• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

DOTA2 |OT15| anime only please

shira

Is anyone doing an OT16?

I have some free time this week
poop.gif

Drkirby

Corporate Apologist
Actually looking at the Pro Circuit closer, I'm going to move my prediction and say 7.07 hits the last week of September.

great my dota has suddenly fps problem. I can play on ultra with no problem before.
tried to nothing just dota and tweaked the settings still ni improvements. fuckk. Just 1 day I didnt play then this happens.

Everything runs on fine on bot match and demo mode tho. hmm

shira

Mineski qualifies for another Minor LAN
First Bucharest, now Starladder
Mushi no longer Mushit

Dendi stack playing bzz stack in the LB final in one hour
Winner plays fng stack Bo5 for the CIS invite

aScaris

Yellow dotagaf! I'm trying to get back into this game after a break of 2 years (damn, dota has been out now for a looong time). I never really played ranked back then, but had an MMR somewhere in the 2300s if I recall correctly. Do you guys play inhouse matches I could join to get back into the flow before jumping into solo ranked again? Cheers :)

Edit: I' on CEST btw

Anbokr

Bull on a Donut
if patch is beyond october 1 dota will truly be dead no memes

if patch is beyond october 1 i will change my avatar to non-dbz anime for the first time and allow tusr to pick

I think the biggest change to DotA 2 that didn't exist a year ago is that Atos is now like Siren's net. Back in the day, it was just a slow.

That might be the biggest buff I've ever seen to an item since you could change the stats on treads. Second place would be the damage that euls does to disable blink dagger.

(speaking of blink, I don't think the mana cost removal had that much of an impact)

I'm mentioning Atos because all of a sudden it's such a common item on so many int heroes. Used to be a luxury. Now it's almost core.

Hylian7

I think the biggest change to DotA 2 that didn't exist a year ago is that Atos is now like Siren's net. Back in the day, it was just a slow.

That might be the biggest buff I've ever seen to an item since you could change the stats on treads. Second place would be the damage that euls does to disable blink dagger.

(speaking of blink, I don't think the mana cost removal had that much of an impact)

I'm mentioning Atos because all of a sudden it's such a common item on so many int heroes. Used to be a luxury. Now it's almost core.
The Mana cost removal on Blink absolutely had a huge impact. The patch that happened, a few patches after it, and still today to a degree it was bought on almost every hero, many situationally, and of course not on the obvious ones like AM or Storm. Plus it did a lot for the pre-existing Blink carriers. With the relatively poor Mana pool of Tide, Mag, Pudge, etc, saving that 75 Mana from every blink meant a lot for those guys.

Plus many heroes it would help in small ways. Imagine if you are Puck and your Mana gets burned where you have less than 75. You can always Phase Shift Blink out of this.

shira

Pro Doto Dates
Roster Locks
DJzup8NUIAANPxW.jpg
7w3sdqv7h4mz.png

BTS King's Cup America - ONLINE
Prize is direct invite to BTS Minor
8: Col, DC, DCSA, isGG, infamous, leviathan, Dire, Iceberg(defaulted)
Season Over
Playoffs tomorrow: Dire vs Infamous, CoL vs DC

SLi Invitational 3 - MINOR
t1507705200z1.png

$300k USD, 8 teams
2 Directs - Liquid, Newbee
NA -
SA - SG
EU -
CIS - Navi
SEA - Mineski
CN -

Bucharest - MINOR
Oct 19-22
$300k USD. 8 teams
2 Directs - EG, LGD
NA
SA - DC.SA
EU
CIS
SEA - Mineski
CN - VGJ-T

Matches Today
Starladder
CN - iG vs CDEC Live!
EU - Mouz vs Penta, Secret vs SFT
t1505746800z1.png

NA - Dire vs Immortals, VGJ.S vs DC
t1505772000z1.png

Bucharest
EU, CIS - All 16 teams playing at once
t1505739600z1.png

The Mana cost removal on Blink absolutely had a huge impact. The patch that happened, a few patches after it, and still today to a degree it was bought on almost every hero, many situationally, and of course not on the obvious ones like AM or Storm. Plus it did a lot for the pre-existing Blink carriers. With the relatively poor Mana pool of Tide, Mag, Pudge, etc, saving that 75 Mana from every blink meant a lot for those guys.

Plus many heroes it would help in small ways. Imagine if you are Puck and your Mana gets burned where you have less than 75. You can always Phase Shift Blink out of this.

Mana burn isn't that common, and if you are a strength hero with a blink dagger, you're still not going to have enough Mana to cast even with that extra 75 mana. That's why we started to seem Anna boots on Magnus and Tide instead of Soul rings.

The cooldown reduction on blink had a bigger impact I think.

Regardless, my post was about Rod of Atos.

Zoon

I made a suggestion on reddit about integrating Aghs in the UI.
I thought of this based on the rumor that each hero is getting a new Aghanim spell. It also solves the issue with heroes with no keybinds left for new spells like Invoker, Puck, Rubick etc.
First of all, the Aghanim scepter spell for all heroes would be set by default to G (since many heroes have spells on D,F). Then there would be an Aghanim Scepter on the UI between the map and the hero portrait with the new spell on top of it. The scepter and spell will be grayed out until you build an Aghs scepter. I guess you can also have an option to hide it for people who are well experienced or don't want much stuff on their screen.
Here's a crappy mockup I made.
e: Just to clarify, it doesn't mean that every hero would get a new active spell. For example, in Tiny's case, there would be a passive spell called "Acquire Tree" or whatever followed buy the description of what Tiny's Aghs currently does.
What do you guys think?

Hylian7

I made a suggestion on reddit about integrating Aghs in the UI.

What do you guys think?

That whole rumor in general has some concerns about it in the first place honestly, that if it's true, I'm curious how they will handle it.

Unless you want it to show as a passive, you can't really make Alch Aghs an extra ability. Do heroes that currently do get an ability for Aghs just get nothing, such as Ogre Magi?

Top Bottom