• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Don’t Nod Project 12 Will Be a Brand New Large Scale Action RPG

Lunatic_Gamer

Gold Member
Project-12.jpg

Don’t Nod has revealed they are developing a brand new large-scale action RPG known internally as Project 12. The self-published game seems to be in the early stages of development as the developer revealed it will not be released until 2025 at the earliest.

Few other details about Project 12 were revealed, although it will be a larger-scale game that is “richer in terms of game mechanics and allowing players to immerse themselves in even more-engaging stories.” Project 12 was mentioned separately to the Vampyr IP, so is not believed to be a sequel to that game, nor is it the game being co-developed with Tiny Bull Studios. The good news is that Don’t Nod has increased the amount of money available to develop its action RPG thanks to a $35 million investment from Tencent, and this will allow the team to “step up in terms of production value.”

Project 12 is one of eight games in progress at the studio. Both Banishers: Ghosts of New Eden and the newly-revealed Harmony: The Fall of Reverie will be released in 2023. Between this year and 2025, the company also intends to release four original games as well as the two games they are co-producing with Tiny Bull studios and Studio Tolima. Project 12 is planned for “beyond 2025”.

Myths

I mean… it’s in development but this isn’t saying anything. Devs gotta cut out announcing what’s in development man, tell us more when there’s some actual foundation and structure in the “hype beast” game mechanics that’s being bragged about.

Husky

THE Prey 2 fanatic
Vampyr's certainly my favorite Don't Nod game (still not used to the new name), and I've been real excited for Banishers ever since I learned about it. I liked the first Life is Strange, but I'm really glad they're not sticking to that genre as tight as Telltale did.
I have high hopes.

Mr Reasonable

Completely Unreasonable
I mean… it’s in development but this isn’t saying anything. Devs gotta cut out announcing what’s in development man, tell us more when there’s some actual foundation and structure in the “hype beast” game mechanics that’s being bragged about.
They're probably not announcing it for your benefit. It's more likely to be about telling industry rather than consumers. It might even be a legal requirement as part of accepting an investment from ten cent. I don't think this is part of the press and pr campaign.

I sort of agree with you though, it'd be better if we didn't live in a world where clicks were more important than having something to say. I think all these little news sites that just copy each other or just share press releases are a big part of the problem tbh. But to stay in business, they've got to keep putting content up.

Last edited:

StueyDuck

Will be interesting to see them go back to making a real game instead of their politically charged, choose one of 3 sentences games.

Remember Me was flawed but had potential and was overall an OK to good time to play

EDIT: Completely forgot they made vampyr another flawed yet OK to good time game

Last edited:

VN1X

Banned
Huh? I thought it was this one:

EDIT: Ah never mind, it's mentioned in the article that it's yet another new game along side this one. Weird. Big studio now apparently.

Last edited:

mdkirby

Hopefully its good. I really like the type of game they make but find the specific games underwhelming. I was really looking forward to twin mirror when it was first announced, looked like a great twin peaks like narrative adventure game. Then it went quiet for years, delayed, then released with zero fan fare to really dire reviews. Hopefully the Tencent money gets them on their game....

Ozriel

M$FT

Announcement also helps with recruiting.

Top Bottom