• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Doom Eternal Next Gen upgrade performance targets revealed

sankt-Antonio

:^)--?-<
Okay, Downloaded the 2,5mb Update file from PS Store, insdtalled but the PS5 version is locked, it says "view game" pressing that if leads me to the store to guy the game for 69.99 EUR.

I thought this was free?

Thought I would delete and re download the game, now I cant even do that. WTF is this shit?

Edit: Can remote download it over the PS Store website. Lets see how this goes ... :(

Edit 2: Of course this shit is broken on PS, official tweet from Bethesda

Last edited:

Arioco

Let's remember the resolution on last-gen consoles, just for comparison.

- XBOX One S: 638p-900p
- PS4: 764p-1080p
- PS4 Pro: 1020p-1440p
- XBOX One X: 1276p-1800p

shoplifter

I just re-installed on my Series X and I can't even start the game. It's just sitting on the title screen telling me to press A. I've restarted the game like three times just to make sure it wasn't something funky, no dice.

edit: rebooting the console fixed it

Last edited:

SafeOrAlone

Banned
I was just thinking...this game should be more manageable now that I'm playing on an Elite 2 controller. Those backpaddles are literal game-changers. Just being able to aim while jumping makes a big difference.
I don't know how I'm going to go back to Playstation without backpaddles. I've even gotten used to them in third-persion action games like Ninja Gaiden.

Banned
looking real good with RT on Series X,

BUT the biggest thing I've noticed, THEY REDUCED THE INPUT LATENCY! I just recently started playing the first DLC, in the old version, ynd the latency was annoying at times. just tested the SX version and it feels way more responsive even in RT mode, in 120hz mode it should feel amazing... haven't tested that yet tho

Banned
I was just thinking...this game should be more manageable now that I'm playing on an Elite 2 controller. Those backpaddles are literal game-changers. Just being able to aim while jumping makes a big difference.
I don't know how I'm going to go back to Playstation without backpaddles. I've even gotten used to them in third-persion action games like Ninja Gaiden.

if you don't instantly set evey shooter on console to bumper jumper (jump on L1/LB) then I don't know what you're even doing! Bumper jumper settings should be the console standard by now.

no need for paddles honestly, but that's a taste thing I guess

SafeOrAlone

Banned
if you don't instantly set evey shooter on console to bumper jumper (jump on L1/LB) then I don't know what you're even doing! Bumper jumper settings should be the console standard by now.

no need for paddles honestly, but that's a taste thing I guess
Oh yeah...I did do that, but had forgotten. I guess that does help, but now that those bumpers are free, I'm thinking I'll find another good use for them.

Banned
Oh yeah...I did do that, but had forgotten. I guess that does help, but now that those bumpers are free, I'm thinking I'll find another good use for them.

I personally don't like most paddles on controllers. the only game I evr used paddles with regularly was Halo 5, because the game has absolutely atrocious controller bind options and I literally needed to use a paddle in order to ground pound.
if you use Recon settings, melee is on B... and in order to ground pound you have to hold melee and AIM where you are going... yeah... 343i really dropped the ball there xD
So I had 1 paddle for melee in Halo 5 😅 not because I wanted to, because I had to

Last edited:

RobRSG

looking real good with RT on Series X,

BUT the biggest thing I've noticed, THEY REDUCED THE INPUT LATENCY! I just recently started playing the first DLC, in the old version, ynd the latency was annoying at times. just tested the SX version and it feels way more responsive even in RT mode, in 120hz mode it should feel amazing... haven't tested that yet tho

Yeah, feels much better to play even in RT mode.

Arioco

First good - quality video I've found of the new RT mode running on PS5. Looks great to me, but of course I don't know how it compares to the normal 4K@60 fps mode.

TheGejsza

Anyone knows how to transfer save data from ps4 version to Ps5? I played in back compact mode on os5 and iam in a middle of campaign... Launching upgraded version does not recognize my saves...

FUBARx89

Anyone knows how to transfer save data from ps4 version to Ps5? I played in back compact mode on os5 and iam in a middle of campaign... Launching upgraded version does not recognize my saves...

You can't.

"Can I use my Xbox One or PlayStation 4 save on my Xbox Series X/Series S or PlayStation 5?​

Any DOOM Eternal save created on Xbox One will be available on Xbox Series X/Series S. Note: You must be logged into the same Xbox Live account used to create the save.
NOTE TO DOOM ETERNAL OWNERS ON PLAYSTATION 4 AND PLAYSTATION 5 SYSTEMS: While online progression is preserved between PlayStation 4 and PlayStation 5 consoles via the user’s Bethesda.net account, DOOM Eternal campaign save data will not transfer between consoles."

Last edited:

TheGejsza

You can't.

"Can I use my Xbox One or PlayStation 4 save on my Xbox Series X/Series S or PlayStation 5?​

Any DOOM Eternal save created on Xbox One will be available on Xbox Series X/Series S. Note: You must be logged into the same Xbox Live account used to create the save.
NOTE TO DOOM ETERNAL OWNERS ON PLAYSTATION 4 AND PLAYSTATION 5 SYSTEMS: While online progression is preserved between PlayStation 4 and PlayStation 5 consoles via the user’s Bethesda.net account, DOOM Eternal campaign save data will not transfer between consoles."

Oh fuck, such a bullshit.

dcmk7

Banned

First good - quality video I've found of the new RT mode running on PS5. Looks great to me, but of course I don't know how it compares to the normal 4K@60 fps mode.

That does look great.

I thought raytracing was an overrated fad before the start of this generation, but seeing it run in games, it definitely is a great next gen feature.

Really glad that id Software has included it in their update.

OverHeat

« generous god »
qhcJLoy.jpg

Last edited:

Banned

ha, imagine thinking going from PS4 to PS5 works without issues! HA!

but yeah... nah you can't

Banned
Game started in 8K and I had to put computer to sleep and wake it again to get picture. :lollipop_confused:

do you have super sampling resolutions turned on in Nvidia control panel?

some games start with the max resolution set by that I have found. I can't remember what it was just recently, either Yakuza 6 or Doom, but it happened to me where the game started at 5K (which is the highest I have enabled)

also if that happens, try hitting Alt + Enter to switch between windowed and full screen, this can fix issues like that

Last edited:

Ulysses 31

do you have super sampling resolutions turned on in Nvidia control panel?

some games start with the max resolution set by that I have found. I can't remember what it was just recently, either Yakuza 6 or Doom, but it happened to me where the game started at 5K (which is the highest I have enabled)
It's an 8K QLED I use at 4K.

baphomet

Looks and runs great. Getting 200-250fps @1440 with everything maxed out and no DLSS.

Last edited:

Banned
sucks...state of decay 2 and some others have the XS seal and dont need the ssd

because these are not next gen versions, they are Xbox One games with next gen enhancements.

Doom uses RayTracing, which isn't something they could do with a back compat version as backwards compatibility mode can't use RDNA2 features and instead runs in a GCN compatibility mode

there are 2 types of XS titles, Xbox Gen 9 Aware (Xbox One titles with enhancements for XS) and Xbox Gen 9 (Native SX titles only playable on the SSD)

Last edited:
Yeah. I think I'll replay it with Dualshock 4 with the back button attachment. This game just screams for paddles.

Top Bottom