• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Dragon Ball Z: Kakarot has now sold 6 million copies.

https://tech4gamers.com/dragon-ball-z-kakarot-6-million-copies/
The latest AAA title in the Dragon Ball franchise is over three years old. Having released in 2020, Dragon Ball Z: Kakarot aimed to faithfully retell the Dragon Ball Z story in an open-world RPG.

The game has crossed another milestone recently, reaching over 6 million copies sold worldwide.

Dragon Ball Z: Kakarot surpassed 5 million copies in September 2022. This means the game has sold an additional 1 million units in less than half a year. A current-gen release, supporting 60 FPS for PS5 and Xbox Series S|X has also been released since then.

The game is available across nearly every modern console and PC. This, along with Cyber Connect 2’s commitment to DLC content has likely been a major contributor to this recent success.

Dragon Ball Z: Kakarot starts from the very beginning of Dragon Ball Z and covers key moments in the franchise such as Goku’s first Super Saiyan transformation, Majin Vegeta’s final explosion, and more.

The mixed too poorly received Dragon Ball Z Kakarot has managed to sell 6 million copies due to fixes and updates by the developer Cyberkinect22.

Which makes some sense given that it's basically you playing Dragon Ball Z as an rpg. Which people had wanted to do in a bigger budget game for awhile, so many fans probably overlooked the issues, and possibly some people who watched it in the past maybe wanted to play the scenes they liked.

Spyxos

Gold Member
After the Naruto games I really wanted Cyberconnect to make a Dragonball game, but not like this. They just shit it out. I still haven't played through it to this day.

Teslerum

https://tech4gamers.com/dragon-ball-z-kakarot-6-million-copies/

The mixed too poorly received Dragon Ball Z Kakarot has managed to sell 6 million copies due to fixes and updates by the developer Cyberkinect22.

Which makes some sense given that it's basically you playing Dragon Ball Z as an rpg. Which people had wanted to do in a bigger budget game for awhile, so many fans probably overlooked the issues, and possibly some people who watched it in the past maybe wanted to play the scenes they liked.
Possibly.

Though it's not perfect either from that standpoint. Because often, while like 70+% of the scene is recreated 1:1. the rest is either half-assed or completely missed. Which gets that much more obvious to me when the 70% is so faithful and when that rest contains moments that were memorable to me.

Last edited:

A.Romero

Played more of this game than most for some weird reason. I used to be a DBZ fan back when it aired in my country in the 90's but don't care that much about it. Gameplay wasn't really that good and there were a lot of annoying things. However, I kept going back to it until I finished (about 25 - 30 hours maybe?). I even thought about getting the DLC but I found out it wasn't that good.

Probably never going to play it again either.

Weird thing.

The gameplay that is the only thing I care about in a Dragon Ball game sucked, so no point in playing it. The cinematics is always good when it comes to CC2 but everything else was subpar. I wish I had never bought it.

Top Bottom