHatesKojima tags you in any comment then call a lawyer.

If you feel your need to express your sexual identity eclipses your need to engage sincerely using reason, rationality and respect then you may find this community is not a good fit for you.

If you believe your immutable characteristics earn your views rights, excuses and protections that those with different immutable characteristics are not privvy to then you may find this community is not a good fit for you.

If you conflate engagement with validation then this community may not be a good fit for you.

If MiyazakiHatesKojima MiyazakiHatesKojima tags you in any comment then call a lawyer.

k5RejLV.jpg

LMJ

Gay folks are more than welcome , but if you're one of those dour assholes, you best head for the hill...don't need their "kind" around here...

All joking aside Gaf gets a bad rep both from its past, and currently from shall we say less than fair representation from other forums cough resetera

This place is one of the most open minded and accepting forums I've ever been on, just have a tough skin, remember ANYTHING can be the butt of a joke (just look above), and there's no safe spaces here and you'll fit in splendidly: D

Last edited:

-Arcadia-

Banned
OP, you seem like a nice guy, but also a little bit soft (emotionally) in my observations, which makes me question where this is coming from. Did someone say something legitimately offensive, or did you interpret it that way?

I suspect it might be the latter, especially given that you’re new to this community.

Generally, while this community is a rollicking ball of offensiveness, it’s all in good fun and with no hard feelings meant towards any group. In the age of no context, where surface-level observations reign supreme, people have been trained to interpret that as hate, but it’s not, and never was.

I don’t want to brush you off, so providing some examples may be the way to go here. That said, actual stuff like that, I’ve noticed, tends to be nonexistent on this forum, or quickly dealt with.

Either way, you should be assured that most of us don’t particularly care about your personal life choices, hetero or homo, or whatever. We care about what you contribute to the board.

Clear

CliffyB's Cock Holster
Form your own opinion OP, but seems pretty evident to me that this place isn't the wretched hive of scum and villainy that certain other more politicized communities would have you believe.

But then, its also a bitter truth that as a gay MAN, those same places would very likely treat you more prejudicially because of your group's relatively high privilege within the intersectional hierarchy!

Last edited:

GamingKaiju

Just like irl I don’t give a shit if you’re gay, trans, straight or what your kinks are. It’s the substance of what makes you, you that I’m more interested in and if I’m honest fuck identity politics bunch of whiny ass libtards always looking to play the victim or virtue signal looking for those virtual likes are normally the biggest hypocrites out there.

Last edited:

JordanN

Banned
Identity Politics never works. This is completely different from accepting someone.
I only have to look at the most liberal cities on earth to understand that not even they can create the perfect utopia despite promising every... single... time... "It's going to work this time".

Personally, if I was gay, I honestly wouldn't make it my job to care or get others to accept me, since I'll always understand there just may be a segment of the population who wont like me for whatever reason.
I can actually relate in that I'm Atheist and already understand that there are several countries that would hang me for my beliefs. Do I still hate these countries or force them to accept my belief? Lol no.

I rather look for other reasons to get people to accept me. Like improving my character. It doesn't matter if you're Gay or Atheist if you still act like a nice person, generally work hard and even manage to make other people jealous of you. Like Apple's CEO Tim Cook is gay. Even if there are people who dislike his orientation, do you think there are people who wouldn't wish for the wealth he is? Unless you're a Communist, the answer is most likely "no".

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom