• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Dominic West Joins "Tomb Raider" movie

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ross61

http://www.hollywoodreporter.com/heat-vision/dominic-west-joins-alicia-vikander-tomb-raider-943069

Dominic West has been cast to play Lara Croft’s father in MGM and Warner Bros.’s reboot of Tomb Raider.

Alicia Vikander is starring as the popular video game character, an archeologist-adventurer, while Roar Uthaug (The Wave) is on board to direct.

The film follows Lara Croft as she sets out on her first expedition to finish her father's research and uncover ancient secrets in order to clear his disgraced name.

Croft’s father, Lord Richard Croft, is a key figure in the Raider mythos and is an aristocrat and archeologist. (Jon Voight played the character in the Angelina Jolie-starring Raider movies.) It's not the first time West has played the father to Vikander's character — he took on the same role in the 2014 drama Testament of Youth.

Walton Goggins and Daniel Wu also are attached to MGM and Warner's reboot.

MGM and Warner Bros. are co-producing the film, with MGM overseeing production. The studios acquired the rights from GK Films, which had previously purchased the film rights in 2011 from Square Enix Ltd. Graham King is producing.

West currently stars on Showtime’s series The Affair, which is airing its third season. Known for starring on HBO’s hit series The Wire, his film credits include Jodie Foster’s Money Monster and Genius opposite Colin Firth and Jude Law. He’s repped by WME and Tavistock Wood Management in the U.K.

Slaythe

I don't expect anything out of "this" but...

They did pick actors that usually pick projects they care about more than they look after their next pay checks.

What Walton Goggins said makes me confident.

We'll see !

McNulty has been doing fantastic work on the affair right now. Best lead actor on tv at the moment

You know I'm really fucking with this cast right now. Quite good. But then AC had a good cast too. Lol

Still I'm giving it a shot. Have to see it in theaters for goggins villain

yDiiq2j.gif

I have no interest in Tomb Raider and have never played any of them but as a big fan of Dominic West and Walter Goggins I am in. The Wave was a great tense disaster thriller too. Some of the claustrophobic moments....yikes. Sounds like it's in good hands.

I'm just trying to imagine the fucking boardroom meeting that ended in "Yeah! Let's reboot the Tomb Raider Cinematic Universe," and nobody asked "Why?"

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom