• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Donations are a from of Masturbation - here is why

Okay Folks here is it - a Thread totally disconnected from Video Games.. Over are the Discussions about CUs and RDNA² and Raytracing...

So.. i always thought about donating or personaly helping out someone in need is some form of Masturbation. If you helping out a homeless Person by buying a Meal somewhere, you doing good and the suprised Guy on the recieving end is happy. All good so far. But in your mind , the next few moments you are not thinking about what Movie you wanna watch that evening. Your mind is still occupied with your good deed just a few moments ago. And if you can afford it , you can do it again and again. But if you can easily afford it its helping you out just as it helps the poor.
It would call that in blatant way - a form of masturbation.
Real well doing and donating is therefore - at least in my opinion only true and honest if you actually cannot easily afford it. It is also much more meaningfull that way.
What are your Standpoint on this?

Ha sorry that was meant to be a joke - as in he tried to persuade me to jack him off.
1326517122-fullmetaljjacket.jpg

Last edited:

TheInfamousKira

Reseterror Resettler
Okay Folks here is it - a Thread totally disconnected from Video Games.. Over are the Discussions about CUs and RDNA² and Raytracing...

So.. i always thought about donating or personaly helping out someone in need is some form of Masturbation. If you helping out a homeless Person by buying a Meal somewhere, you doing good and the suprised Guy on the recieving end is happy. All good so far. But in your mind , the next few moments you are not thinking about what Movie you wanna watch that evening. Your mind is still occupied with your good deed just a few moments ago. And if you can afford it , you can do it again and again. But if you can easily afford it its helping you out just as it helps the poor.
It would call that in blatant way - a form of masturbation.
Real well doing and donating is therefore - at least in my opinion only true and honest if you actually cannot easily afford it. It is also much more meaningfull that way.
What are your Standpoint on this?

I read that initially as "I've always thought of helping someone out with some form of masturbation,"

Other than that, I agree with your point.

If you're a narcissist.

IntentionalPun

Ask me about my wife's perfect butthole
People deriving pleasure from being nice is a good thing as pleasure is something that motivates people.

The only thing to be weary of are people who do nice things and try to make you feel like or say you are indebted to them.

I actually tell people who are taken aback by my generosity “giving people things makes me feel good” because it’s not some ulterior motive it’s just the truth and I don’t want people to worry about paying me back in some way.

ironically if it’s a friend I occasionally say “giving people things makes my dick hard.”

Last edited:

*Nightwing

Like most things context and motivation matters:

-doing it for the virtue signaling points but doesn’t really care = masturbation

-helping people to help them cause they need it with no thought on how it impacts of affects you = proper charity

What is it called if I jerk off a homeless guy?

The Gutter Punk Shuffle? Box Car Harry’s Handy? Bumming the Meat? Choking the vagabond chicken? The Down-and-out on the down-and-out? Milking for Skid Row Dairy? Sticky Charity?

Xerographica

Neo Member
Warm-glow giving is like masturbation...? Hmmm... Just because it gives you pleasure? Warm-glow giving is like playing video games... or eating ice cream?

Maybe warm-glow giving is more like giving your crush a foot massage. You're making a sacrifice, but you're enjoying it.

Oh my gosh. you are right. I will stop giving to the homeless cause unless it hurts me to do so the action is meaningless. I dont want to be a dirty masterbator who gives homeless people 20 dollar bills.

niilokin

sorry op but I don't get sexual gratification from picking up groceries for my mom

edit: o you talking about donations well still not even a drop of precum from donating to disabled people's help centre

Last edited:
I mean, I get what you are saying but most people would be lying if they said they didn't get any satisfaction out of helping other people. It's ok to feel good when you help other people, no matter how small the act is. The people you have to watch out for are the ones who do it for social media attention.

IntentionalPun

Ask me about my wife's perfect butthole
sorry op but I don't get sexual gratification from picking up groceries for my mom

edit: o you talking about donations well still not even a drop of precum from donating to disabled people's help centre
Have you tried maybe edging for a week and then donating?

Azurro

Banned
Oh my gosh. you are right. I will stop giving to the homeless cause unless it hurts me to do so the action is meaningless. I dont want to be a dirty masterbator who gives homeless people 20 dollar bills.

So you give them 20 bucks AND you masturbate them? You are a mighty nice person. ;)

Being serious for a second, I actually don't give money to homeless people. As nice as it is in the moment for them, giving them money doesn't fix their status, it just enables them to continue living on the street. I'd be down for helping them get hygiene and a job though.

FunkMiller

Gold Member
No OP, you can’t jerk off over homeless people. Stop it.

Also, please look up the definition of the word masturbation. There’s really not much wiggle room in terms of its use.

Last edited:
So you give them 20 bucks AND you masturbate them? You are a mighty nice person. ;)

Being serious for a second, I actually don't give money to homeless people. As nice as it is in the moment for them, giving them money doesn't fix their status, it just enables them to continue living on the street. I'd be down for helping them get hygiene and a job though.

I think it is debatable whether you should give them money, sometimes I do, sometimes I don't. My area has a lot of homeless, and they are mostly either severe drug addicts, or individuals with such deep mental issues it seems like they do not understand who or what they are. Either way they are not getting help they need. I ocasionally give because I think it is a good thing to do regardless of whether it will fix their situation.

GeekyDad

What is it called if I jerk off a homeless guy?
I guess it would depend on the homeless guy's feelings on the matter. If he/she doesn't want you to be jerking him/her off, it's probably called rape. If he/she approves of it, then I'd say you can call it charity.

haxan7

Volunteered as Tribute
I guess it would depend on the homeless guy's feelings on the matter. If he/she doesn't want you to be jerking him/her off, it's probably called rape. If he/she approves of it, then I'd say you can call it charity.
either way, make sure you wash your hands afterwards.

Top Bottom