• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Dragon's Dogma 2 First Look and Trailer Released | PlayStation Showcase

Final Fantasy 16 is already dead on arrival

Captain America Lol GIF by mtv

My god.. I was excited by this but then I just booted up and early game save of Dark Arisen. Is it par for the course to get demolished by all the enemies? And I'm a Fromsoft nut saying this.

Pejo

My god.. I was excited by this but then I just booted up and early game save of Dark Arisen. Is it par for the course to get demolished by all the enemies? And I'm a Fromsoft nut saying this.
I think DD has one of the more unforgiving early games from an action RPG. If you're having problems, I'd suggest sticking to the main quest until you get to Gran Soren (big hub city). Once you start upgrading your skills and gear it gets more manageable.

I think DD has one of the more unforgiving early games from an action RPG. If you're having problems, I'd suggest sticking to the main quest until you get to Gran Soren (big hub city). Once you start upgrading your skills and gear it gets more manageable.
Thanks that helps bc its a struggle. I'll just have to try to look and see which ones are main quests when I get on it again. Bc rn it's not even playable

Pejo

Thanks that helps bc its a struggle. I'll just have to try to look and see which ones are main quests when I get on it again. Bc rn it's not even playable
Basically, out of the starting town, just go straight along the road and you'll run into a fort. There's an event that happens there that tells you what you need to do next, which will take you (slowly) to Gran Soren via a quest.

Zug

Maybe you started the game in hard mode ? Hard mode is kinda hard in DD, especially the beginning where everything one shots you.

Didn't get to see the Gaf thread as this dropped. I was just too hyped up that I basically spent all my discussion of the trailer in the DD subreddit. Love you guys, but you won't see me after this game drops. The same case goes for FFXVI.

Yerd

I've played literally thousands of hours of DD. I recognized it immediately. Like 80 - 90% of the assets / animation / enemies / armor etc in that trailer are pulled straight from DD1. That's why my first thought was that it might be a remake of some sort... especially when they hung so long on the title before revealing it was actually part 2.

Especially considering how quickly they showed this.... let's be honest, it's very early, and they have gameplay? It was only just announced.

My brain was like.... maybe this is a remaster type thing to hold us over until the sequel is finished. Because, how can this be ... oh... it IS part 2. Okay.

And just to be clear, this is by far my most anticipated game. I'm really surprised and happy they showed it. But clearly this fast turn around is because they're leaning pretty heavy on stuff they built for the original. Fine by me.
I'm not one of the complainers of anything about this game. I just want more better dogma.

That said, I did notice the goblin animation was taken right from the first. After someone pointed out the night time in the trailer. I went back to see and noticed that.

Love dd1, there are no nays being said by me.

KiteGr

Lets guess the big ass boss monsters comming to DD2.

These are the ones on the original:
  • Cyclops/Armored Cyclops
  • Ogre
  • Griffin
  • c***atrice
  • Drake
  • Wyrm
  • Wyvern
  • Lich
  • Chimaera/Gore Chimaera
  • Hydra/Arch hydra
  • Ur-Dragon
  • Golems
  • Metal Golems (Different requirements to kill)
  • Gazer (beholder)
  • Grim Reaper
  • Obvious spoiler, and best boss fight in recent time, Red Dragon.
  • Obvious Spoiler, Daimon and it's second phase.

These are the boss monsters that appeared on Dragon's Dogma Online.
  • Grand Ent, a giant tree-like creature
  • Sphinx, a winged lion with the face of a woman and claws of a giant bird
  • Troll, primitive human-like giant that throws explosive barrels at its enemies
  • Colossus, giant cousin of the Cyclops, with a single eye and single large horn.
  • Dread Ape, giant ape-like creature
  • Geo Golem, a golem of molten rock who erupts in flame when enraged
  • Lindwurm, giant dragon-like reptile dwelling near the sea, with powerful innate electrical abilities
  • Mogok, the leader of the Orc horde
  • Zuhl, a giant winged beast with ape-like features; also known as the "Herald of Chaos and Destruction" - one of the most powerful and evil enemies
  • Witch, a powerful spellcaster
  • New dragonkin types including Alchemized Dragon, Behemoth and Elder Dragon
Tell me if I forget anyone.
I haven't played DDO so I took the list from the Wiki.

Since the monsters are very much based on Mythology and existing Stories and are not made up like monster hunter, Lets try guess the new big monsters to be added.

GymWolf

Lets guess the big ass boss monsters comming to DD2.

These are the ones on the original:
  • Cyclops/Armored Cyclops
  • Ogre
  • Griffin
  • c***atrice
  • Drake
  • Wyrm
  • Wyvern
  • Lich
  • Chimaera/Gore Chimaera
  • Hydra/Arch hydra
  • Ur-Dragon
  • Golems
  • Metal Golems (Different requirements to kill)
  • Gazer (beholder)
  • Grim Reaper
  • Obvious spoiler, and best boss fight in recent time, Red Dragon.
  • Obvious Spoiler, Daimon and it's second phase.

These are the boss monsters that appeared on Dragon's Dogma Online.
  • Grand Ent, a giant tree-like creature
  • Sphinx, a winged lion with the face of a woman and claws of a giant bird
  • Troll, primitive human-like giant that throws explosive barrels at its enemies
  • Colossus, giant cousin of the Cyclops, with a single eye and single large horn.
  • Dread Ape, giant ape-like creature
  • Geo Golem, a golem of molten rock who erupts in flame when enraged
  • Lindwurm, giant dragon-like reptile dwelling near the sea, with powerful innate electrical abilities
  • Mogok, the leader of the Orc horde
  • Zuhl, a giant winged beast with ape-like features; also known as the "Herald of Chaos and Destruction" - one of the most powerful and evil enemies
  • Witch, a powerful spellcaster
  • New dragonkin types including Alchemized Dragon, Behemoth and Elder Dragon
Tell me if I forget anyone.
I haven't played DDO so I took the list from the Wiki.

Since the monsters are very much based on Mythology and existing Stories and are not made up like monster hunter, Lets try guess the new big monsters to be added.
Lizzo could be on the list.

She is large enough to be mount.

Last edited:
There are many more creatures in DDO.

There are variants of monsters (Boss Type) like a Black Griffin, Orcs and Orc Chieftain, Undead Cyclops (its body collapses as the fight goes on), two Chimera variants, Bifrest (Cockatrice variant), Zuhl (used to be endgame boss material at the launch of DDO. It's basically Daimon 2.0), Behemoth (big lizard thingy but not a dragon or wyrm. I think), Trolls (basically Cyclops 2.0 but more aggressive), Human Enemies with advanced vocations, Terrasque (giant turtle), Death (still one-shots), Sphinx, Ent Tree, Elder Dragon, Manticore, there is a knight/armor thingy that I don't remember the name but it looks similar to The Destroyer Armor in the Thor Movie.

There are raid bosses like:
Diamantes (a Winged Knight ) who is the 1.0 main baddy (his design is fucking gorgeous),
Baphomet (really intense fight when he creates copies in the second phase)
The Dark Knight (an important figure in the DDO story)
A multitude of Dragons: Like the Golden Dragon, the Neverending Story-like White Dragon/Phantasmic Dragon (who is a quest giver to us and an important figure in the DDO-verse), Dark Dragon (the raid is fucking badass), Cursed Dragon, Evil Dragon (Idk its name in the Japanese version. He is a fire-based dragon with a 3-stage fight, one of the stages is platforming haha)

There are a few more but those are the most memorable ones.

KiteGr

There are many more creatures in DDO.

There are variants of monsters (Boss Type) like a Black Griffin, Orcs and Orc Chieftain, Undead Cyclops (its body collapses as the fight goes on), two Chimera variants, Bifrest (Cockatrice variant), Zuhl (used to be endgame boss material at the launch of DDO. It's basically Daimon 2.0), Behemoth (big lizard thingy but not a dragon or wyrm. I think), Trolls (basically Cyclops 2.0 but more aggressive), Human Enemies with advanced vocations, Terrasque (giant turtle), Death (still one-shots), Sphinx, Ent Tree, Elder Dragon, Manticore, there is a knight/armor thingy that I don't remember the name but it looks similar to The Destroyer Armor in the Thor Movie.

There are raid bosses like:
Diamantes (a Winged Knight ) who is the 1.0 main baddy (his design is fucking gorgeous),
Baphomet (really intense fight when he creates copies in the second phase)
The Dark Knight (an important figure in the DDO story)
A multitude of Dragons: Like the Golden Dragon, the Neverending Story-like White Dragon/Phantasmic Dragon (who is a quest giver to us and an important figure in the DDO-verse), Dark Dragon (the raid is fucking badass), Cursed Dragon, Evil Dragon (Idk its name in the Japanese version. He is a fire-based dragon with a 3-stage fight, one of the stages is platforming haha)

There are a few more but those are the most memorable ones.
Didn't include small monsters. They aren't the main selling point.
Sadly with the exception of the sphinx and perhaps the Ent, most of them sound like reskinns and variants of existing monsters.

I'll make some suggestions.
Since they love Berserk as much as we do, I can see them adding a Kelpie.
5425326340a3f5327b5905217966dee7-500x450.jpg

A Kraken or an oversized Centaur could be fun to climb.
82376bdbda01760ccf30b063e7cc6a67.jpg

Since Goblins On the DD Lore are supposed to be born by a Tree (that's why they are weak to fire) One would expected that at some point we should have been able to fight such a cursed tree, and not an Ent.
tumblr_inline_pg05u2Ul3w1qbzwyz_1280.png

Pejo

Itsuno's year-end message to us, translated by 4Gamer:

3ceizxwbvv8c1.png

Still wish they'd have gone anime catgirls instead of fursona catgirls, but nobody's perfect.

Top Bottom