• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Dreaming is nice, and all, but still... A little bit of reality check.

Ebidramon

Banned
Ever had a feeling that most of what we read on Internet, regarding games, and this hobby, are just random, empty promises, and most of that is simply too good to be true, not to mention, we simply can't have nice things.

- Metal Gear series is dead, and Metal Gear Solid Remake isn't in development

- there will be no new Silent Hill games of any kind

- Chrono games as well

- 99.9% of Sony exclusive will not be ported to PC

- Lara will never again wear short shorts

- Final Fantasy XVI will probably be a very good entry, but really, more Final Fantasy VII Remake is what most people will want when it comes to FF

- PlayStation 5 supporting PS1-PS3 properly is as probable as chimpanzee reverse engineering Bloodborne to work on PC

- NFTs are (dark) future, like it, or not

- gaming doesn't matter anymore, clicks do

arvfab

Banned
Lara will never again wear short shorts
Nooooo GIF

hemo memo

Gold Member
I moved recently back to my home country and retail is pretty much dying here so console gaming is becoming so ridiculously expensive as PS overpriced store is your only method of buying games. It is a dark future indeed.

99.9%? It's already too late for that to be true.

I also disagree with most of your points. There's a lot of smoke that Chrono Cross is getting remastered. Who knows where the series could go from there.

Metal Gear and Silent Hill will both make appearances in the future as well. If those games are any good or more hot garbage like Metal Gear Survive remains to be seen.

Not sure what you're trying to say with your last point of gaming not mattering, clicks do either.

Last edited:

TintoConCasera

I bought a sex doll, but I keep it inflated 100% of the time and use it like a regular wife
About Chrono: I'd put my money on the remake not being in development, but, after the ActRaiser remake reveal... I don't know man, that GeForce leak, as crazy as it sounded, might be real.

ViolentP

Ever had a feeling that most of what we read on Internet, regarding games, and this hobby, are just random, empty promises, and most of that is simply too good to be true, not to mention, we simply can't have nice things.

- Metal Gear series is dead, and Metal Gear Solid Remake isn't in development

- there will be no new Silent Hill games of any kind

- Chrono games as well

- Final Fantasy XVI will probably be a very good entry, but really, more Final Fantasy VII Remake is what most people will want when it comes to FF

- PlayStation 5 supporting PS1-PS3 properly is as probable as chimpanzee reverse engineering Bloodborne to work on PC

- NFTs are (dark) future, like it, or not

- gaming doesn't matter anymore, clicks do
Quit dreaming.

• LOL
Reactions: Isa

Ebidramon

Banned
Yes, I'm THAT stupid. Please enlighten me with your explanation why 99.9% of Sony exclusive will not be ported to PC.
It basically means that all this talk about Sony porting their exclusives to PC is just what so many of us want to happen, but in reality only few titles will get their PC version.

We live in clickbait world, and those who write such articles know very well that thousands of PC gamers would like to play a lot of console masterpieces at higher framerate, and resolution, and feed them empty hopes in exchange for more clicks.

Kuranghi

Whats really bothering you mate, probably better to talk about that than spam the forum with pessemistic mind-jizzes.

If you don't want to talk about it, a temporary solution that Bo already pointed out could be to acquire some trim.

Midn1ght

Northeastmonk

Gold Member
Slitterhead got announced. The former team behind Suikoden announced Eiyuden Chronicle. Bloodstained will probably get a sequel. We still have a ton of amazing games still to come. Even if companies follow similar trends, there’s still a ton left to enjoy. Imagine if they did remake Chrono Trigger and it was terrible.

Last edited:

Guilty_AI

HOW DARE YOU INTERNETERS FILTHY HAVE HOPES AND DREAMS!
YOU'RE ONLY ALLOWED TO WALLOW ON COLD MISERABLE PAIN UNTIL THE LAST OF YOUR DAYS ON EARTH!

Last edited:

Banned

you are incorrect... it will be about ~10% that will not be ported to PC :) if its even that many

my dude, the Nvidia leak was proven to be almost completely accurate by now... and there were some Sony games on there ;)
PlayStation Mobile was renamed to PlayStation PC
THEY BOUGHT A PC PORTGIN STUDIO...

Last edited:
Top Bottom