• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

| DOOM Eternal OT | : Dragged Ripping & Tearing Into The New Decade!

WLRTljL.png

Release Date: 20th March 2020 (PS4/XB1/PC) | Switch Release: TBC | Platforms: PS4/XB1/PC/Switch | Genre: FPS | Players: 1-3

FJ9eKl1.png

It all started on Mars, in a UAC research facility ran by Dr. Samuel Hayden, a UAC scientist whose mind now inhabits an android body after having lost his original to brain cancer. Researchers at the UAC facility attempted to draw energy from Hell, an alternative dimension inhabited by demons, in order to solve an energy crisis on Earth using the Argent Tower, which siphons energy and allows travel to and from Hell. To supplement their work, Hayden organized several expeditions into Hell, bringing back captive demons and artifacts for study. Among them is a sarcophegus containing the Doom Slayer (along with his Praetor Suit), who the demons imprisoned after his earlier rampage through Hell.

The facility is overrun by demons after one of Hayden's researchers, Olivia Pierce, makes a pact with them and uses the Tower to open a portal to Hell. In desperation, Hayden releases the Doom Slayer from his sarcophagus to repel the demonic invasion and close the portal. The Doom Slayer recovers his Praetor Suit and fights his way through the overrun facility, where he realigns a comms satellite dish to get a lay of the land, all guided by the AI VEGA. After clearing out the facility core and preventing a meltdown, he pursues Pierce as he destroys the energy induction filters to Hayden's objections. He pursues Pierce up the tower, where she uses an Argent accumulator to open an explosive rift into Hell, destroying the Tower, and where the Slayer is sent back. Fighting his way to a teleporter, he returns to Mars and makes his way to a tram leading to Hayden. Hayden informs the Slayer of the Helix Stone, an artifact used to study and harness Hell's energy. Entering the Lazarus labs, he observes the Helix Stone, and he learns of the Well, where the portal is powered, and of the magical key-like blade, the Crucible. He makes another excursion into Hell after battling and defeating a contained Cyberdemon and activating its accumulator, and fights through a labyrinthine gauntlet to recover the Crucible from a trio of Hell Guards. Arriving at VEGA's facility in the frozen north, he destroys the AI (while also making a backup copy), using its power to enter the Well, which he uses the Crucible to destroy the portal's power source. Finally, he confronts Pierce, who is transformed by the demons into the monstrous Spider Mastermind, and kills her.

Upon the Doom Slayer's return to Mars, Hayden confiscates the Crucible, which he plans to use in his research. Despite all that has happened, he insists that Earth is too desperate for energy to give up. To keep the Doom Slayer from interfering with his plans, Hayden teleports him to an undisclosed location, saying that they will meet again.

An undetermined amount of time has passed since the events of the first game, all we know now is that Earth is overrun by Hell's demonic forces, and as the Doom Slayer, it's your job to strike back at these fiends from your space station circling the Earth's surface.

RIP AND TEAR ONCE MORE!

1cE2xKt.png

AnQWruF.png

WzLgTnt.png

cjdZDjK.png

9Di9WA1.png

YQP2TsS.png

8XBbhSy.png
snd7Old.png

2lfP3XY.png
Ht90jeq.png

RXBRjaV.png

naRYtNX.png

BoGey64.gif

Last edited:

Bolivar687

Banned
Has anyone ever had trouble replaying the 2016 DOOM? I always get bored and put it away during the first few levels. Harder difficulties didn't do it for me either.

Edit: almost forgot, amazing OT!

Last edited:
Reactions: GHG

angelic

Banned
I said it in the other thread but i think GAME uk have gone corona mad, mines due tomorrow. Hibernation sorted.

MiguelItUp

Fuuuuccckkk. Amazon doesnt look like they are going to be able to get this to me by Friday...bummer. Need to come up with new plans for the weekend.
Ugh man, that sucks. I'm going to Best Buy to pick up my collector's tomorrow, hoping that all goes smoothly. I'm prepared to get a digital copy in the meantime if need be, lmao.

Well, here's hoping base.com deliver my copy either tomorrow or friday! Glad I haven't used Amazon in years.

EDIT: Speak of the devil, just got a confirmation email from them saying my copy is dispatched and will be here tomorrow. Get in!

oDCtq6N.gif
9fc.gif

Last edited:

MiguelItUp

My county has been shut down to all "non essential" services. So I'm guessing BB, Gamestop, etc will be closed.
Ah, yeah, that isn't a bad thing! Albeit annoying of course. I guess we're playing catch up in Houston, lmao. We just closed bars and restaurants (to-go services allowed) a couple of days ago. But I'm wondering when they're gonna be even more firm.

I hope I can get my collector's okay. :(

Nymphae

Banned
sweet EB just called me to slot me into a fucking pickup appointment time on Friday because they have reduced store hours and hundreds of sweaty mouthbreathers all going into the store that day.

Krappadizzle

Gold Member
Preload is up on Steam. Got it ready to go. Can't wait. Probably my 3rd most anticipated game of the year followed only by Cyberpunk 2077 and Last of Us 2.

SweetShark

Quick question please:
I already pre-download Doom Eternal, but I am wondering if Doom 64 is NOW available to play.
Thank you.

Mudit Shwarma

Neo Member
The game's not accessible yet for 99% of the people?

Gamestop is releasing Doom Eternal a day early to "adhere to CDC-recommended social distancing guidelines". Animal Crossing New Horizons is still coming out on the 20th. (I would wish) They release the digital version of Doom Eternal early too!!

Last edited:
Top Bottom