• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Dr Disrespect "SUING THE F*CK" Out of Twitch

Stuart360

If there was a payday it would be typical to mention something about a settlement. Since he didn't and only tweeted that it seems like they agreed to back down on both sides.
Usually when you get these 'both parties agree to no wrong doing' situations, the party taking out the lawsuit has usually been paid out, out of court.
Doc will of been paid out but agrees not to discuss it further, and twitch comes out of it looking 'clean'.

Last edited:

vpance

Usually when you get these 'both parties agree to no wrong doing' situations, the party taking out the lawsuit has usually been paid out, out of court.
Doc will of been paid out but agrees not to discuss it further, and twitch comes out of it looking 'clean'.

I suppose it's possible. But if there was a settlement at all usually knowledge of that comes out at some point anyways. You hear about that sort of thing from time to time with celebs and whatnot.

FUBARx89

Can someone just shoot this stupid cunt through the head so nobody has to deal with his absurd nonsense anymore?
Well, shit homeboy, from my point of view, can someone shoot me so I don't heal to read ya shite ever again.

As useless as a dildo to a nun ya post was, idiot.

I suppose it's possible. But if there was a settlement at all usually knowledge of that comes out at some point anyways. You hear about that sort of thing from time to time with celebs and whatnot.
I mean, the language of the announcement about the stopping of the lawsuit heavily implies an out-of-court settlement.
While it theoretically IS plausible that the settlement was not in Disrespect's favor, I don't think he'd have went all chicken on the idea of taking it to court even if Twitch's evidence blew him away or something.
Heck, this happened quickly enough that I am actually a bit concerned that he took the first lowball offer.

BennyBlanco

aka IMurRIVAL69
Can someone just shoot this stupid cunt through the head so nobody has to deal with his absurd nonsense anymore?

giphy.gif

vpance

I mean, the language of the announcement about the stopping of the lawsuit heavily implies an out-of-court settlement.
While it theoretically IS plausible that the settlement was not in Disrespect's favor, I don't think he'd have went all chicken on the idea of taking it to court even if Twitch's evidence blew him away or something.
Heck, this happened quickly enough that I am actually a bit concerned that he took the first lowball offer.

If what he said about his income being a fraction of what it was on Twitch then it better be like $10M+.

AGRacing

If there was a payday it would be typical to mention something about a settlement. Since he didn't and only tweeted that it seems like they agreed to back down on both sides.

Incorrect. Settlements are often accompanied by similar declarations of "we admit no wrongdoing". And settlements are VERY often private as a condition of settlement itself.

Kenpachii

If what he said about his income being a fraction of what it was on Twitch then it better be like $10M+.

Jup did he not say once in a video that, he basically missed out on a youtube deal that was like 8m, because twitch banned him and it was the only way for him to move forwards. Also lost lots of other income like microsoft buyouts etc at the time because he was no longer a main factor in the streaming community.

I bet he wanted 10+m out of it.

Portugeezer

Incorrect. Settlements are often accompanied by similar declarations of "we admit no wrongdoing". And settlements are VERY often private as a condition of settlement itself.
Usually it is one sided, like Prince Andrew. With it being both sides unwilling to admit wrongdoing, I am not so sure.

I hope I am wrong because the people running Twitch have brought it to shit.

Top Bottom