• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

DPVR reveals new VR headset: 'DPVR E4'. Targeting PC gamers. $549(!)($499 early bird) preorders Nov.30th. 4K display, 120Hz, 116° FOV. Launches Jan 15

Status
Not open for further replies.

alucard0712_rus

Gold Member
Quest 2 can be tethered via USB so no quality difference (other than display of course). Also, this is using displayport 1.3 not HDMI as it needs to send data back and forth as well as video and audio.
Are you kidding? Quest 2 uses basically streaming and at any bitrate quality will be okay at best, no matter what display your HMD is using. Direct HDMI or DP video input is holy grail of PCVR.

mrcroket

Quest 2 can be tethered via USB so no quality difference (other than display of course). Also, this is using displayport 1.3 not HDMI as it needs to send data back and forth as well as video and audio.
My godness 🤦‍♂️ Why do some people insist on affirming things without having a remote idea of what they are saying?

tommib

All this talk about HDMI, USBs, streaming and latency and me playing VR Resident Evil Village on my OLED HDR PSVR2 in February:

Dog Pug GIF

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom