• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Dr Disrespect "SUING THE F*CK" Out of Twitch

nani17

are in a big trouble
Yes, I understand not many like him and don't really care but I do find it interesting he's attempting to sue twitch.

The reason is still unknown as to why he got banned but it'll be interesting to see what happens down the line

Last edited:

th4tguy

Unless there is a contract signed by both parties that says differently, Twitch has the right to demonetize or ban you from their platform for any reason.
This seems more for attention .

Thaedolus

Gold Member
Unless there is a contract signed by both parties that says differently, Twitch has the right to demonetize or ban you from their platform for any reason.
Doesn’t Twitch have some sort of partners program he was a part of? Not sure it’s as cut and dry as they can just drop him for any reason

Tripolygon

Banned
As much as I couldn't care less about these people and streamers in general. I believe he was a huge draw to people on twitch and for monetization you require some sort of partnership so its not as clear cut as our platform we can do whatever we want.

th4tguy

Doesn’t Twitch have some sort of partners program he was a part of? Not sure it’s as cut and dry as they can just drop him for any reason
That could be the only thing that would give this legs but I seriously doubt Twitch drops the right to remove you from their service for any reason.

SF Kosmo

Al Jazeera Special Reporter
Whatever the reason he got banned it seems like he's alright to air it out so let's go.

M1chl

Currently Gif and Meme Champion
Well at least he worked on Advance Warfare and there was few decent maps....

But watching this guy?

MiguelItUp

Whether you like him and his character or not, that whole ordeal sounded like an incredibly hot mess. So, yeah, they're deserving of such a thing, and I hope he wins.

The way that platform treats bans and suspensions can be pretty terrifying for some of those people when it's their primary source of income. You don't have to care for streamers, content creators, influencers, whatever you wanna call them. But some of those people hustle pretty hard on that platform, and having the rug pulled out from under you for any particular given reason, or even a mistake, sounds terrifying.

ANDS

King of Gaslighting
The "rumors" surrounding why he was dropped from TWITCH were absolutely hilarious (saw shit implying pedophilia was a case). No one knows what contract existed between him and TWITCH (I doubt it was a simple "partners" contract given the traffic and media attention he drew off platform) but if he thinks he's got a case by all means: this can only be a good thing for other content creators on the platform.

And we should give a damn because? --- Is this Reddit or Resetera? Help me understand why I should give a damn about this?

. . .weird. When I signed up to this forum years ago, I never got sent the guy that randomly shows up to put a gun to my head forcing me to participate in threads. What yours name?

MiguelItUp

And we should give a damn because? --- Is this Reddit or Resetera? Help me understand why I should give a damn about this?
Because he's a video game centric streamer, and one of the largest and most known ones. May not be everyone's cup of tea, but seems fitting. Especially with it involving Twitch, which is THE video game related streaming platform. 🤷‍♂️

I've felt that way about plenty of threads, but I just skim over them and don't read them.

Kuranghi

Why do people hate Dr Disrespect? Its just a silly persona. I'm not suggesting its high art or anything but he's made me chuckle before.

I think its easier to find it funny when you are British because its just basically constant sarcastic bamming up people up. Maybe that doesn't relate well for Americans.

If he riles you up I think you just need to relax bro:

Cat Relaxing GIF by The Dodo

Batiman

Banned
How people find this guy funny is beyond me. I can see his comedy attractive to younger teens, but the amount of grown men that stan for this dude is baffling.

Still don’t know why he was banned?

Last edited:

Don Carlo

How people find this guy funny is beyond me. I can see his comedy attractive to younger teens, but the amount of grown men that stan for this dude is baffling.

Still don’t know why he was banned?
He is past his prime, I used to laugh really hard on his OG PUBG Streams and H1z1.

Kenpachii

Why was he banned tho. I though he was recruiting a whole bunch of twitch people on the background to make a new twitch website to get rid of twitch control, which twitch found out and culled it faster then light.

But who knows.

I don't watch his content but I hope he wins. Twitch is probably the worst-programmed major/mainstream website I've ever used. Their website code base is probably the worst kind of spaghetti.

Twitch takes advantage and acts shady with too many of their streamers anyway, they could stand to be humbled the only way they'd care.

NoPiece

Whichever side you were on, the Epic v Apple lawsuit ended up exposing a ton of interesting information. If there is an upside here, the public gets to see some of the inner workings of Twitch's business practices.

JimboJones

I don't watch his content but I hope he wins. Twitch is probably the worst-programmed major/mainstream website I've ever used. Their website code base is probably the worst kind of spaghetti.

Twitch takes advantage and acts shady with too many of their streamers anyway, they could stand to be humbled the only way they'd care.
But think of their blue hair twitch safety advisory council!

tmlDan

oh i don't know, he was banned from the biggest gaming stream service on earth for illegitimate reasons that caused him a ton of damages in revenue, partnership deals, and his reputation leading to losses in a ton of revenue. You may say oh but he's doing well, well, it doesn't give a much bigger and richer company the right to fuck you over.

Seems like a GAMING forum would care, no?

Stuart360

Why was he banned tho. I though he was recruiting a whole bunch of twitch people on the background to make a new twitch website to get rid of twitch control, which twitch found out and culled it faster then light.

But who knows.
The accepted theory now is that he was trying to negotiate a new bigger contract with Twitch, and using a lucrative Mixer offer as leverage. Problem arose though when a week later Mixer shut down lol.

If true, i dont know what stand he would take here.

Last edited:

IntentionalPun

Ask me about my wife's perfect butthole
Whether you like him and his character or not, that whole ordeal sounded like an incredibly hot mess. So, yeah, they're deserving of such a thing, and I hope he wins.

The way that platform treats bans and suspensions can be pretty terrifying for some of those people when it's their primary source of income. You don't have to care for streamers, content creators, influencers, whatever you wanna call them. But some of those people hustle pretty hard on that platform, and having the rug pulled out from under you for any particular given reason, or even a mistake, sounds terrifying.
What's terrifying about it is that Twitch is a near monopoly; particularly for anyone not massive like Dr. D, losing their Twitch partnership means they are screwed. Otherwise what you described is just about anyone with a job in America, as we have so few protections on employment. However we can find other employers.

But the internet just... ends up with monopolies a lot lol.. for anything video related IMO it would be interesting for someone like the US to regulate it so that your content had to be available in some sort of standard format, so cross-platform UI's could be created. As it stands part of the problem is people don't want to switch apps/web sites/etc.

Imagine if Sony did that for instance; required any streaming app to also stream to their own internal stream UI.. so Twitch/Facebook/Youtube streamers all showed up in the same spot. That would be pretty massive.

Just a random thought that I could poke holes in off the top of my head, but these "video" based platforms like YouTube/Twitch are just so hard to break into as consumers just naturally want whatever has the most content.

Last edited:

jose4gg

In this video, he explains lit of bit more, it is a super uncomfortable situation where some partners don't want to work with him because "why was he banned from twitch"?

Top Bottom