• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Dragon Age dreadwolf combat will be like Final Fantasy XV; Report

Draugoth

Gold Member
dragon-age-dreadwolf.png

Insider Gaming sources, who have spoken to Insider Gaming under the request of anonymity have said that Dragon Age Dreadwolf might be further away than previous rumors have suggested.

• The game still lacks features;
  • Dragon Age Dreadwolf moved from its intended multiplayer components to a single-player experience;
  • These multiplayer components are still 'felt' to some extent in the current version of the game (feels like Destiny);
  • Dreadwolf has a lot of similarities with previous games in the franchise;
  • You can recruit members to your team;
  • You cannot control your team members, but you can issue commands to cast abilities;
  • Combat will be hack n' slash-like and will be like Final Fantasy XV;
  • The release date is totally unknown (maybe 2024).

LordCBH

Please don’t be as shit as andromeda please don’t be as shit as andromeda please don’t be as shit as andromeda please don’t be as shit as andromeda

DonkeyPunchJr

World’s Biggest Weeb
I’ll go against the grain and say that’s not necessarily a bad thing. FF XV’s combat was kinda fun and had a lot of potential.

Give it a more interesting variety of classes/skill trees to play with and a better camera, it could be legitimately great.

That said, the chances of this game being good are slim to none. I’m not getting my hopes up.

Robochobo

Humble beginnings with wonderful memories of Baldurs Gate, Jade Empire, KotoR, and Mass Effect. Crashing into a brick wall with Inquistion, Anthem, Andromeda and ME3. I honestly have the absolute lowest expectations. After Mass Effect 2 I think Bioware flew close to the sun. Please just go back to making CRPGs...

MiguelItUp

What's sad is I'm sure a lot of the fans that have been holding out for this have now been turned off reading about the change in combat.

Go_Ly_Dow

Could have copied FFXII or FFVIIR, which have vastly different but excellent combat systems. FFXV is a bizarre choice if true considering how messy it was.

ANDS

King of Gaslighting
The routine combat in FFXV was fun, but I do not think this is what they mean - or I certainly hope it isn't. I'm hoping the similarities are just down to not directly controlling your party and instead relying on them for special attacks.

. . .also "hack and slash" is not at all how I would describe the combat in FFXV; honestly this all sounds a bit like extrapolating on vague tidbits.

Wildebeest

Bioware games have always had funky design. People suffer through their janky systems and combat because in the end you can romance nonhuman nerd girls.

KàIRóS

Oh god please no, that press and hold one button to attack and ocasionally press and hold another button to dodge has to be one of the most braindead combat systems ever designed.

Madflavor

Bioware should've been dead years ago. It's incredible how this company has managed to continue shambling on like a zombie.

Top Bottom