• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Dragon Quest 8: lots of new pics

This game is looking awesome. If only we knew the release date. It will be 2004 for Japan, so what is that for us? Mid 2005? ( assuming FFXII is March 2005 Japan/Late 2005 US)

The graphics are amazing. They get extra points for just how well they've managed to translate Toriyama's art into the ingame graphics.

Ranger X

I love the graphics. I really thing Dragon Warrior is having chances to be back at the top and rule the traditionnal RPG genre.
Akira Toriyama + Level 5 = better than sex.

Mashing

Yup, one of the reasons (I suspect) for getting Level 5 to do the graphics, is to get it to appeal to a more western audience. Well that and the fact that Enix doesn't have to worry about taking a risk with this game anyway. DQ7 came over it it looked like ass, 99% probability this one is coming over as well

isamu

OMFG HOLY MOTHER OF MARY IN HEAVEN I CANT BELIEVE IT WTF WHERE ARE MY SEDATIVES AAAAHHH
Two words......

Simply Jawdropping

We should be seeing alot more of this game considering it's coming out later this year. They need to put together a new trailer but I guess we'll have to wait till TGS or Square-Enix's own show to see a new one. They seem to treat DQ like Rockstar treats GTA. Basically when the mentality of they know its gonig to sell so there's no reason to keep releasing pics and movies of it.

jarrod

Banned
This generation's starting to really turn around in rgards to JRPGs, with Dragon Quest 8 leading the pack. Square Enix rox!

jiggle

God I hope they'll make it where all 4 party members are visible on the map(along with the wagon), not just during cutscenes. It just doesn't feel DQ seeing only 1 person at a time. :(

Looks good nevertheless though. I love how expansive they got the world to look, and how accurately they translated Toriyama's art.

Brofist

Looks damn nice.

Wyzdom said:
I love the graphics. I really thing Dragon Warrior is having chances to be back at the top and rule the traditionnal RPG genre.
Akira Toriyama + Level 5 = better than sex.

Hehe now that's just going too far! :p

ypo

"Bet all those Microsoft kickbacks are helping the development of this game quite nicely"

This must be that industry shaking thing MS's doing. Funding the development of games on rival's system. Earth shattering news!!!!!

Top Bottom