• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

| DOOM Eternal OT | : Dragged Ripping & Tearing Into The New Decade!

Shantae

Banned
I haven't bought a game for PC in a while, but are there any deals for it around? I haven't really looked, and am just curious if that might be a cheaper option as it used to be a little more common in the past.

drotahorror

Looks like the invasion mode (Empowered Demons, which you can turn off or on) isn't making it to launch? Kind of bummed as that's the time this feature would be the most fun and accessible. It sounded pretty neat to be able to be a demon and invade someone's game. Hope it makes it soon, in fact they could really expand on it if they wanted and it was a popular enough feature. Maybe the 2v1 battle mode will suffice. I don't know why I even give a shit about any sort of MP, as I mainly care about the SP, but I guess I just want the whole package to be godlike.

Or maybe I'm full of shit? (taken from the doom wiki)

Occasionally an "empowered demon" may appear in a player's single-player campaign, bearing the name of a player that was killed by that demon in their own play session. Such demons are stronger than normal, but give special rewards when defeated. Empowered demons are strictly optional.

Last edited:

rofif

Banned
Does anyone know if Steam release needs bethesda launcher for single player?
It says bethesda launcher is required on steam page...
I am buying steam games because of simplicity. I don't want the launcher to launch another launcher, which then needs it's own update, login or whatever they way. Rockstar games do this and it's terrible. I couldn't launch gta v for few hours because their launcher was terrible.
I am not going to spend my money on any multiple launcher games anymore... Steam is better than that

Last edited:
Looks like the invasion mode (Empowered Demons, which you can turn off or on) isn't making it to launch? Kind of bummed as that's the time this feature would be the most fun and accessible. It sounded pretty neat to be able to be a demon and invade someone's game. Hope it makes it soon, in fact they could really expand on it if they wanted and it was a popular enough feature. Maybe the 2v1 battle mode will suffice. I don't know why I even give a shit about any sort of MP, as I mainly care about the SP, but I guess I just want the whole package to be godlike.

Or maybe I'm full of shit? (taken from the doom wiki)

Occasionally an "empowered demon" may appear in a player's single-player campaign, bearing the name of a player that was killed by that demon in their own play session. Such demons are stronger than normal, but give special rewards when defeated. Empowered demons are strictly optional.

Confirmed to arrive in the future, player invasions aren't off the cards yet!

Last edited:

HotPocket69

Banned
Let’s go boys

9AnB93W.jpg

Workin til 6 doe 😔

Workin from home doe 🤔

😏

Shantae

Banned
Walked into gamestop, walked out with a copy for PS4 with no line. Least that was painless enough. Will make having to wait til tomorrow for Animal Crossing easier.

Skyr

Will VPN this bitch in about an hour when I get home. It's unlocked for AUS/NZ on Steam/Bethesda.

HotPocket69

Banned
Walked into gamestop, walked out with a copy for PS4 with no line. Least that was painless enough. Will make having to wait til tomorrow for Animal Crossing easier.

I didn’t think there’d be an issue getting a copy. No one shops at Gamestop’s anymore for the most part.

My store was dead aside from the daily, typical, weird loitering tard chatting it up with the cashier.

Some things really never change 😂

Last edited:

Spukc

always chasing the next thrill
holy fucking shit this is the most optimized pc game i ever played.

everything on ultra 3440x1440 on a gtx 1060

insane this dynamic scaling is a miracle.

Spukc

What country is it unlocked in? Anyone used a VPN to take a trip and get it unlocked?
NZ unlocked 1 hour and 42 min ago
You need to download the latest nvidea gameready drivers too.

Unlocking the game took me 20 min on an ssd 🤣

Last edited:

Shantae

Banned
Again with this fucking Bethesda.net login shit. You literally can't skip it -_- I don't fucking remember the username and password for that shit. I know I made one at one point, so now I gotta dig that shit up. Fuck off!

Shantae

Banned
Cant you just skip that shit
Don't see an option to. It's just all over the screen. Options are either login, or create account, with no way to back out. Tried creating account, but email is already in use shit so now I gotta find out what it all is.

Krappadizzle

Gold Member
Don't see an option to. It's just all over the screen. Options are either login, or create account, with no way to back out. Tried creating account, but email is already in use shit so now I gotta find out what it all is.
Honestly, and I get where you are coming from, some of the shit from the "Slayers Club" is really cool and fun to do, or at least it was with Doom 16'. Might be worth the extra hassle.

Krappadizzle

Gold Member
NZ unlocked 1 hour and 42 min ago
You need to download the latest nvidea gameready drivers too.

Unlocking the game took me 20 min on an ssd 🤣
What VPN did you use? I'm using Private Internet Access and have used it before in the past, but it doesn't seem to be working on letting me update.

HotPocket69

Banned
Yeah the fact you need a Bethesda.net account to play is fucking ridiculous. There’s no way around it. I just loaded it up.

Thankfully I was never dumb enough to create one in the past, so scrounging up info wasn’t needed, but goddamn dude, that is some horse shit.

Bethesda.net account created 😑

Shantae

Banned
Yeah the fact you need a Bethesda.net account to play is fucking ridiculous. There’s no way around it. I just loaded it up.

Thankfully I was never dumb enough to create one in the past, so scrounging up info wasn’t needed, but goddamn dude, that is some horse shit.

I wonder what it would do if I had just unplugged my ethernet cable. Ah well.

Game's good so far, but man ultra violence is kicking my ass compared to the first game. Soooo many more enemies.

Nymphae

Banned

That's unfortunate.

Spukc

This game is 100% my goty
I am way less pissed now not having UT.

This is tony hawk with guns.
What an absolute blast to play.

If you love oldschool shooters this game is a no brainer
just how well this game runs on a 1060 it's hilarious..

You literally shoots chunks of meat from monsters..

Last edited:

MiguelItUp

Aside from the Slayer's Club, maybe it's their way around multiplayer so that users on different "platforms" can play together.

Krappadizzle

Gold Member
i used tunnelbear . its free. good enough to unlock it and then put steam in offline mode.
Hmm. K. Gonna try that. I've used Private Internet Access dozens of times over the years with no issue, but it doesn't seem to be working wether I choose NZ, Aus, Hong Kong.

Do you use 2FA as well? I'm wondering if 2FA is messing with the download for some dumb reason.

SyberWolf

Hmm. K. Gonna try that. I've used Private Internet Access dozens of times over the years with no issue, but it doesn't seem to be working wether I choose NZ, Aus, Hong Kong.

Do you use 2FA as well? I'm wondering if 2FA is messing with the download for some dumb reason.
yes i use 2FA on steam

Krappadizzle

Gold Member
yes i use 2FA on steam
I'm at a loss then. I'm using 2FA too. I've tried PIA like I mentioned. Just tried TunnelBear(which I've used many times in the past). Set to NZ in both. When logged in, it'll say the D/l is qued, and then it'll que for sec and then stop and won't do anything. Any ideas? I might just be outta luck. First time I've had this problem using a VPN in a very long time.

Last edited:

SyberWolf

I'm at a loss then. I'm using 2FA too. I've tried PIA like I mentioned. Just tried TunnelBear(which I've used many times in the past). Set to NZ in both. When logged in, it'll say the D/l is qued, and then it'll que for sec and then stop and won't do anything. Any ideas? I might just be outta luck. First time I've had this problem using a VPN in a very long time.
leave the vpn on and wait a few minutes. sometimes it takes a while for steam to adjust to the new ip.
keep an eye on the play button in your library.
restarting steam might also help although you probably already did that.

Krappadizzle

Gold Member
leave the vpn on and wait a few minutes. sometimes it takes a while for steam to adjust to the new ip.
keep an eye on the play button in your library.
restarting steam might also help although you probably already did that.
Yeah, appreciate the tips, not sure what's going on as I've tried everything I can think of. I'll just leave the VPN on and Steam open and see what happens. No big deal if I got to wait till midnight.

That said, I wonder if we should get a list together of people on different platforms for Invasion mode. I assume you can invade your friends games.

Mista

Banned
Won't be getting it day one. I decided I'll play Animal Crossing for now

MAYBE I'll get it to play when I put AC down for a bit

Krappadizzle

Gold Member
Won't be getting it day one. I decided I'll play Animal Crossing for now

MAYBE I'll get it to play when I put AC down for a bit
Ya know, I think I've literally bought every single AC released EXCEPT for the N64 one. I remember working at Gamestop when the GC one launched and borrowed the GBA link and loved being able to download Excitebike to my GBA and take it with me everywhere. Loved the series as it's such a nice treat to relax and sit back with. Loved the 3DS release too.

BACK OT:

Thanks SyberWolf SyberWolf I finally got it working. Literally did nothing different over a dozen time and apparently lucky #13 was the trick. Downloading and hopefully have it unlocked here in 20 mins. or so. SO STOKED.

Mista

Banned
Ya know, I think I've literally bought every single AC released EXCEPT for the N64 one. I remember working at Gamestop when the GC one launched and borrowed the GBA link and loved being able to download Excitebike to my GBA and take it with me everywhere. Loved the series as it's such a nice treat to relax and sit back with. Loved the 3DS release too.
Same here. But I slept on New Leaf somehow!

Join us here mate

Golgo 13

The Man With The Golden Dong
The quality of life improvements are already evident in the first few hours — MUCH faster loading times (I’m on Xbox One X), instant respawns when you fall off a cliff or miss a jump (instead of dying and being taken to a loading screen). I also love how when you’re about to complete a level, fast-travel is unlocked allowing you to go back and explore any secrets you may have missed. Also fast travel times are INCREDIBLY FAST.

Great stuff so far.

Top Bottom