• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Dragon Age 4 is heading to PS5, Xbox Series X/S without cross-gen releases

IbizaPocholo

NeoGAFs Kent Brockman

Dragon Age 4 is coming to PlayStation 5, Xbox Series X/S, and PC, but it will not get versions for PlayStation 4 or Xbox One. This isn’t too shocking, but it does show that developers like BioWare are ready to leave the last-gen consoles behind. This news comes from the LinkedIn profile for Dragon Age’s lead player designer at BioWare (hat tip to Faizan Shaikh). But I’ve also separately confirmed that EA is planning the game only for the new-gen systems.

hlm666

PC specs will probably be 3070 minimum if it's next gen only?
If it's because of hardware feature support (mesh shaders/RT) nvidia turing has it all. For instance if it's going to have RT that can't be disabled like say metro ee an rtx 2060 should probably handle it at 1080p. Whens the release date for this? If it's 2 years away or something the 3000 series will have been out of production for possibly a year at that point and the 2000 series will be pushing 5 years old.

Kataploom

Gold Member
When the game releases In 3 or 4 years probably a 3070 is a low graphic card
Not in a world where PS5 and XSX are the most powerful consolas lol

BTW I wanna try Inquisision but don’t wanna be on another 60+ hours game for a while

sertopico

Can't wait.

indexhgkjh.png

STARSBarry

Gold Member
The issue is after Dragon Age II and Inquisition will they be able to make a good RPG?

2 was hilarious in just how awful it was... the opening reminded me of power rangers where the dark spawn had been transformed into the putty villians that all jump out of nowhere and then stand back waving there arms as they attack you one by one.

tumblr_mwk5wwurIU1qb2euio2_400.gif

3 had alot to do.... but none of it really engaging, the only thing I remember enjoying was how impressive the dragon fights where, outside of that I just remember it being boring and stupid.

Last edited:

RoboFu

One of the green rats
Well I hope not as the game will probably not be released for another 5 years.

doesn’t mean it won’t be a cross gen title, just cross gen for ps6 /ps5 lol. 😂

Velius

Banned
Inquisition was really good. Anthem was horrible but I'm hopeful Bioware getting back to what they are good at will get them back on track.
Dude Inquisition was not very good. It was a bunch of fetch quests, and an unbalanced crafting system. It was repetitive and failed to capitalize on some true potential. It was tolerable. It wasn't awful. MEA and Anthem were piss-poor but that doesn't make DA:I good, only good by comparison

Velius

Banned
I have blind hope, but my expectations are as low as possible. Even with low expectations, I'll probably still be disappointed.
This is exactly where I am. I don't know if you saw the pre-release footage of Inquisition way back when, but it looked so ambitious and amazing, and the release was relatively, very muted. And of course we all know what happened with Andro and Anthem.

Fucking depressing that the company that made KoToR and Jade Empire has been reduced to this

Topher

Gold Member
Dude Inquisition was not very good. It was a bunch of fetch quests, and an unbalanced crafting system. It was repetitive and failed to capitalize on some true potential. It was tolerable. It wasn't awful. MEA and Anthem were piss-poor but that doesn't make DA:I good, only good by comparison

If that is your opinion then that is fine. It was extremely well received. Personally I thought it was great particularly the battle system which really made it fun from a tactical perspective.

But to each their own. Either way, if Bioware can get back to that then it is at least a step in the right direction after Anthem.

ToTTenTranz

Banned
Dragon Age was once my favorite videogame franchise of all time.

Then came Inquisition, from which I couldn't take another lecture in lgbtq acceptance or the free2play real-time waiting mechanics, stopped playing in the middle of it and couldn't care for the whole thing anymore.

Wish all Devs would ditch the old consoles.
As the owner of a PS5 since release day and a PC with a 5900X + 6900XT, I find this quite cruel.

Most people who want to have a PS5 and Series X are unable to buy one, unless they're capable and willing to get scalped.

Of course developers need to take this into account.

Last edited:
Top Bottom