• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Dread Templar - Official Early Access Launch Trailer

IbizaPocholo

NeoGAFs Kent Brockman

Dread Templar, the retro first-person shooter game, is available now in Early Access on PC. Check out the action-packed trailer.

Seek revenge as a Dread Templar, a fearsome fighter battling hellspawn in search of revenge. Wield an arsenal of demon-slaying tools like mobility-boosting ninja gear, souped-up firearms, and infernal weapons capable of cutting through legions of bloodthirsty fiends.

WitchHunter

Banned
What is happening. In the last 3 months I've seen like a dozen games like this. Everyone misses Hexen/Heretic/Blood somehow?

bender

What time is it?
What is happening. In the last 3 months I've seen like a dozen games like this. Everyone misses Hexen/Heretic/Blood somehow?

Indie devs have moved on from chasing their own tails in the Metroidvania and Rogue Lite genres.

Last edited:

V4skunk

Banned
I'm surprised no one has made Heretic/Hexen like fps. I'd like to see a revival of the series tbh.
They could make it into a fps like Doom but with rpg like systems for character builds, melee and magic etc..Have a more open world and slower gameplay compared to Doom.
If you wonder why I bring up Doom is because Heretic/Hexen has always used IDs engines.

WitchHunter

Banned
I'm surprised no one has made Heretic/Hexen like fps. I'd like to see a revival of the series tbh.
They could make it into a fps like Doom but with rpg like systems for character builds, melee and magic etc..Have a more open world and slower gameplay compared to Doom.
If you wonder why I bring up Doom is because Heretic/Hexen has always used IDs engines.
Somehow demons and the occult is taboo.

kiphalfton

This may be a good thing, as maybe they are finally moving on from developing baby's first game (i.e. walking sims with zero gameplay).

IbizaPocholo

NeoGAFs Kent Brockman

Contents Of This Video

00:00 Dread Templar Is Out Of Early Access
01:27 Story & Atmosphere
03:11 AWESOME MUSIC
04:45 Enemy Variety
05:30 DEVASTATING Weapons
07:24 Map Design
08:00 Player Expression & Upgrades
09:32 Guardian Mode
10:20 Retro Graphics?
10:58 Is Dread Templar Worth Your Money?

Last edited:
Top Bottom