• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Does GAF like gay guys and girls? Are we welcome here?

Status
Not open for further replies.

DESTROYA

There has been a lot posted around leading me to believe we are an unwanted group on this forum.. and I'd like to hear from forum members about this.
Not sure where you get that from but we care less about your sexuality than most every other forum, sure we joke around about some stupid stuff but it’s mostly harmless fun and not serious.
No one cares which way you swing and nobody would even care or know unless you bring it up.

Werewolf Jones

Gold Member
People make gay jokes on GAF and it's funny, seen a few people who unironically think it's bad but they get dealt with if they go in too hard. There's been trans jokes too but speaking out right negatively upon them also gets dealt with so you're good.

I try to post some gay shit as jokes sometimes, no time to be offended. I like to mess with hetero GAF.

Gargus

Banned
What we dont like around are fucking stupid, closed minded, agenda driven, morons. And we dont discriminate against them either, if you're one of those folks we dont care if you're a black gay tranny woman trapped in a man's body that's trapped in a womans body we still won't like you just the same as we would if you were just a straight white guy.

So if you're friendly, willing to talk, not here to shove some bullshit agenda down people's throat, dont rant and preach about whatever it is you're into, are considerate and so on then you won't have a problem here.

Here's the thing, sexual orientation is an important aspect of someone's identity like it or not.

It's the homophobes who immediately reduce a person to their sexual identity, and nothing but that singular attribute, whenever that person states they are non-binary.

No ones sexuality here is important to me because were all internet strangers here. We dont know eachother. There are over 7 billion people on this planet, no one has the capacity to give a shit about the sexuality of all those people. At best you may only care about the sexuality of maybe 8 people.

So I won't pretend like I care about yours or anyone else here. Your sexuality has nothing to do with anything here just like you dont care about mine. Because unless we are specifically talking about sex it doesn't matter.

But in reverse if all you're doing is propping someone up for their sexuality and discussing it then that's just as bad because you're still focusing on it.

If we all just shut up about sexuality and stop publicly swinging it around and just keep it to ourselves and the people we have sex with it wouldnt be an issue anymore. Because it's really no ones business but yours and the person or persons you're fucking. Much like racism would go away if we just stopped talking about it and started calling eachother by our names instead of a white man or a black woman. We have these kinds of issues because people keep making them issues.

JordanN

Banned
Another way to look at this is: did you sign up for a website because you're interested in the discussion, or because of your orientation?

When I first joined GAF, I didn't care for anything but the Gaming discussion. I saw the leaks, insiders, that was priority #1 to be apart of this community first hand. Not what my penis is attracted to.

Everything else about politics and shit came later but even still, gaming should be the number one reason for why you might be interested.

Last edited:

MetalAlien

Banned
09ZNrQx.png
THAT'S BRAP!
source.gif

Last edited:
D

Deleted member 17706

Unconfirmed Member
Legit homophobes who are aggressive about it would be banned, so I'd say you're as welcome as anyone else.

#Phonepunk#

Banned
gay people are fine and 100% welcome.

never had a problem with gay folks irl. wonderful people.

generally what people do during sexy time is none of my business. i think this is how it is for most people.

Super Mario

Banned
As a Conservative, I can honestly say there is no hate against gay people from me, or the majority of Conservatives. One of my best friends in the past was gay. It didn't bother me at all, but it didn't mean I was going to take to my local downtown and wave a big rainbow flag at everyone. What we are intolerant of is forcing that culture on everyone. Special treatment, flamboyant pride parades, etc. All tactics of the left to get both sides to fight.

Whitecrow

Banned
Just to add my two cents, half of my office are gays, and I love them, they are wonderful as any person can be.

The problem is, if gays, (or trans) let themselves be controlled by their fears, and are constantly pissing off people talking about politics and identities, people get tired, even angry.
Just like anyone talking constantly about their problems to everyone ends up being alone.

The only thing we care about here is being nice to others. End of the story.

My care level for how people smash their mushy parts is so nonexistent that it has folded in upon itself and created a black hole obliterating any and all fucks. Basically you do you. Scissor that vagina or suck all them dicks if you want. Have fun, live, be happy and be good to those around you. Do what you do and be a good person.
Now on the other hand, if "you doing you" is virtue signaling; spreading judgement; hypersensitivity; leveling up your woke rep; creating drama; identity politics; being on either side of the extreme political spectrum, alt-right or ultra left *ult-left*, that's fine, keep doing that. Though do it somewhere else.

F

Foamy

Unconfirmed Member
I couldn't care less wither someone's sexual preference is gays, giraffes or end tables.
Just dont be obnoxious about it like all gay this, gay that, trans people everything.

appaws

Banned
I don't think there has been any problem accepting gay people here since the split with REEEE. I mean, I am a traditionalist Catholic and far-rightist and I have never had any problem getting along with anyone. We might argue ferociously but I would like to think I could go argue politics over a few Rolling Rocks with anyone here and be friends.

As long as people realize that a sincerely expressed opinion against the teachings of modernist egalitarianism is not equal to "hate" or "fear" then we really have nothing to worry about here. When you go down that road, you become REEEEE really fast. Go read any thread there about any controversial social issue...it is super boring. Every single poster just agrees and amplifies some pre-established acceptable opinion.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom