• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Don't listen to the doom and gloom surrounding CP2077 on XSX/PS5: If you have a next gen console and want this game, get this game

FeldMonster

Just thought I'd mention in my 15 hours spent in the game I've only had 2 software crashes, no other bugs to report of, no noticeable frame drops, slightly blurry Res but that isn't a deal breaker.

It isn't the best experience, but it's still damn good, PC, Series X and PS5 are the only places to play this game and have fun with it.
Reviews are quite positive on Stadia as well. If someone out there only has a base console, and can't wait to play, Stadia might be the best option.

I find it hilarious how greater than 1080p is unplayable for some people now. :messenger_tears_of_joy:

For me it does not feel too long ago that I was playing games like GTA at sub 720p on my PS3.

Hell even "masterpiece" level games like ICO at lower than 480p on my PS2!
In fairness those games didn't use TAA which really doesn't fare well at lower resolutions...

Fbh

Nothing wrong with enjoying the game on next gen consoles.

But if you can wait, at some point next year there's going to be a better version for like half the price.

Woggleman

I am playing the game on OneX and it isn't a quarter as bad as people are saying it is. It has some bugs but like I always say so did San Andreas when it first released on PS2 and that is one of the most beloved open world of all time. HDR is crap but so far only Sony exclusives seem to do it right anyway. Sony must help them out or something.

Blond

Banned
Yes I have a PS5

Yes I’m going to buy the PS5 version when it actually releases

But the fact the game is in the shape it is in the first place shouldn’t be a thing. If the game was outgrowing the console’s they developed on to the point the PC version has an optimization setting in the menu for spinning drives then they should’ve canceled it like The Witcher 3.

No amount of optimization can fix this, it’s not possible because even the system requirements are more akin to enhanced last gen console’s than the base ones.

So no, unless you have a next gen or enhanced last gen console save your money and don’t buy something that performs like Zelda 64

Last edited:
I find it hilarious how greater than 1080p is unplayable for some people now. :messenger_tears_of_joy:

For me it does not feel too long ago that I was playing games like GTA at sub 720p on my PS3.

Hell even "masterpiece" level games like ICO at lower than 480p on my PS2!

Blame 4k TVs.

Being a graphics snob doesn’t help either. 1440p or checkerboard 4k is pretty much bare minimum to get a clean image on 2160p.

Ivory Samoan

Gold Member
What kind of cope is this? The game is buggy and sucks for some people, so you should probably wait until a patch fixes it. We've gone from games being released and downgraded for the older gen to games being released and downgraded for the newer gen. LOL No wonder they continue to do this with consumers such as yourself.
He's legitimately having a great time so now he's a bad consumer?

Sure, last gen seems to be shitbags galore, but it seems to run fine for most on current Gen - which is what he's saying. No ones saying that PS4/X1S isn't a dumpster fire, but that it's good on BC with PS5/X1S, or at least has the ability to be great, as seen here.

I'm playing on PC and bloody loving it, but yeah... guess we're super blessed by the looks.

This ain't even funny. Shit like this is why the gaming community sucks, and constantly gets ripped off. Dude is trying to sell others the game by telling his audience, "You knew it would be old gen on your next gen console" and "Buy now, but you'll have to do all this extra config shit to make it work. Might need 30 patches too." LOL

If ya'll weren't such "consumers", this game would've been complete and fleshed out already, but I digress. Have fun paying another $60 to unlock the full game, hypebeast

Why would anyone have to pay another $60 to "unlock the full game"? The upgrade is free. And how could anyone claim to be ripped off? There is more than enough information out about the game by now, if you buy it and end up disappointed that's on you brodongle.

Last edited:

Golgo 13

The Man With The Golden Dong
Anyone else played in the last few hours on PS5 since the patch dropped? If so, notice any other improvements (frame rate, resolution, textures, etc)?

Gandora64

Neo Member
I'm close to 30 hours in and the game has not crashed a single time.
And i had.....shit i stopped counting, but it was over 4 crashes on the PS4

yeah that's normal, the ps4 is last gen
NO, i paid for a product that was announced over 7 years ago, my console was less than 3 years old at that time, either release a finished product on my console or don't release it at all.

This is easily shaping up to be one of the best gaming experiences I've ever had in my entire life, and I'm playing on a XSX.

If you were to browse various forums or Reddit, you would think this game is unplayable. Lots of people are comparing the next gen footage to top tier PC footage and bitching about the differences. Seriously?

I'm close to 30 hours in and the game has not crashed a single time. The biggest bug I've experienced is that V was momentarily bald while looking into the mirror. Outside of that, some items can be a PITA to pick up (this does get fairly annoying at times, but far from game breaking).

The world building and writing in this game is unparalleled. Within the first 10 hours, the game had me crying (those of you who have finished Act 1 probably know what I'm referring to).

The only other time I've sought out side quests to this degree is in Yakuza 0. The amount of content in this game is absurd. I spent most of the day yesterday doing side quests and when I decided to turn the game off at 3am, I still had 32 unfinished side quests.

I can't vouch for the PS5 version, but if it's even nearly as playable as the XSX version, it is worth your time.

If you plan on using HDR, I would recommend adjusting the game HDR settings to the below:

Max bright - 850
Paper white - 170
Tone map 0.65

This alone made a HUGE difference in how the game looks for me. I also hear that some people are getting improved visuals by simply turning off HDR, but the above settings seem to make the game look great to me.

This is a game one can easily replay many, many, many times. No reason not to play it now and then give it another go once the next gen patch comes out.

At the end of the day, you are playing a game released for previous gen consoles. You knew this going into it. If you go in with these expectations, you should be more than satisfied with the performance you get on a XSX/PS5. Given that I was expecting to play xbox one x game on my XSX, my expectations have been far exceeded.

Just wanted to make this thread because it would be a bloody shame if some people who were excited for this game are now missing out because they decided to believe all the doom and gloom BS floating around the internet. The game is amazing. Play it.
30 hours in and the game has been out 48 hours. Sleep brother lol.

DJTHEGREY

The biggest bug I've experienced is that V was momentarily bald while looking into the mirror. Outside of that, some items can be a PITA to pick up (this does get fairly annoying at times, but far from game breaking).

Playing on XSX this is my experience as well. I looked in the mirror wondering why I was bald 😂😂. Outside of that game runs smoothly. I prefer the higher frame rate and I've yet to experience all the complaints I've heard about this game. Glad someone said something.

Ktotheroc

Neo Member
He's legitimately having a great time so now he's a bad consumer?

Sure, last gen seems to be shitbags galore, but it seems to run fine for most on current Gen - which is what he's saying. No ones saying that PS4/X1S isn't a dumpster fire, but that it's good on BC with PS5/X1S, or at least has the ability to be great, as seen here.

I'm playing on PC and bloody loving it, but yeah... guess we're super blessed by the looks.

He's a jackass for guilt-tripping the people he's trying to convince to buy a half-assed game. Him having a great time is irrelevant, when there's a multitude of problems with this game that need to be patched, especially on consoles. If I buy a brand new PS5 game, why would I expect it to run like a PS4 game? That's the shit he tried to defend, despite a majority of the game footage for this game being PC, where it works the best. It's deceptive, because a majority of the bugs and problems occur on console.

Why would anyone have to pay another $60 to "unlock the full game"? The upgrade is free. And how could anyone claim to be ripped off? There is more than enough information out about the game by now, if you buy it and end up disappointed that's on you brodongle.

There will be microtransactions and DLC in this game. I know the fanboys will be spending more $$$ on stupid shit that should've been unlockable or in-game already. Also, they've used mostly PC footage up to release, which is why bugs/problems weren't seen as much. PC works best, and consoles work the worst with this game. "There's more than enough information out" <---- Yes....................................because the game has released lol

Couldn't agree more, I'm actually quite bewildered by all the negativity surrounding this game, I think it looks and plays amazingly.

it makes me wonder if we just don't want nice things lol

I mean as a gamer i feel scared, this title is what...gaming is kinda about. ambition and pushing shit.

yet here we are not giving Watch dogs and AC nearly the same level of negativity.

you have a game thats literally shitting on everyone and it's like gamers dont like seeing a game do that lol so they gotta bring it down.

He's a jackass for guilt-tripping the people he's trying to convince to buy a half-assed game. Him having a great time is irrelevant, when there's a multitude of problems with this game that need to be patched, especially on consoles. If I buy a brand new PS5 game, why would I expect it to run like a PS4 game? That's the shit he tried to defend, despite a majority of the game footage for this game being PC, where it works the best. It's deceptive, because a majority of the bugs and problems occur on console.

how is it half assed when it's shitting on the majority of games that are out. as a game.

what game on xbox are you going to play thats going to make cyberpunk look half assed. what masterpiece are you playing that shits all over cyberpunk, please ket me know so i can add it to my log. better be good though.

I agree. The game has a lot of shortcomings, graphical and functional alike, but it's still an incredibly ambitious, addictive and fascinating experience that just keeps me in awe most of the time. It's a one of a kind experience of a quality that makes you simply not care about the many issues it has.

On the other hand, if you're only marginally interested in this product and fear no spoilers, you can definitely wait a year or two. Game will be patched by then, it will have next-gen features, it will be optimized and it will be expanded with the glaring omissions it currently has probably (eg. no customizing your character after the start). While this game starts at an undeniably higher point, this will be a transformative game like No Man's Sky or Siege, two games that you can barely recognize now if you compare to launch. The console versions in particular.

dorkimoe

The problem with the title of this thread is you’re only talking to next gen owners. This game was a current gen game and unacceptable in its current state.

Ktotheroc

Neo Member
how is it half assed when it's shitting on the majority of games that are out. as a game.

what game on xbox are you going to play thats going to make cyberpunk look half assed. what masterpiece are you playing that shits all over cyberpunk, please ket me know so i can add it to my log. better be good though.

It's shitting on every game out, yet a large portion of its player base can't play it, due to the rampant amount of bugs and problems. It's half assed, because shit like that should've been fixed with 8 YEARS OF DEVELOPMENT. They dropped a large day one patch, but the next gen are stuck playing an old gen game, until a patch comes for that lol You must like getting fucked by game companies, huh?

I nearly got caught in the ripperdoc bug and went on to play an hour. My very last autosave was entering his space and saved my ass.

Exhilarating. Kinda had a blast in the city when I thought the goal was to earn money.

Everytime in Lizzies I save T posing Lady. I save her life, but last time she said I had a gun as she ran away in terror. I also have the sticky UI elements. This game is a mess.

That was my experience on ps5 too.
Anyone else played in the last few hours on PS5 since the patch dropped? If so, notice any other improvements (frame rate, resolution, textures, etc)?
Played a couple of hours since the update with no crash on ps5.
Image is less blurry and it looks like they changed something with the light effects too.
Looks better and promising for next updates.

What kind of cope is this? The game is buggy and sucks for some people, so you should probably wait until a patch fixes it. We've gone from games being released and downgraded for the older gen to games being released and downgraded for the newer gen. LOL No wonder they continue to do this with consumers such as yourself.

This ain't even funny. Shit like this is why the gaming community sucks, and constantly gets ripped off. Dude is trying to sell others the game by telling his audience, "You knew it would be old gen on your next gen console" and "Buy now, but you'll have to do all this extra config shit to make it work. Might need 30 patches too." LOL

If ya'll weren't such "consumers", this game would've been complete and fleshed out already, but I digress. Have fun paying another $60 to unlock the full game, hypebeast

Two thumbs up for truth.

The number of times I've heard "gamers" say that they really dislike something about a game, only to then say "but I'm still gonna buy it day 1!" is just sickening.

Imagine growing a backbone and demanding the highest quality from the products you want up front (aka witholding a sale)...instead of just childishly projecting as much as you can to avoid buyer's remorse.

There will be microtransactions and DLC in this game. I know the fanboys will be spending more $$$ on stupid shit that should've been unlockable or in-game already. Also, they've used mostly PC footage up to release, which is why bugs/problems weren't seen as much. PC works best, and consoles work the worst with this game. "There's more than enough information out" <---- Yes....................................because the game has released lol

No one has a gun to your head saying to buy it day one if you feel you dont have enough information about the console versions? If you feel you need to know more try having some discipline and hold off on buying it. People these days really have a lack of self responsibility eh? Time to stop pointing fingers everywhere else but yourself, take responsibility for buying the console version without knowing enough about it and being disappointed.

Not sure where you are getting the microtransaction stuff from, the game doesn't have any. As for dlc, well...yeah maybe. Like most modern games released today. I'd be i terested i hearing your theory on what content was held back for dlc that should've been in the main gsme though.

If I buy a brand new PS5 game, why would I expect it to run like a PS4 game?

This isn't a ps5 game though? It has never been marketed as a ps5 game. Everyone who took some responsibility for themselves wouldve known months ago that this game at launch will be played using backwards compatibility and the next gen versions will come at some point next year as a free upgrade.

You seem really clueless to what you're whining about. Claiks of microtransactions and it being a ps5 game and all that. Not healthy to be this miserable. Cheer up.

Two thumbs up for truth.

The number of times I've heard "gamers" say that they really dislike something about a game, only to then say "but I'm still gonna buy it day 1!" is just sickening.

Imagine growing a backbone and demanding the highest quality from the products you want up front (aka witholding a sale)...instead of just childishly projecting as much as you can to avoid buyer's remorse.

What you just posted is cringe, and it's sickening.

I am on series x and am fine with the experience as well. Obviously I’m excited for the full next gen patch, I’d love a visual upgrade, but I’ve enjoyed what I’ve played so far and plan to play more.

It's shitting on every game out, yet a large portion of its player base can't play it, due to the rampant amount of bugs and problems. It's half assed, because shit like that should've been fixed with 8 YEARS OF DEVELOPMENT. They dropped a large day one patch, but the next gen are stuck playing an old gen game, until a patch comes for that lol You must like getting fucked by game companies, huh?

getting fucked is buying AC over and over again when it has little ambition.

getting fucked is paying for microtransactions in sports games over and over again.

getting fucked isnt supporting a dev that actually cared about the artistic pursuit enough to take 8 years to work on it. you don't do that when you're trying to half ass something.

you half ass it when you release it in a year. and another in a year, and you get plenty of titles that do that.

so once again, point me to the game that's shitting on this one right now. surely you're playing some goat shit.

Played on S|X for hours haven't even reached the Title Screen yet no crashes whatsoever, just minor floating objects caught a few times near garbage cans..fuck is ya talking about !!? Unplayable?!

Just shows that more than half of you haterz haven't even played this game and have a nerve to judge it..you simply would know that this GOAT 🐐 is perfectly in playable condition.

Two thumbs up for truth.

most games suck though....this is the highest quality of far as ambition is concerned we've gotten in awhile.

most of you buy watch dogs, AC, remakes. that shit is kinda ass, I'll play a buggy game of this caliber before any of those lol especially when the bugs will be fixed.

if half life 2 came out buggy, i'd fuck with that before the majority of the lesser titles out at the same time lol.

#Phonepunk#

Banned
hell yes. my friend came over tonight and wanted to see it and we were glued to it for 4 straight hours. just could not put it down. the game looks absolutely gorgeous at times. the combat is so much fun. he also told me he didn't think much and wasn't very impressed at first, but that he quickly fell in love with it.

experienced my first ever crash today, in about 6 or 7 hours or play. we saw no glitches, no floating people, no misaligned models. it performs very smoothly on PS5.

V4skunk

Banned
Works fine on PC for me. The new patch greatly sorted out pop in.
I also had a bug where my cock turned into a vag while changing clothes but that was on temporary thankfully! It wasn't fun.

D

Deleted member 801069

Unconfirmed Member
I want more than 2 NPC's in my city.

I can wait.
The density is very, very high on XSX. I’m guessing a lot of the gameplay/screenshots showing otherwise are from the beginning of the game when
the city is on lockdown.

Last edited by a moderator:

Collin

Banned
playing on ps5, the game is cool as fuck but the bugs are certainly there and are hard to ignore. it has hard crashed twice (to be fair to the game, both times i was able to reload pretty much exactly where i was) and one the missions i was doing recently (the heist) glitched out two separate times at the end so badly that i had to commit suicide and replay the entire combat section both times, which was getting very frustrating.

i don’t wanna be overly hyperbolic, when the games not glitching, it looks great and the gameplay is awesome but it’s certainly the buggiest game i’ve personally played at launch.

dorkimoe

Two thumbs up for truth.

Cancelled my Pre order. I knew it was gonna be shit. I’ll wait it out

BeardGawd

Banned
Old gen game? The game right now on XSX/PS5 is only missing Ray Tracing from the PC version. And of course the PC version has higher res/framerate because it's more powerful. But those missing things dont make this any less of an amazing game. It looks phenomenal on XSX. There is nothing like it. All this "wait for the next gen patch" is hogwash. There will be ray tracing added and thats about it.

Seriously it seems like everyone is just dogpiling on the hate parade. It's no where near as bad as people are saying. All games have bugs especially open world games. This is nothing new. It's not like CDPR isnt going to fix them. Plus anyone that buys will get a free upgrade when they finally get a next gen console. This game is a must play.

most games suck though....this is the highest quality of far as ambition is concerned we've gotten in awhile.

most of you buy watch dogs, AC, remakes. that shit is kinda ass, I'll play a buggy game of this caliber before any of those lol especially when the bugs will be fixed.

if half life 2 came out buggy, i'd fuck with that before the majority of the lesser titles out at the same time lol.
If "ambition" is what decides your purchase instead of execution, then you're part of the problem.

More of those games that you claim "suck" will continue to be made if all you care about is the fantasy that a trailer promises you, instead of the actual game's quality.

I sincerely hope that my standards never sink this low.

Last edited:
I wanted to make this thread because it would be a bloody shame if some people who were excited for this game are now missing out because they decided to believe all the doom and gloom BS floating around the internet.

I would not buy this game right now just off principle. They basically shipped a broken game and your going to reward them with your money?

Now we have to wait probably 6 months to get next gen upgrades. While current gen owners may have to wait atleast 2 months for CDPR to fix the game they just paid $50+ for, this was just greed. They didn’t have to rush the release of the game or release it on current gen in the first place.

Cry more

Ktotheroc

Neo Member
The fanboys in this thread are hilarious. I was going to keep responding to specific posts, but I'll head out, because they can't even get the story straight on whether it's an old or next gen game they're playing on a next gen console. They just throw money at hype and love getting fucked by devs/companies.

Dynasty8

The density is very, very high on XSX. I’m guessing a lot of the gameplay/screenshots showing otherwise are from the beginning of the game when
the city is on lockdown.

Do you recommend Quality mode or Performance mode?

I definitely prefer to play in 60fps, but not at the cost of losing things like crowd density and other things. Also, does Quality mode help with bugs and crashes or is that irrelevant?

Series X Quality Mode.

It looks pretty damn good, and I'm playing it just fine like this. I'd say this is the only passable console release.

zyOWYLl.jpg

O6j2R4t.jpg

D

Deleted member 801069

Unconfirmed Member
Do you recommend Quality mode or Performance mode?

I definitely prefer to play in 60fps, but not at the cost of losing things like crowd density and other things. Also, does Quality mode help with bugs and crashes or is that irrelevant?
I played the first 30 hours in performance mode. Switched to quality today, probably going to keep it like this now.

both are fine but the game is totally playable at 30 FPS.

I haven’t noticed a correlation between the video mode and bugs

oagboghi2

And i had.....shit i stopped counting, but it was over 4 crashes on the PS4

NO, i paid for a product that was announced over 7 years ago, my console was less than 3 years old at that time, either release a finished product on my console or don't release it at all.
You mean your 2011 machine crashed running a game made for much, much stronger hardware?

No shit, tell us more.

It doesn't matter when the game was announced, your console is old. Upgrade

Honest question, Are you going to be bitching about this next year as well?

The fanboys in this thread are hilarious. I was going to keep responding to specific posts, but I'll head out, because they can't even get the story straight on whether it's an old or next gen game they're playing on a next gen console. They just throw money at hype and love getting fucked by devs/companies.
a.k.a "I was embarrassed earlier in the thread when I revealed I had no idea what I was talking about. Watch me try to change the subject."

Last edited:
Yeah some people even have color tvs now grampa.
Not our fault that you were a baby back during the ps3... lol...

In all seriousness I do think there is a sense of entitlement of people who didn't grow up with the evolution of tech and graphics. I grew up with 4 color cga graphics and atari VCS/2600. Remember having to play wolf3d and doom in a shrunken square in the middle of the monitor as the 386sx 16mhz pc couldn't handle it full screen. We did what we had to and turned settings down.
Call us grampa all you want, I don't mind, especially if it means I can look past tech issues and enjoy something for what it is.

Blame 4k TVs.

Being a graphics snob doesn’t help either. 1440p or checkerboard 4k is pretty much bare minimum to get a clean image on 2160p.
Do that many people actually have 4k? My pc monitor is 1080p 144hz just because I saw no need for the higher res at sub 30in size, and the higher fps seemed way more obtainable with the card I had at the time (1650super then, now have a 2060). I also own two 1080p tvs that were bought a few years prior. Not about to just throw them away for a few more pixels. Seems a waste. Used to keep CRT tvs for years.

Top Bottom